IGNORED

High Score Club 9.02 - Dragonfire

Ze_ro

ANOTHER "WHITE DRAGON ROOM" TIP!

I noticed, the most consistent way to FIRST get out of your treasure box,

is the left/diagonal up way... a bit more diagonal force on the joystick then left. If you push too much left only, that first fireball will kill you always!

THEN, After snagging some treasure on your first run outta the box , start to run in a pattern... left, run... right, run... left. As you do that you will notice that fireballs will be going in sequence, the white dragons tosses fireballs 1,2,3,4,... 1,2,3,4... (only if you run left/right) the fire will go "UP" at you but since you are running back 'n forth, the dragon wastes time tossing balls where you are not even at!!! While he (begins) to toss his fireballs, this give time to make a clear move for some treasure, and to continue your pattern left, run... and right, a "small" figure 8 pattern (or what works) don't make it too broad though, or you will hit a fireball. Just kinda scatter left then right...collecting treasures.

If you need a treasure (in the middle) run to left or right side, swoop down in a figure 8..back to the left or right side, watch those 1,2,3,4...

fireball patterns, then dive almost straight down and snag the last 1 or 2 in that middle area. then run all way up right ... then straight across the top to the left.

The key is to stay one step ahead of the dragons zeroing in on you.

post-3059-129998276241_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

improvement 38,950

that's a mind-boggling score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep it up and you'll be competing with the Twin Galaxies high scores....

Thanks. Your Millipede score was amazing so you obviously have the reflexes to be great at this game once you getting the patterns down. I find this game alot easier for me than Millipede since I can't keep track of all the enemies in that game.

I JUST threw out a nasty, nasty Dragonfire cartridge... a shame I had not seen this earlier.

Still, only second game of the season and I am feeling competitive this year. Scores to come!

Just tossed it, yeah bad timing! Don't worry though... it's just 1 point.

Sometimes bonus can range from 3 to 5 points!

Get your scores soon... this is a very busy begining to a season here...

sizzlin' competition.

improvement 38,950

that's a mind-boggling score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep it up and you'll be competing with the Twin Galaxies high scores....

Thanks. Your Millipede score was amazing so you obviously have the reflexes to be great at this game once you getting the patterns down. I find this game alot easier for me than Millipede since I can't keep track of all the enemies in that game.

You're welcome on the tips, Gorfy. I hope they make sense, it's hard to explain this game without bein' able to make a video.

Let me tell ya, Frostbite... I NEVER tried so hard on a video game then with MILLIPEDE, "HELLIPEDE", I mean... ok maybe I did, but it's in the top 5 of "highest effort" I gave trying to improve in a short period of time. I push myself like I was training with Bella Karoli for Atari Olympics. LOL... I "CAN" DO IT! :P 223ks to be exact.

Dragonfire is a bit easier for me because there's no higher level then the "White" dragons.

I'm gonna quote the late great Chris Farley. **KILL WHITEY!!**,

(SILENCE IN CONCERT) *just kidding!* (CHEERS)

This game is more difficult for me because I suck at games that require you to jump and duck (especially platform jumping games; this holds true even for the ones that I like, such as Kangaroo and Frostbite). Perhaps this is due to the fact that i never played Nintendo, and consequently missed that critical period in my video game playing development :ponder:

post-7973-130005574584_thumb.jpg

GAHH I used to be decent at this one but I can't crack 8000 now... great game though. Love the fantasy them, the three-color sprite, castle with rippling water, little hop he does when you start the game, manic speed with tight control, etc, etc.

the death leap, when you're clocked by a fireball in the castle scene WHILE jumping, hilarious.

Where I lose the most lives: once I lose one, I'm likely to lose another, as the dragon spawn-camps like a mother (must be an FPS fan) and I am still jamming left on the joystick when i die typically. A succession of thieves run swiftly out into instant death.

I knew you could hide in the door on phase 2, didn't know you could hide in the right-side castle.

I usually end up going in sort of lopsided figure 8 patterns in the treasure rooms

lots of luck involved with treasure placement.

CV version is fantastic btw.

Edited by DickNixonArisen

A little improvement,

Not getting the best treasures, I never got a full room of diamonds yet.

I remember I got all diamonds a couple times when I played this game years ago, I think Dragonfire is onto me. :P

One games loot was so bad, I had 4ks at the first White Dragon stage.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

A little improvement,

I remember I got all diamonds a couple times when I played this game years ago, I think Dragonfire is onto me. :P

I got a room full of diamonds once--during an abysmal game in which i only had a couple lives left. I think i scored 5K or 6K that game. What a waste :(

A little improvement,

I got a room full of diamonds once--during an abysmal game in which i only had a couple lives left. I think i scored 5K or 6K that game. What a waste :(

Sorry to hear.

I like how in the manual, it writes out what each treasure is worth...

like we have a choice in what stuff we get LOL?!, we have to get every item before we can leave! There's no way to influence what we recieve, it's randomized. ;)

Which in a way, is sort of an unfair scoring system... :ponder:

Glad this game was chosen. Never cared for it back in the day; but now have a new appreciation for it. I still suck at it though. Here is my high score - 6540. Don't have the cart (really odd that I don't.) So, I actually used my Harmony for the very first time to play this game. (My hopes of getting in the top ten are getting slimmer by the week...)

post-26936-130006530731_thumb.jpg

post-26936-130006531463_thumb.jpg