IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I rarely ever curse on here but OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!

I went to a decent looking garage sale today. Nothing but old computers until I stumbled across THIS!

post-22364-1249140115_thumb.jpg

I also met the guy who owned it. His name is....well lets just call him Joe M. He asked me if I knew what it was of course and I told him a dev PS1. He then sold it to me over the wigger little kid who wanted it because he thought it was spray painted. Best garage sale ever!!!!

Wow Stitch, that's a great find. Did you get any story about why the guy had it?

Chris

He was a developer for Acclaim back in the early to mid 90's. The rest really explains itself. He also has a dev SNES and N64 w/DD. He was telling me that he was going crazy over development of Bart's Nightmare. He said "the mentality of the CEOs was if they could sell a block of wood in a box they would". Quantity over quality. It's good to hear that it wasn't always the developer's fault when a game was shit.

Wow, great find Stitch. That oughta be a great conversation piece.

I had a pretty good day at the flea markets:

Saturn w/ 2 controllers, DOOM, and memory backup cart: $10

Darius Twin (SNES) and Oink! for $5

Robo Aleste (Sega CD) $10

Intellivision II missing power supply $5

It will also save me a lot of time and money if I want to import. Also you has some pretty good finds as well.

Edited by STICH666

It will also save me a lot of time and money if I want to import. Also you has some pretty good finds as well.

Thanks, I'm pretty psyched to play some Robo Aleste. I didn't even think about import games, that's a huge plus.

Thanks, I'm pretty psyched to play some Robo Aleste. I didn't even think about import games, that's a huge plus.

Oh yeah. Any region in the world. Even plays burnt games so if that guy ever sells his PS1 development stash, I'll be right on that.

Nice find on the PS1 dev unit Stitch.

Some stuff I found today for $7 total:

Vic-20 system w/ box, manual, styrofoam, but no power supply or hookups

Atari Super Pong system, no power supply

Timex Sinclair ZX81, just the unit, no hookups

I hate it that most systems I come across have no hookups, they should at least have the power supplies to them :(

I also saw a Game Wave at Goodwill. It was only the system (didn't have the other half with it that holds the remotes) with the wrong remote taped to it and they wanted 15 for it, so I passed.

Great deal again Stitch you seemed to find some pretty great stuff in the wild my friend. :)

As for a trade for that PS2 am sorry to say out of trade stuff at the moment. :(

Thanks. It's been excellent for garage sales this year. Look at this CIB microswitch 2600 joystick I got for $5.

post-22364-1249175956_thumb.jpg

Yes that's real leather on the handle.

Edited by STICH666

Great deal again Stitch you seemed to find some pretty great stuff in the wild my friend. :)

As for a trade for that PS2 am sorry to say out of trade stuff at the moment. :(

Thanks. It's been excellent got garage sales this year. Look at this CIB microswitch 2600 joystick I got for $5.

Stich, you seem to be one lucky bastard lately :P

Where I live, it is a hell hole when it comes to classic gaming. So consider yourself a double lucky bastard.

Edited by brandondwright

Thanks. It's been excellent got garage sales this year. Look at this CIB microswitch 2600 joystick I got for $5.

Stich, you seem to be one lucky bastard lately :P

Where I live, it is a hell hole when it comes to classic gaming. So consider yourself a double lucky bastard.

:D It will get better for you. Last year was completely dry except for the Gemini I found.

Edited by STICH666

Picked up the following at GW today:

Ace Combat 3 (complete) - $3

Demolition Racer (complete) -$3

Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness: Official Bootleg Edition - $3

Not exactly the greatest finds, but I've really been wanting to watch Army of Darkness, so I was pretty stoked to find that.

I had an interesting week for finds...

Stopped at an estate sale, and got a stand alone Coleco Adam with printer, and keyboard with controllers, 2 games (Buck Rogers and DK Jr) plus 4 applications and 3 blanks for $2.50. I haven't decided if I'm gonna sell. Depends on if I get it to work probably. :)

Also got an Xbox RF for 50 cents, PS2 Beat Pad for $1.99, and a Galaxian 2 handheld from 1981. I never find these, and was floored!

On a side note I picked up DVD sets of Birds of Prey and V : The Series for $4.99ea, and Happy Days season 1 for $5.99 that's sealed.

Man our area is so dry for vintage/classic gaming stuff its just crazy and when things do turn up either i don't have the cash or the other collectors in the area i know have already grabbed it all up.

I get jealous when i see some of the awesome finds you guys get but still its cool to read about them. :)

Yeah, I've had nightmares of the old lady laughing as she pays her $2.49 each for Neo Geo AES carts as I watch.

AX

I had a dream somebody was throwing out a NeoGeo AES with a bunch of games. So I took them but of course when I woke up, I had nothing in my hand... :? :( :sad:

Edited by STICH666

Yeah, I've had nightmares of the old lady laughing as she pays her $2.49 each for Neo Geo AES carts as I watch.

AX

I had a dream somebody was throwing out a NeoGeo AES with a bunch of games. So I took them but of course when I woke up, I had nothing in my hand... :? :( :sad:

I hate it when that happens -- I always dream I'm going to sleep with them, and on many occasions I've looked around my bed to find the games...

Pitfall II - $1

Check out this box of free goodies someone dropped off to me:

old PS1, Genesis, SNES, SNES jr. consoles (will need some deskanking)

Resident Evil 3

Oddworld

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil Director's Cut

Tomb Raider

Tomb Radier III

SNES - Donkey Kong Country

some Speedy Gonzalez game

Tony Hawk's Underground - tipbook

Pitfall II - $1

Resident Evil 3

Oddworld

Metal Gear Solid

Tomb Raider

Tomb Radier III

How did you score all of that stuff?

Chris

Pitfall II - $1

Resident Evil 3

Oddworld

Metal Gear Solid

Tomb Raider

Tomb Radier III

How did you score all of that stuff?

Chris

My girlfriend's brother is moving, and is trying to keep things light. These are all systems that were dumped at his house over the years by his ne'er do well friends, and nobody plays 'em anymore. So I'm going to give them a scrub and do some trades. SNES consoles still seem to get around $35 somehow... sometimes more for the junior console. Would be great as I can use the scratch...