IGNORED

High Score Club 9.04 - Crossbow

Ze_ro

81,750!

post-9712-0-86512500-1300978654_thumb.png

My tips for the cave and the drawbridge levels:

Find the line that the birds fly to attack your friends and get your cursor on that line. Then it's just a matter of moving your cursor left and right to fend off everything. Your cursor will be high enough to hit the icicles/arrows from hitting you, and on the right line to pick off the birds that attack you left/right.

Edited by Deteacher

Ok my design.

Hell Level:

After defeating the king in the throne room our "dudes" are then taken down... down... down... to HELL!

The devil awaits!

The devil first throws 5 pitchforks which are lobbed over a wall at you.

You must protect your dudes by shooting each one.

The devil then begins to throw fireballs (shown below) over the wall.

As you shoot the fireballs they are sent flying back into the wall that protects the devil.

The wall is broken down after five hits from the fireballs.

The devil is exposed!

Just one more hit will topple the devil. No problem right. The devil now hates you.

You need just to walk over to him and kick his butt off the screen.

You are awared 20,000 points a get to start this game over. How fun!

post-28484-0-41104300-1301005238_thumb.jpg

A SPECIAL NOTE FOR STELLA EMULATOR USERS (Version 3.1.2) ABOUT THE GAME "CROSSBOW":

The Left Difficulty switch works inversely: "A" position means Slower Crossbow, and "B" means Faster Crossbow. The manual says that the Left Difficulty Settings are: "B" position for Slower Shot, and "A" position for Faster Shot.

ATTENTION!! The game mode changes each time you move your Joystick before starting the gameplay. So, be careful!!!

This doesn't apply to Stella version 3.3, does it?

I tried to use Stella Emulator version 3.3, and I verified that the Difficulty Settings DIDN'T change for "Crossbow": "B" position means Fast Cursor and "A" position, Slower Cursor. The Cursor is represented by WHITE SQUARE. I NOTED that Difficulty "B" is the default when I open another cartridge.

A SPECIAL NOTE FOR STELLA EMULATOR USERS (Version 3.1.2) ABOUT THE GAME "CROSSBOW":

The Left Difficulty switch works inversely: "A" position means Slower Crossbow, and "B" means Faster Crossbow. The manual says that the Left Difficulty Settings are: "B" position for Slower Shot, and "A" position for Faster Shot.

ATTENTION!! The game mode changes each time you move your Joystick before starting the gameplay. So, be careful!!!

This doesn't apply to Stella version 3.3, does it?

I tried to use Stella Emulator version 3.3, and I verified that the Difficulty Settings DIDN'T change for "Crossbow": "B" position means Fast Cursor and "A" position, Slower Cursor. The Cursor is represented by WHITE SQUARE. I NOTED that Difficulty "B" is the default when I open another cartridge.

Thanks for checking this out, Oyamafamily. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, I should be using difficulty "a" since I'm using Stella 3.3? (I've tried both difficulty settings more than once and honestly can't tell the difference --- I suck either way :P )

Edited by Gorfy

Tried to roll it, but lost my last two guys 1 at cave, and the next from the

arrow "misstimed it". :x

Oh well, maybe sometime again, I'll suffer through another hour of this.

That's a great score Jacob. What controller do you use for this game? I would think a trak ball would be great for this game but I don't have one yet.

Tried to roll it, but lost my last two guys 1 at cave, and the next from the

arrow "misstimed it". :x

Oh well, maybe sometime again, I'll suffer through another hour of this.

That's a great score Jacob. What controller do you use for this game? I would think a trak ball would be great for this game but I don't have one yet.

Thanks!

I always use the standard Atari joystick. I can't use the Genesis controller, I don't own one. ;)