IGNORED

High Score Club 9.04 - Crossbow

Ze_ro

Question: Can we go back and forth in between 2 areas since we risk getting killed by anything in any area. This I don't think could be padding. Or do we have to make an attempt at getting to the castle

That would be padding, IMO. Anybody can roll the score if they just keep playing the desert and cave levels over and over.

I was looking forward to playing this game with it's nice graphics and adventure theme. It's turned in to more of a pain in the butt, though, as I'm having lots of difficulty aiming that little square. I may try this some more Sunday after my super long work shifts the last few days.

post-2105-0-07480600-1301107628_thumb.jpg

A SPECIAL NOTE FOR STELLA EMULATOR USERS (Version 3.1.2) ABOUT THE GAME "CROSSBOW":

The Left Difficulty switch works inversely: "A" position means Slower Crossbow, and "B" means Faster Crossbow. The manual says that the Left Difficulty Settings are: "B" position for Slower Shot, and "A" position for Faster Shot.

ATTENTION!! The game mode changes each time you move your Joystick before starting the gameplay. So, be careful!!!

If this is the case then this is my high

Crossbow1987Atari_3.png

Question: Can we go back and forth in between 2 areas since we risk getting killed by anything in any area. This I don't think could be padding. Or do we have to make an attempt at getting to the castle

That would be padding, IMO. Anybody can roll the score if they just keep playing the desert and cave levels over and over.

You've seen my scores, not me

My recommendation is: MAKE AN ATTEMPT AT GETTING TO THE CASTLE BECAUSE OF 10,000-POINT BONUS!

post-13033-0-49577400-1301160832_thumb.jpg

The bridge:

You cross over a bridge and for some strange reason there are bouncing rocks coming at you! You will have to shoot the rocks before they crush you.

In the sky shitbirds are flying around dropping birdshit everywere. You have to stay away from the shit or you will die (from suffication i guess?). You can shoot both the shitbirds and the birdshit.

Shooting the shitbirds and the rocks scores you 100points, shooting birdshit scores you 50points.

post-13033-0-59851900-1301160869_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

post-13033-0-49577400-1301160832_thumb.jpg

The bridge:

You cross over a bridge and for some strange reason there are bouncing rocks coming at you! You will have to shoot the rocks before they crush you.

In the sky shitbirds are flying around dropping birdshit everywere. You have to stay away from the shit or you will die (from suffication i guess?). You can shoot both the shitbirds and the birdshit.

Shooting the shitbirds and the rocks scores you 100points, shooting birdshit scores you 50points.

post-13033-0-59851900-1301160869_thumb.jpg

nice canvas! :)

• Like 1

I don´t think this tactic is to cheat and i dont think it is an easier tactic. But this tactic makes the game boring. The only real challenge is the coconuts thrown by those darn monkeys. The Castle Hall is by far the easiest level (IMO) and it is the only way to get an extra friend + 10.000 bonuspoints. So i dont understand why someone would prefer to hopp between just two levels?

Oyamafamilys tactic of avoiding the monkeys and playing the rest of the levels is probably the easiest way to score high.

• Like 1

In the level I created, our guys have a bad case of the munchies from all their adventures in previous levels. They must make it to White Castle and scarf down some sliders in order to restore their health and move on to the next level. However, you must help each guy past two sinister obstacles. Black clouds appear, and suddenly a razor-sharp pendulum descends from a cloud and threatens to decapitate your man. You must shoot the rope holding the pendulum right where the rope's end attaches to the base of the pendulum. But that's not all you have to do before your guy gets to enter the White Castle and indulge in some savory sliders from heaven.........Rabid dogs, attracted by the delectable aroma of sizzling burgers, appear on the scene. Unfortunately, these dogs are invincible, but you can shoot their fangs out to render them harmless. Once past these obstacles, shoot the doorknob and enter the wonder that is White Castle!

post-27900-0-99596300-1301167672_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don´t think this tactic is to cheat and i dont think it is an easier tactic. But this tactic makes the game boring. The only real challenge is the coconuts thrown by those darn monkeys. The Castle Hall is by far the easiest level (IMO) and it is the only way to get an extra friend + 10.000 bonuspoints. So i dont understand why someone would prefer to hopp between just two levels?

Oyamafamilys tactic of avoiding the monkeys and playing the rest of the levels is probably the easiest way to score high.

I agree that the game would get boring without the monkeys! I like to hit every level at least once and then do Jacob's red-blue-red-red sequence the rest of the time.

I agree that the game would get boring without the monkeys! I like to hit every level at least once and then do Jacob's red-blue-red-red sequence the rest of the time.

I have a good way to clear the Monkey Zone in my tips section, there's a bonus guy waiting after that level too. So what I do, is go for the Monkeys early in the game (after practicing the level), and when I get around 100ks.. I take the cave path, and leave the monkeys alone. heheh. I got a nice map waiting for beginner players.

The quicker you play through to the castle the quicker you will finish with 10ks extra!

Since most of the points are at the Drawbridge and Castle/Treasure zones... why waste time

going to and from desert/cave or lava? Plus, if you only have 2 men left, you could die once at the lava, and desert and eventually run out of men! Better to try to collect 'em

at the end of the treasure room. I got all 4 men back once and 3 men at least twice :)

Which also means bigger score!

Ahh the risky Monkey route, but, ...it's also the quickest route to the drawbridge.

Thus, a quick 10ks.

I like that route too, untill I hit around 200ks, then I don't wanna risk a Monkey mistake. :ponder: Then the drawbridge kicks in on my tired hands lol... ;)