IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Had a goodnight for finds.

Spongebob Plug n' Play .99 <~free because I found a dollar on the floor.

Bio-Hazard Battle Gen CIB 4.00

Bass Masters Classic Gen 3.00

Virtua Fighter 2 Gen 3.00

Beauty and the Beast Gen CIB 3.00

Kid Kool NES 3.00

Solomons Key NES 3.00

3d Worldrunner NES 3.00

MK 2 SNES Free, thanks to freecycle

Roadsters DC 5.00

GameCube Extension Cable 5.00

WiiPlay Wii 49.99 <~another hard to find wii item

Edited by Ghost Soldier

5200.jpg

all of the games are unopened and were $3 each from a salvation army.

5200 pengo(x3), pitfall!(x3) and ms. pac-man (x2)

commodore 64/atari temple of apshaie trilogy

atari flight simulator II

also found a "story of star wars" 8-track still with the shrinkwrap and columbia house sleeve. :)

Edited by orangest

This week at the thrifts, I picked up "James Bond 007" and "Popeye" for the Atari 5200, both complete-in-box, for $1.99 each. And I don't even have a 5200.

I also found two dirt-cheap, but nice looking, SNES (model 1) decks. One of them looked like it was from late in the SNES 1 life cycle, and had the UPC barcode/serial number label on the bottom of the system. It had a strange-looking power connector as well: it looked like two small metal prongs in the jack. (And there was no AC adapter to be found with the system.) Unless the original power jack got knocked out somehow, what sort of power supply would this use?

Edited by DrLove0378

I also found two dirt-cheap, but nice looking, SNES (model 1) decks. One of them looked like it was from late in the SNES 1 life cycle, and had the UPC barcode/serial number label on the bottom of the system. It had a strange-looking power connector as well: it looked like two small metal prongs in the jack. (And there was no AC adapter to be found with the system.) Unless the original power jack got knocked out somehow, what sort of power supply would this use?

You guessed right: The original power jack was damaged. Those two little prongs are supposed to be within a plastic tab that helps hold the power connector in place. It will still work (assuming nothing else is wrong with the unit), but you'll have to be careful not to bump the cord or the console while it's on.

Edited by skunkworx

Had a good weekend for finds.

Sega Genesis Model 1

1 controller

1 RF Hookup

NHLPA Hockey 93 Gen

NBA Live 96 Gen

NHL 98 Gen

Bulls Vs. Lakers Gen

Madden 94 Gen

Afterburner SMS

Not thrift finds but goodies sent from Dusk2600, thank's again

River City Ransom NES 12.00 off of ebay

Now the thrift finds.

Pinbot NES 3.25

LifeForce NES 3.25

Ikari Warriors NES 3.25

NBA 2k1 DC .99

The Hunt for Red October NES 1.49

Diddy Kong Racing Promo Video .29

Virtual On Sat 1.00

Saturday Night Slammasters Gen 1.25

GameShark Pocket PowerGuide 1.25

Happened upon a Video Game store a couple towns over that I didn't know that was there, here in NW Ohio. They pretty much had anything from NES-current. Fair prices for the most part and everything was pretty well organized.

Anyway found some new additions to my gameboy collection:

Wario Land III $8

Game and Watch Gallery $4

Game and Watch Gallery 3 $4

Beavis and Butthead FREE for buying the other 3

Wario Land $4

Wario Blast $6

Edited by rustblackend

Kind of a funny little story here. Was on Digitpress today, and came close to buying what I thought was a complete Bleemcast Metal Gear Solid for $16 shipped. I thought it was going to be the Bleem disc, and the actual game, but the guy was surprised I would think that (sorry, the Bleem by itself is fairly useless, so I figured complete would be more than just the disc---whatever), and said no way.

So on the way home from work, I stop into the Goodwill, and they have a whole lot of nice PS1 games, including a mint condition (not a scratch on the discs or the case) Metal Gear Solid, original one too, not a greatest hits. $4.99.

You guessed right: The original power jack was damaged. Those two little prongs are supposed to be within a plastic tab that helps hold the power connector in place. It will still work (assuming nothing else is wrong with the unit), but you'll have to be careful not to bump the cord or the console while it's on.

Well, at least I have some spare parts now. Both of them cost me only $6, so I can't really be too sore about that.

But today, I did a nice job at Goodwill! First of all, I found a nice boxed Commodore 64 (it even had the styrofoam spacers in there,) with an aftermarket power supply and TV cord (but no manuals, unfortunately,) for $19.99. I thought that was a bit too much, but what the hell. I plugged it in, and much to my surprise it worked! This is the first time I've EVER seen a working C64 power supply. (The power light came on, but I haven't tested it beyond that.)

Also found a bunch of SNES games for 99 cents each. The dolt who owned these before wrote their name on the back of some of them, with a magic marker... UGH!

Fatal Fury 2 - in box w/manual

Final Fight 2 - in box w/manual

Emmitt Smith Football

Super Play Action Football

Super High Impact

ClayFighter

Super Troll Islands

Street Fighter Alpha 2

F-Zero

Shaq Fu (perhaps I should have left that one behind... :roll: )

Killer Instinct

Fatal Fury

Fatal Fury Special

I also learned the hard way: DON'T CLEAN YOUR CARTS WITH ACETONE! It eats the plastic! Thank God that it was just "Super High Impact" that I messed up, and not something rarer.

This wasn't really a thrift find, but I felt like bragging about it anyway... I recently scored minty CIB copies of "Marvel Land" and "M.U.S.H.A." on eBay, for $22 and $80, respectively. Might seem like a lot, but they were well worth it. :D

A couple of those SNES games I got today were somewhat rare, so I'll probably sell them to defray my recent purchases. Any takers?

Great hauls today:

Thank You for smoking dvd mint and complete 3.33

Atari 2600 with 9 games for 25.00 overpriced until you see that spy hunter is included along with a boxed riddle of the sphinx, drove 45 min to get to the place to buy it also. sold everything for 15 except spyhunter, boxed riddle and a bunch of instruction manuels no spy hunter one tho :(

VOA:

Dawn Zulu complete Beta tape 1.00

blue chopper command .50

missle command .50

demon attack .50

pole position II .50

i feel like Pressurecooker2600 buying games i already have but oh well.

also picked up a 3D tic tac toe thinking i didnt have it, for 1.00 it will be up for sale.

Atlantis free

5200 with 2 controlers 1 working, trac ball, all hookups and 24 games most with overlays for 50.00 (mostly store credit)

The Games:

Dig Dug

ms pac man

gorf

soccer

frogger with 2 overlays WOW lol

missle command

Galaxian w 1 overlay

pac man w 1 overlay

defender w 1 overlay

Q*bert

Qix w 2 overlays

Kangaroo

pole position

football

Buck rodgers

Star raiders w 1 overlay

Popeye

pengo super breakout with 1 overlay had 1 so now 2 :)

berzerk

counter measure

baseball

centipede w 2 overlays

joust

whew!

Edited by Dusk2600

Forgot about these:

Game Gear

Ren & Stimpy

Poker Face Paul's Solitaire

Lemmings (a fave on the Amiga)

Columns

Solitaire Poker

- $1 each

I noticed something weird at a couple of antique stores. The dealers had set out a lot of board games, unbuilt model kits - especially HO model train houses. Is this a trend that's coming, or just a couple crazy stores down Broadway in Chicago? ;)

a few weeks ago I was a cash converters and picked up an Exocet Missile (Atari 2600) $3 - good condition. my brother got a black Nintendo 64 for $30, he thought it was only the console but it came with a joystick and all the cables. When he opened the expansion slot he found an expansion pack which I saw at cash converters today by itself for $40. While I was there I bought a Sega Saturn backup memory cartridge for $5 in excellent condition.