IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Wasn't really a thrift find, but I did grab Gunstar Super Heroes and Resident Evil Gaiden for the Gameboy today for $4.99 apiece at GS, then got to Target and got Tony Hawk Underground 2 for the Cube, also for $4.99. And I picked up Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 for the Cube for $3.99 at Goodwill yesterday. Not a bad day I guess.....

Did a little thrifting yesterday, got myself Nascar 2000 for the N64. Test Drive, NFL Head Coach and High Heat Baseball 2002 for the PS2 and King Salmon, World Series Baseball '96, NHL 94 and 95 and also Fifa Soccer '97 all for $19.

I know a lot of people here have a distaste for sports titles, and I understand that, but I'm a sports fan first and game collecter second, and I enjoy playing the old rosters and players and in some cases teams that no longer exist. Plus, I can get a sports game for around a buck or two, and I'll play it and enjoy it so to me its well worth it.

Pretty good craigslist find.

Disney Coaster

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Baldur's Gate w/ soundtrack disc

Dark Earth

Fallout 1&2

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Duke Nukem Manhattan

Serious Sam 2

Quake II

Quake II / The Reckoning

Total Annilation: Kingdoms

Myth II: Chimera

Myth II: Soulblighter

Myth: The Fallen Lords

Phantasmagagoria

Last Express

I paid $20 for the lot. And most of the games don't look like they were even touched. The seller told me that he just kept buying games and never had a chance to play 90% of them. He finally decided to get rid of them.

Pretty good craigslist find.

Disney Coaster

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Baldur's Gate w/ soundtrack disc

Dark Earth

Fallout 1&2

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Duke Nukem Manhattan

Serious Sam 2

Quake II

Quake II / The Reckoning

Total Annilation: Kingdoms

Myth II: Chimera

Myth II: Soulblighter

Myth: The Fallen Lords

Phantasmagagoria

Last Express

I paid $20 for the lot. And most of the games don't look like they were even touched. The seller told me that he just kept buying games and never had a chance to play 90% of them. He finally decided to get rid of them.

thats an awesome deal for those pc games.i always wanted to play phantasmagagoria

thats an awesome deal for those pc games.i always wanted to play phantasmagagoria

Thanks. I've been looking hard for older PC games lately since I set up aWin 9X/ DOS gaming system. Great deals for non-edutainment PC games are few and far between. But they're around. The best thing is that most of the games are in original boxes with their booklets. :D

People have been talking about scoring boxed games lately, so I guess that it was inevitable that I'd catch the fever... really good haul today:

- 2600 boxed - $1.50 ea.

Indy 500

Combat

Space Invaders

Breakout

Star Raiders

Sears Night Driver

-Intellivision - $1.50 box + overlay

Tron Maze-a-tron

Vegas Poker Blackjack

Zaxxon boxed datasette for Atari 400 - .40

Split Second - LED game boxed + foam - $2

Sonic Mega Collection for Game Cube - free (unknown to me was in something else I bought)

TG16 system, control, TurboTap + China Warrior game - $8 (only the third TG16 I've found in 15 years, and I've only ever found a half-dozen games)

Genesis 1 + controls - $4 (picked up for a friend)

Sony PSone - $3

Spin Jam, Mayhem, Gunfighter, Burstrick - $4

Picked up a Grey NES Zapper gun and the following NES games today at the "mom and pop" gameshop......

Milon's Secret Castle

Operation Wolf

Rainbow Islands

All loose but in good shape and i was really excited finding Rainbow Islands i havnt seen that game around in years and i only paid $7 for everything which i think was pretty good. :)

Edited by jboypacman

Picked up a Grey NES Zapper gun and the following NES games today at the "mom and pop" gameshop......

Milon's Secret Castle

Operation Wolf

Ranibow Islands

All loose but in good shape and i was really excited finding Rainbow Islands i havnt seen that game around in years and i only paid $7 for everything which i think was pretty good. :)

awesome find on the rainbow islands!!i have a famicom cart of it.really fun game for the nes/famicom.i heard the arcade version is better though

Intellivision carts with overlays are great and all, but I wish that it were Vectrex with overlays. ;) Heck - just overlays would be fine! I doubt I'll ever see one of those systems at the thrift!

I tested out the Playstation and it works great. I don't know if I've ever picked up a bad PS. I do have a couple bad Dreamcasts that I've found over the years... I guess they must be a bit more fragile. A shame too - I love that system! Damned moving parts. ;)

found today at several goodwill stores:

n64 system with av cord,power adapter,2 controllers,expansion pak:$10

parker bros pocket simon handheld(complete with box and instructions,dated 1980 on back of game,box is dated 1985 )$1.50

power play plug and play cart,60 pins,works in famicom system,76000 in one(actually has about 40 games that repeat,smb,contra,macross,muscle,devil world,donkey kong,etc)$0.75

tyco power plug for genny$1

tennis for gameboy(complete and mint)looks like it was never played $1

nes/snes 1st party rf switch $1

time gal for sega cd(loose in jewel case)$2

wolfchild for sega cd(game disc in barry white cd case,booklet was found in the 25 cent toy bin,i looked around for the original case,but no dice)$2

bag full of battle beast,smurfs, and other little misc figures $3

more tinkertoys for me and the kids(metal canister dated 1975)$2

howard stern miss america hardback book $1

man mark thats great time gal is worth alot right?
i dont think a loose time gal goes for to much?maybe $10?im not sure bro.i might need to check on that.if it is selling for a decent amount,i would part with it as i dont really think im gonna play that one to much.those dragon lair style of games for sega cd,i perfer road avenger!!

EDIT:just checked around.looks like time gal for sega cd loose sells for $20-$30 thats kinda crazy.thanks for the heads up bro.im gonna trade/sell it!!

Edited by wccw mark

My best thrift store find EVAH!! Monday on my way up the road after work. As I was passing the thrift shop, I had a feeling I should go in there.

So I did.

I looked through stuff - because this thrift shop is extremely messy.

But I found http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Id_Anthology

And bought it for a buck.It only has the book, discs, poster, A dog tag and comic.

The poster and comic are in poor condition. But that is not why I love my thrift store find.

The discs have COMMANDER KEEN>!!!!

and of course Wolfenstein and the others..BUT COMMANDER KEEN!!

ALL FOR A BUCK!!!!

I have alredy given the poster,dog tag and comic to that kid I had mentioned before. I have no use for them. And I know that I could sell them blah blah..but I know that they will get used and someone will enjoy them rather than sitting on a shelf.

Dang Mark you been finding some killer stuff lately i need to go thrifting with you brother! WWe can leave our wives behind and load up on some great goodies. :lol:
hell yeah,sounds like a plan.my wife actually wont go thrifting with me anymore as she says i take to long.but if ya dont take your time and search,you wont find anything good.also,about 5 years ago we were in a goodwill and as i turn the corner to the electronics area i see a huge pile of boxed sms games,she claims i yelled"OOOH,GAMES"and proceded to drag here down the asile to where the games were at(we were holding hands and i didnt let go,just bum rushed to the games)i dont remember it that way,but she always tells that story when talking about goodwill/looking for games

Yeah Mark Mrs.Jboy is the same way she just doesnt do the whole thrifting thing.

Am still thinking about heading down your way for a day to go thrift and hit McVan's so i will let you know if this can happen and we can meet up. :)

Edited by jboypacman