IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I got nailed by Sumguy before the weekend. There was an ad on Craigs list for an Atari 8 bit lot that included two Atari XE systems, games, floppy drives, and other stuff. Of course Sumguy emailed before I did, went to the sellers house, and bought it all. I was hoping to get one XE system, but now I am glad someone beat me out.

Now my thrift finds span over the last 4-5 months...

1. One almost CIB Commodore 128 system with a few older cart C64 games. Originally, I was going to keep this so I could review some games for a site I will be working on, but I have decided to stick with console reviews. By "almost complete" I mean the CPM floppy is missing. If you are in the Pittsburgh area and want it, PM me. I'm not shipping this, and it will be posted in the market place by the end of the holiday weekend.

2. CIB Odyssey 2 system. This one I am keeping,

3. N64 system with 4 meg ram extension and a few games (Pokeman Stadium, SW Rogue Squadron, StarFox 64, Zelda OOT, Super Mario 64). On the fence about keeping this. If I am going to do a review site, I should probably cover some N64 games. I'll decide tomorrow.

4. One two port 5200. Keeping, but may free up a four port.

5. Flea Market: heavy sixer with joysticks, paddle controllers, few games (too lazy to look up). Keeping this, but that frees up a 6 switch Sears unit.

6. Flea Market: NES system with hookups. In pretty good condition. No yellowing. Keeping it.

7. Sega Genesis with hookups and two controllers. Keeping it.

8. Miscellaneous PC games: Elders Scrolls 3, C&C, the first decade, SimCity 3000. a few others. Some of these will show up on the market place.

9. About 20-30 2600 games from various thrifts, game stores, flea marts. Have no idea which titles now.

That's my thrift finds update. Too much time has passed for how much I paid for all of this to give an exact figure... probably around $80 give or take $10.00. Some items, along with others will probably appear on the market place. No PM's yet please unless you are local and want the C128.

I should add while the total cost wasn't too bad, the gas and aggravation is another matter. I think I have the flea market, thrift bug out of my system, and I'm tired of the chase.

Edited by cybercylon

Neo Geo CD toploader, complete

Two Neo Geo CD control pads

Samurai Shodown II complete, minus spine card

Fatal Fury 3 complete, minus spine card

For just under 100 dollars including shipping (the games and the console itself came from separate sources, but that's what it ended up being).

So this weekend someone unloaded a massive collection to a thrift shop. Among the 40 or so boxed NES and SNES games, these were my choices for $25.

post-22364-127536145045_thumb.jpg

Later on the way back home I stopped at a garage sale and after talking to a guy about old games he showed me the most ****ed up NES I have ever seen, 2 NES Max controllers, a Zapper and 10 games and he said $5 for all of it. I got the NES working and almost 90% complete except the missing door. Here's a before and after.

post-22364-127536168693_thumb.jpg

post-22364-127536171357_thumb.jpg

and after (didn't bother with the bottom yet)

post-22364-127536189602_thumb.jpg

Did the flea market this sunday.

Daydreamin' davey NES, gargoyle's quest GB, fatal fury GEN, fatal labyrinth GEN - 3 ea

Speedway 2 2600, Berzerk 5200 - 2 ea

ASCIIWare SNES arcade stick - 10

bunch of packs of Kamigawa M:TG cards for a buck a pack

some d&d PVC figures I was happy to find

My friend nabbed an NES dog bone before me! Booo. Looks like a dog had taken the name a little too literally though, so no huge loss.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I did some shopping this weekend at a local used game\video store. The manager is an awesome guy and gave me a 50% break on a bunch of 2600\7800 games, mostly fillers.

Saturday I found a couple of SNES goodies at the Flea, Super Mario World, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man 2, and Stunt Racer FX all for $1 each.

Also picked up Eye Toy for the PS2, $10 complete in the box.

Not great finds, but still fun!

Edited by Shephda

I hit a couple of pawn shops in Omaha this Memorial day weekend.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - GCN - $5

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - GCN - $5

Aladdin - Genesis - $1

The Lion Kind - Genesis - $1

Doom - 32x - $2

Othello - 2600 - $1

Human Cannonball - 2600 - $1

Video Olympics - 2600 - $1

Skiing - 2600 - $1

Seaquest - 2600 - $1

Ice Hockey - 2600 - $1

Banjo Tooie - N64 - $4

I suppose that it wasn't that bad of a weekend, definitely better than others. At least I was able to fill some holes in the 2600 collection.

post-23072-127542246127_thumb.jpg

Hit a CraigsList find today. $20 netted me:

PSOne with an LCD screen, 2 PSOne controllers(didn't know they made specifically branded controllers for this system), AC power supply AND DC power supply. Came with 11 games -

Rampage World Tour (CIB)

NASCAR Thunder 2003 (CIB)

Test Drive Offroad (CIB)

Test Drive 6 (disc)

Jeopardy! 2 (disc)

Ace Combat 3 (disc)

Madden 99 (disc)

Formula 1 98 (disc)

Rugrats Search for Reptar (disc)

Battle Arena Toshinden (disc)

Everything works flawlessly. Only thing it is missing is a memory card but I have a few floating around.

Also came with an AV cable but I'll probably never use it! :)

Edit: Sorry about the pics. My camera is dead so my iPhone had to step in!

post-21025-127561449653_thumb.jpg

post-21025-127561450408_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClassicGMR

PSOne with an LCD screen, 2 PSOne controllers(didn't know they made specifically branded controllers for this system), AC power supply AND DC power supply. Came with 11 games -

Rampage World Tour (CIB)

Test Drive Offroad (CIB)

Test Drive 6 (disc)

Jeopardy! 2 (disc)

Ace Combat 3 (disc)

Madden 99 (disc)

Formula 1 98 (disc)

Everything works flawlessly. Only thing it is missing is a memory card but I have a few floating around.

Also came with an AV cable but I'll probably never use it! icon_smile.gif

Nice, you won't find a better mini-lcd screen anywhere. You can use an older Ipod av cable to connect to that and hook up ANY av source. I once used mine to demo a Gamecube to someone! icon_smile.gif

So this weekend someone unloaded a massive collection to a thrift shop. Among the 40 or so boxed NES and SNES games, these were my choices for $25.

Later on the way back home I stopped at a garage sale and after talking to a guy about old games he showed me the most ****ed up NES I have ever seen, 2 NES Max controllers, a Zapper and 10 games and he said $5 for all of it. I got the NES working and almost 90% complete except the missing door. Here's a before and after.

Does the NES work completely without blinking? Congrats.

Everyone out there who has gotten a pristine NES only to have it blink.... raise your hand

Cybercylon raises his hand, once... twice...

Edited by cybercylon

Rampage World Tour (CIB)

Test Drive Offroad (CIB)

Test Drive 6 (disc)

Jeopardy! 2 (disc)

Ace Combat 3 (disc)

Madden 99 (disc)

Formula 1 98 (disc)

Also came with an AV cable but I'll probably never use it! :)

Great find!

I felt lucky to get mine last year for $25 without games.

I use it in the camper along with a YOBO NES\SNES.

Nice, you won't find a better mini-lcd screen anywhere. You can use an older Ipod av cable to connect to that and hook up ANY av source. I once used mine to demo a Gamecube to someone! icon_smile.gif

Great find!

I felt lucky to get mine last year for $25 without games.

I use it in the camper along with a YOBO NES\SNES.

Good to know! :D

Another long Saturday hitting at least 30 sales.

Except for a nice little haul of 18 PS1 games for about $.50 each my big hit didn't happen until we were about to call it quits.

Complete and non-yellow SNES system (AV, power, 2 controllers) with 28 games, 7 of them CIB for $50

A few doubles but not the kind I mind!

Championship Pool

Clay Fighters (CIB)

****Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddys Quest X2****

Final Fight

F-ZeroKiller Instinct X2

Madden 94

Madden 97

****Mario Is Missing (CIB)****

MVP Baseball

NBA Hangtime

NBA Live (CIB)

NCAA Basketball (CIB)

Pilot Wings

SimCity (CIB)

Street Fighter II (CIB)

Super Empire Strikes Back

Super Empire Strikes Back (CIB)

Super Mario All Stars

****Super Mario Kart X3****

Super Mario World X2

Super Return of the Jedi (CIB)

Clayfighter (CIB)

Total Carnage

I also picked up a Virtual Boy from a Craigslist ad for $20, physically in good condition, I'm assuming it doesn't work though!

post-12780-127578599377_thumb.jpg

post-12780-127578600319_thumb.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert

I hit quite a few sales today and didn't find much in the game department but a couple things. If going by potential profit to be made, I think the size 15 DC shoes will do me well although pretty good deal on the envelopes to package things up. I also stopped in to the local used music/game store and found a few pretty good deals there except I screwed up and paid too much for one because for some reason I thought it was good but I was wrong.

post-4103-12758012382_thumb.jpg post-4103-127580124853_thumb.jpg post-4103-127580131086_thumb.jpg

post-4103-127580126038_thumb.jpg post-4103-127580133247_thumb.jpg

USED STORE

$7.97 - CD Metallica Garage Days Re-Revisited, Out-Of-Print version although all songs available on their two disc Garage set

$4.99 - N64 Diddy Kong Racing

$4.99 - N64 Namco Museum 64

$4.99 - N64 Aerofighters Assault (no booklet and the cart label has a rip, I should have asked to see the inside first, this is the one I spent too much and would have passed if I would have asked to open it, oh well)

$1.99 - NES Clu Clu Land

$1.99 - NES Donkey Kong Classics

$1.99 - NES Pac-Man (Licensed Tengen Version)

$1.99 - NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

$1.99 - DREAMCAST Rayman 2: The Great Escape

$1.99 - PC CD-ROM's The Ultimate Doom Trilogy Collector's Edition (This one is pretty good on ebay I think)

$6.00 - GUIDE Final Fantasy Tactics

SALES

$15.00 - 6 Nintendo DS Games with Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 being the highlight, Animated Transformers is cool too!

$9.00 - DVD's Nine Random DVD's with Animation, Anime and a couple movies

$3.00 - DVD Ken Burns The War on PBS (6-Disc Set) This was a really good deal IMO!

$5.00 - :-o SIZE 15 DC Shoes, Never Worn with tag but has some marks on sole from storage without a box.

$5.00 - Manilla Envelopes to ship stuff (250 9x12 and 100 6x9) Big Savings!

$2.00 - Official Sony PS2 controller (it's no good though, left on the D pad doesn't work and I don't know what else, don't really have a use for this as I don't fix or need parts)

.25 - BOOK Win at Nintendo Games #2

***Let me know if you are interested in anything, I'm always interested 2600 or 7800 carts for trade! I am keeping some things but doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Had a couple nice finds at the Flea Market today:

NES, system only - $3

Lot of 2600 stuff - $36

Heavy Sixer

Set of Joysticks

Paddles

Gray AC adapter

Surround (boxed)

Basketball (boxed)

Space Invaders (boxed) x2

Superman (boxed)

Breakout (boxed)

Combat (gatefold)

Miniature Golf (box only)

Street Racer (gatefold)

Warloards

Dig Dug

Chopper Command

Pac Man

Missile Command

Asteroids

Defender

Jungle Hunt

Starmaster

Centipede

Froger

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

post-12776-127585089521_thumb.jpg

All the 2600 stuff seems to work fine, but I could not get the NES to boot. I will have to check that out later.

Here's a breakdown of my garage sale finds from this weekend.

Friday:

Garage Sale #1:

3 Nintendo Gamecube games for $3 each.

Lego Star Wars II The Original Trilogy (CIB)

Luigi's Mansion (CIB)

Mario Party 7 (CIB with microphone)

Garage Sale #2:

N64 Gameshark in box with instructions - $1

N64 Cartridge Storage Drawer - $1 (holds 12 games)

Player's Edge N64 Cleaning Kit - Free

Saturday:

Church Garage Sale:

Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy - Prima Stategy Guide - 10 cents. I don't have the game of a Playstation 2 but couldn't pass up this deal.

6 TI-99/4A computer cartridges with instructions manuals - 50 cents total. I don't have a TI-99/4A computer but I couldn't let these cartridges end up in the trash.

Alligator Mix

Minus Mission

Addition & Subtraction 1

Beginning Grammar

Early Learning Fun

Number Magic

Not a bad haul for $11.60.

Since Friday, here's what I've picked up:

Snes Jr/Mini/2 with all hookups and one genuine controller (yes its real, not a clone) - $27 from a local retrogaming store

CIB Genesis - RocketKnight Adventures & Coolspot - $5.99 for both

Atari 2600 - Rampage and Eggomania - $2.99 each

PS1 - Missile Command & Colony Wars - $2 each

NES - Top Gun - $3

Snes - Smartball $3, Tazmania $4, Qbert 3 $4

post-2493-127592425339_thumb.jpg

Does the NES work completely without blinking? Congrats.

Everyone out there who has gotten a pristine NES only to have it blink.... raise your hand

Cybercylon raises his hand, once... twice...

Works 100% perfect.