IGNORED

Space Harrier Atari XLXE - Pre-Final Release

Kjmann

I think the Space Harrier logo especially could do with some tweaking in that area.

Perhaps, some of those famous g2f-artists from Poland would do better? :ponder:

Depending on the "conversion style" , the title is ok. The real sad thing is the music that still fits to the game like a flea in the hair of a giant. The digis are still to low at volume compared to that tweeter killing noise...

I think the Space Harrier logo especially could do with some tweaking in that area.

Depending on the "conversion style" , the title is ok. The real sad thing is the music that still fits to the game like a flea in the hair of a giant. The digis are still to low at volume compared to that tweeter killing noise...

The title screen uses the same in-game method for extra colours to allow for animation, plus some player-missile under and overlays, but there are still limitations on the colours - light blue instead of white was a necessary compromise. Think it'd be quite tough to do much better in G2F.

Actually, I've just finished redoing the digi to dual pokey music volume levels, prompted by previous comments about it

Digis are now using 2 channels for added volume and I've reduced the volume in the music some more.

Still a few things left to do, but I'm not too far from being happy with how things are with the game. Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup:

• Like 7

The title screen uses the same in-game method for extra colours to allow for animation, plus some player-missile under and overlays, but there are still limitations on the colours - light blue instead of white was a necessary compromise. Think it'd be quite tough to do much better in G2F.

Actually, I've just finished redoing the digi to dual pokey music volume levels, prompted by previous comments about it

Digis are now using 2 channels for added volume and I've reduced the volume in the music some more.

Still a few things left to do, but I'm not too far from being happy with how things are with the game. Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup:

Very nice news . Thanks.

This conversion is stellar. Very well done. I can't wait to get the BIN file so I can copy it my Atarimax cartridge. :)

Will a ATR or EXE file be released? It should.

It's a *really* big game the way I've done things. It needs a whole 8Mbit cart to itself. Without a complete re-write and a very big RAM expansion, an ATR or EXE isn't really feasible.

Edited by Sheddy

This conversion is stellar. Very well done. I can't wait to get the BIN file so I can copy it my Atarimax cartridge. :)

It's a *really* big game the way I've done things. It needs a whole 8Mbit cart to itself. Without a complete re-write and a very big RAM expansion, an ATR or EXE isn't really feasible.

Many of us will receive Ultimate1MB internal expansion so memory would not be a problem.

A complete re-write is a big problem!

I hope kjmann this time will make a good package because I would like to buy this game.

Many of us will receive Ultimate1MB internal expansion so memory would not be a problem.

A complete re-write is a big problem!

I hope kjmann this time will make a good package because I would like to buy this game.

Ah, OK. With 1MB RAM it should be quite do-able. Will have to check out the Ultimate1MB.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we are talking RAM expansions again....so I have to ask the oft-asked, potentially annoying question (apologies in advance):

Will this work in a stock 130XE via cart (purchased one or Maxflash 8MBit cart)? I recall previous versions stating that it would, and now I'm confused. Sorry to be an A8 "newbie".

kicks ass... and let's always remember... 1,79 MHz PAL without Blitter!

This is not really true. It's using a line blitter ;)

ok... object blitter... ;)

Hardware Line Blitter ;)

post-2756-0-65483200-1309893151_thumb.png

Without the "Line Blitter" you would see blank lines ;)

Edited by emkay