IGNORED

High Score Club 9.04 - Crossbow

Ze_ro

improvement but not much. 436,650

its frustrating when you have to play so long to surpass your high score and then you die when you get just a few points beyond it :x

Tell me about it. I just got to 421,000 about 15,000 short of my record and I was furious. You play all that just to come up short or barely pass your high. BTW, great job with the 801,200

Edited by Frostbite76

Control is a toughie on this one. I'm trying a few different ways through Stella, and none seem perfect. Oh well, it's a fun game anyways.

post-26714-0-51927500-1301276425_thumb.jpg

Are you using a keyboard, controller stick, arcade stick or D-Pad? D-Pad or Arcade stick is the way to go

I was using a USB 2600 type controller, and then I went back to an arcade stick (which has switches that register as keyboard input keys). I just have trouble getting the cursor to move either fast enough or slow enough to hit what I want it to, but that's probably just part of the challenge of the game. Maybe I'll try a gamepad and see if I can improve.

improvement but not much. 436,650

its frustrating when you have to play so long to surpass your high score and then you die when you get just a few points beyond it :x

Tell me about it. I just got to 421,000 about 15,000 short of my record and I was furious. You play all that just to come up short or barely pass your high. BTW, great job with the 801,200

Thanks, Frostbite76!

Control is a toughie on this one. I'm trying a few different ways through Stella, and none seem perfect. Oh well, it's a fun game anyways.

post-26714-0-51927500-1301276425_thumb.jpg

Are you using a keyboard, controller stick, arcade stick or D-Pad? D-Pad or Arcade stick is the way to go

I was using a USB 2600 type controller, and then I went back to an arcade stick (which has switches that register as keyboard input keys). I just have trouble getting the cursor to move either fast enough or slow enough to hit what I want it to, but that's probably just part of the challenge of the game. Maybe I'll try a gamepad and see if I can improve.

I think funky control is just part of the game, but you get used to it with practice. I've been using a regular 2600 joystick with the Stelladaptor.

post-24681-0-95432300-1301360322_thumb.png488,350

Since I beat the 2nd Twin-Galaxy Best Score (478,900 points by Stephen Knox) and it's my goal for this game, here's my FINAL ATTEMPT! Besides, I'm not able to improve my score, because it's more difficult to beat and I got 5 bonus points (2 for "Expert Arbalist" and 3 for "Level Designer"). Now, I'm going to wait for the next game.

P.S.: NICE SCORE, GORFY & JACOBZU7ZU7!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by oyamafamily

OK, I'm getting the hang of this game a little bit. Not as well as JacobZu7zu7 and the rest of you guys getting those amazing scores, but enough to earn the bonus which was my main goal. I'm getting better at moving my crossbow with the characters so I'm always above their heads to knock out birds, icicles and other dangers. I'm getting better at timing those arrows at the drawbridge, too. The hardest part is when something is coming at your guy from above and the side at the same time and getting your crossbow to both dangers in time.

post-2105-0-65651200-1301365949_thumb.jpg

Here is my bonus level:

Your guys are chained in the dungeon. Keys are dropping from above (I'm not sure where they are coming from--Providence, I guess). The trouble is, spiders are swooping up to steal the keys. You need to aim your crossbow at the spiders to knock them out so the keys can drop into the locks. There are only a certain number of keys that drop (fewer as you progress in the game) and you have to make sure four are successful to release your guy so he can jump into the escape hatch. If the spiders steal too many keys, your guy dies.

post-2105-0-52524900-1301366390_thumb.jpg

My drawings is absoulety horrid but my level is taken straight from the Bible. David and Goliath.

DSCN0652.png

You a minscule guy compared to the great big powerful Goliath must pick up stones or little red dots in front of you and then go over to Goliath and hit him square in the noggin. No other enemies will stop you.

I hope this is better, it took some effort

Crossbow man Is skating on a pond and must avoid missiles, gun shots and cannon shots. The missiles travel slow but if they hit the ice or your man, it's a lost life. The bullets travel faster but aren't very accurate so don't have to worry so much about them. The cannon shots are the most accurate and travel at a average speed. Some don't travel while fly over your head. Don't let more than 5 hit the ice.

post-28767-0-35998100-1301370183_thumb.jpg

post-28767-62092_thumb.jpg

ROLLAGE! 999,999 +1

I even when to the Monkeys level at 970ks...

then the game ended perfectly, I rolled it by completing the final TREASURE ROOM!

:D

Glad that's over.

"Tomorrow I rest"

Congrats on the roll, Jacob!

Does the game actually end after you roll it or did you quit at that point?

ROLLAGE! 999,999 +1

then the game ended perfectly, I rolled it by completing the final TREASURE ROOM!

Glad that's over.

"Tomorrow I rest"

great job. Could you imagine if you died with 970,000. over an hour of playing just to come up 30,000 short.

ROLLAGE! 999,999 +1

Glad that's over.

"Tomorrow I rest"

great job. Could you imagine if you died with 970,000. over an hour of playing just to come up 30,000 short.

Haha, yeah... those Monkeys are just as tough as the Drawbridge. I was determined though,

I WASN'T going to lose :twisted: I could smell the finish line.

The score does roll... goes right at 999ks back to 0, or in my case, stoping at 6ks. Yes the game just keeps going (forever).

So if you get to roll the score Gorfy, you might wanna snap a pic at 900ks or so.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

My drawings is absoulety horrid but my level is taken straight from the Bible. David and Goliath.

DSCN0652.png

You a minscule guy compared to the great big powerful Goliath must pick up stones or little red dots in front of you and then go over to Goliath and hit him square in the noggin. No other enemies will stop you.

I hope this is better, it took some effort

Now that I am bored with this game, ok, I just can't get any better. I thought I would make fun of some created levels like yours classicgamer_27330.

This could NOT be a level in this game beacuse the dudes NEVER pick up things in this game. You only shoot stuff. So David could not "pick Up" stones and throw them at Goliath.

Doubt I'll improve on my score, but here's my bonus idea:

WELCOME TO HELL!

post-9712-0-84299600-1301418691_thumb.png

Ok, it's pretty much the cave level, but instead of bats coming at you, I added lightning bolts. And I changed the colors to make it more Hell-like.

I already did a "hell level". Maybe you could be a bit more creative.