IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Had a four day weekend and some good finds from around the state.

Sega Master System 3.49

Alex Kidd The Lost Stars w/box SMS 1.49

Hang-On and Astro Warrior CIB SMS 1.49

Afterburner w/box SMS 1.49

Aztec Adventure w/box SMS 1.49

Thunderblade w/box SMS 1.49

Wonderboy in Monster Land CIB SMS 1.49

California Games w/box SMS 1.49

Super Tennis w/box and Ghost House Loose SMS 1.49

Friday The 13th NES 1.00

Snoopys Silly Sports NES 3.00

Gargoyles CIB Gen 3.00

Alex Kidd Enchanted Castle CIB Gen 3.00

Forgotten Worlds CIB Gen 3.00

Virtual Pinball CIB Gen 3.00

Aaah!!! Real Monsters Gen 2.50

Powerball CIB Gen 2.50

Zelda LTTP SNES 1.00

Mortal Kombat II SNES 1.00

Vegas Stakes SNES Store Credit

U.N. Squadron SNES Store Credit

Time Cop SNES Store Credit

American Gladiators SNES Store Credit

Super Adventure Island II SNES 3.00 :D

Mystical Ninja SNES 3.00

Prehistorik Man SNES 3.00

Pokemon Yellow GB .10

Tombraider Chronicles CIB PS1 2.50

PaRappa The Rapper CIB PS1 2.00

PS1 System w/case, 3 controllers, 2 memory cards and the following games 19.99

Jet Moto PS1

Tombraider III CIB PS1

Tenchu CIB PS1

Final Fantasy VII CIB PS1

Final Fantasy VIII CIB PS1

Final Fantasy IX CIB PS1

V-Tech System and 2 Controllers 1.00

V-Tech V-Smile System w/the following games .50

Finding Nemo

ZayZoo

Duke Nukem 64 N64 6.00

Tonka On The Job NIB GBA 15.00 <~Son wanted it

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection CIB PS2 8.00

Megaman X Collection CIB PS2 8.00

Terminator 3 Redemption NIB Xbox 5.00

Big Brain Academy NIB DS 19.00

Bubble Bobble Revolution NIB DS 17.00

Scene It? Box w/2 Controllers, no game 360 .50

Various Controllers and Odd's

Phillips CD-I Roller Controller 1.00

Turbo Stick TG-16 1.00

PS2 Multi-Tap x2 1.00 each

Intec Racing Wheel *mini* PS1 .50

PS2 System w/manual *non-working* .50 Need's laser eye adjusted

N64 Game Storage Cabinet 1.00

Ms. Pac-Man TV Tray 1.81 <~One of the coolest finds

101 Nintendo Secrets Book .50

Sonic The Hedgehog Tips Book .50

Various manuals and other things. Averaged out to about .05 a piece for them.

post-10277-1203345873_thumb.jpgpost-10277-1203345883_thumb.jpg

post-10277-1203345879_thumb.jpgpost-10277-1203345868_thumb.jpg

post-10277-1203345854_thumb.jpgpost-10277-1203345753_thumb.jpg

post-10277-1203345728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Hiya! Did you get those buds from a brick & mortar store, or a web store? Thx.

I got them from the PX... The store on post. :) I like them a lot. I tried them out yesterday while playing Call of Duty 4 They are really nice. I'll have to try them while running sometime to see if they will stay in.

ghost soldier those are amazing finds homie were did u find all of that stuff at?

Between Terre Haute, and Indianapolis, Indiana. I make a run up to indianapolis every couple of weeks. They have a pay by the pound goodwill outlet that's kinda neat. Also a few value village's that are good for something every now and again. There is a flea market up there that has a couple decent vendors too.

I bow down to Ghost Soldier. Makes me feel like I got ripped off for these $1 PS1 games. ;)

Family Feud

NHL Powerplay '96

Agetec Bowling

Caesar's Palace 2000 (come in a 2 disc box, but it's only bigger to fit a book on actual gambling)

Disruptor (case only - I missed checking for the disc! Growl.)

NES Chip & Dale Rescure Rangers - $1

Waco mechanical poker game from early 70's - $1.50

Wireless Recoton speakers (great for gaming on a video projector) - $12

They also had a ton of VCD movies among the CD's. For the uninitiated these are frequently low quality bootleg versions of movies pressed onto CD. They play in most DVD players, but aren't really worth more than the novelty of the insane Chinese covers. Buck a throw:

Final Destination (thought it was a Playstation game... my eyes bust be going funny)

Payback

Star Wars Ep 1 (funny cover, rotten movie)

Armageddon

Deep Impact

U.S. Marshals

Tomorrow Never Dies

Cheaper than renting them...

Had a find today that made up for my long draught.

Virtual Boy. In beat-up box (no internals). With eyeshade and clip-thingy. With (semi-broken) stand. With AC adapter and TAP thing.

In the bottom of the box were Mario Tennis, Wario Land and Vertical Force.

The Virtual Boy buzzes on the right side, and the right "eye" is a little wobbly. I'm guessing it's the lense assembly spinner thing. I'm going to take it apart and see if I can figure out what's wrong, but if anyone has any experience, please let me know.

Woohoo!

VB's do go out of alignment when they're banged around. I never had to repair one... I always seemed to thrift a spare when one went bad. Worth a look. One thing that almost no one seems to talk about is that the VB has one of the nicest soundchips of the period. The games often have very nice music, and the close proximity to the speakers give you nice stereo fullness.

Even if your VB is busted, the AC adapter is hard to find. Even a non-broken stand isn't terribly stable, so it sounds to me like you might have ended up ahead of the game. ;)

Oh, and I forgot one more thing on my list. I got a PS1 Mad Catz steering wheel & pedals etc. for $1.50. That's going to be rad. ;)

VB's do go out of alignment when they're banged around. I never had to repair one... I always seemed to thrift a spare when one went bad. Worth a look. One thing that almost no one seems to talk about is that the VB has one of the nicest soundchips of the period. The games often have very nice music, and the close proximity to the speakers give you nice stereo fullness.

Even if your VB is busted, the AC adapter is hard to find. Even a non-broken stand isn't terribly stable, so it sounds to me like you might have ended up ahead of the game. ;)

Oh, and I forgot one more thing on my list. I got a PS1 Mad Catz steering wheel & pedals etc. for $1.50. That's going to be rad. ;)

Isn't the power supply the same as the SNES?

The adapter itself is, but the bit that attaches the adapter to the VB controller is more rare.

Ironically I didn't get the battery TAP in the deal :)

I fixed the buzz/wobble! I took the whole thing apart and found that it was the mirror's vibrating that was causing the buzzing. Part of the mirror assembly which would be ridiculous to describe needed a dot of super glue and now it's working perfectly and quietly.

Super proud of myself for fixing it, and super happy to finally have a VBoy!

Edited by MFoolsRun

The adapter itself is, but the bit that attaches the adapter to the VB controller is more rare.

Ironically I didn't get the battery TAP in the deal :)

I fixed the buzz/wobble! I took the whole thing apart and found that it was the mirror's vibrating that was causing the buzzing. Part of the mirror assembly which would be ridiculous to describe needed a dot of super glue and now it's working perfectly and quietly.

Super proud of myself for fixing it, and super happy to finally have a VBoy!

good jerb captain! I have a VB and power tap myself, the left eyepiece seems out of synch, and of course, a messed up tripod base.

I haven't taken the time to dig into it and fix it however.. I'm just glad to have one actaully

being an overly large person, I essentially have pro wrestler dimensions, I find the VB horribly uncomfortable to set up and play, I don't suffer from vertigo, the display doesn't mess with me, but it's very tiresome to operate for me.

perhaps I should make the head strap mod? :D

So I had to open up the Virtual Boy again; apparently last time I'd failed to align the focus and... other knobby thing's pins and slots and such, so they didn't work.

God damn, Virtual Boys are a pain to disassemble. You can't just place everything back in the case like with an NES or SNES --you have to make sure everything on all sides is properly aligned and fitted and hope it stays that way while you put the cover on and screw it back down.

I was Lucky Enough to his a swap shop right after a guy brought in a full box to trade in. The swap shop dealer gave the guy 1.00 per game and charged me 3.00

i got

Wild Guns

Mega man X

Mega man X2

Monopoly

Super Mario All Stars/World

Super Metroid

Zelda

frogger

Ms pac man

EVO search for Eden

boogerman a pic and flick adventure

and many more games

Wild guns is a blast btw

Also picked up from the same place we love katamari for ps2

The Dreamcast is an awesome system. Good for emulators & homebrews. I thikn that it's going to be the brains behind my MAME cabinet til I can get a computer in there.

As for the PS1, there are some fun games for it, but you'd have to mod it to do a lot of the other fun stuff like run homebrews. At the thrifts I've been to, it seems like the salad days for PS1 games. They're easy to find for just a buck or two mixed in with CD's. I either play them in the arcade cabinet, or I have one of those little PSone's with the attached LCD TV. makes a lot of those crummy graphics look a lot better. ;)

Reselling the PS1 probably won't get you much these days. Either trade it to someone, or at least keep it as a CD player. There are people in the audiophile crowd who swear that an old Playstation is one of the best CD players out there.

http://www.retrothing.com/2007/07/playstation-1-a.html