IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Picked up a complete Turbografx, Ninja Spirit and Splatterhouse when at a customer's house on a delivery. I saw a dust covered TG16 hooked up on an old TV in the corner and asked if he still plays it. He said no so I offered him $50 and he instantly accepted.

Good price, that Splatterhouse makes that a steal. :)

yesterday at the thrift shop I picked up a gameboy pocket for $4.95 and a boxed ecco tides of time for $2.50.

I passed on a lot of stuff there though. They've been regularly putting out a lot of really inexpensive video game stuff, but it's mostly systems/games that I just don't need any more of.

I also picked up a pretty damn good camera there for $2.50. The olympus stylus infinity. It's one of the faster cameras in that line (I don't care for the slow models with zoom lenses). I already have one, but it's worth having a backup. Why don't they make good, simple cameras anymore? I can't wait to blow through a test roll.

Edited by Reaperman

Very rarely do I find anything that's not a sports title at my local Salvation Army.

I was VERY surprised to find this PS1/PS2 joystick for only $4.99. Sadly it doesn't work with my SmartJoy USB adapter(but that's why I have a Street Fighter Anniversary stick). It DOES work great on my PSOne though. I'm happy with it. :)

post-21025-128294989215_thumb.jpg

Went to my usual thrift on the way to the cheap grocery store today. They never have any game related stuff.. today they did!

Wavebird Wireless Controller for Gamecube.. BRAND NEW for $4.99! I don't have a cube anymore, but I know my friend needs a second controller.

Nintendo $14.99 all dirty. I didn't buy it. Playstation $14.99 -- the model with the port in the back so you can get the plug in mod to copy games. I didn't buy.

They have an Xbox for $39.99. I'm gonna call and see if they'll take a deal on it.. for $20 or $25 I might want it.

I was VERY surprised to find this PS1/PS2 joystick for only $4.99. Sadly it doesn't work with my SmartJoy USB adapter(but that's why I have a Street Fighter Anniversary stick). It DOES work great on my PSOne though. I'm happy with it. :)

I've got two of those. They even have a nice compartment to store the cable.

So I scored a bag full of stuff from Goodwill:

PS1

Critical Depth

Mega Man 8

Clock Tower II The Struggle Within

Dreamcast

Dynamite Cop!

Sega Genesis

Pig Skin Footbrawl

Test Drive II - The Duel

Faery Tale

Wardner

Heavy Nova

NES

Amagon

Bayou Billy

Werewolf the Last Warrior

N64

Super Mario World 64

SNES

Final Fantasy 2 & 3

Computer Games

Creatures

Windows Pinball

Screamer 2 Sheer Speed Road Racing

15 Games total = $7.50 ----- All video games in the cabinet were only $0.50. Needless to say, I took it all. I really was giddy when I saw the FF games.

Also snagged these two items

Portable PS2 Monitor (not a Sony product, made by InterAct) $2.00

Pistol Controller with Atari/Sega plug end...No makers mark or copyright to identify it $0.75

A few garage sales, found the following:

2 PS2 DDR pads for $1 ea

PS2 Medal of Honor - Rising Sun - .25

PS2 - Pac-Man World 2 - .25

and just in case any thieves are thinking of breaking in and stealing my video games;

A box of ammo for the .30-.30 - $3

Any crazy bastards out there collect Smurf stuff? An old lady at a garage sale was selling the most ridiculous Smurf collection you could imagine - hundreds of items for $200. Honestly, half a pickup load of stuff. Morgan

I bought a few things at my local record store today since I had some trade credit. The prices weren't that great but I like to add games to the collection so it's all good.

post-4103-128303905214_thumb.jpg

$8.99 - Dreamcast: Phantasy Star Online

$3.99 - PS1 Gallop Racer

$3.99 - SNES Run Saber

$4.99 - GB Double Dragon 3

I bought a few things at my local record store today since I had some trade credit. The prices weren't that great but I like to add games to the collection so it's all good.

post-4103-128303905214_thumb.jpg

$8.99 - Dreamcast: Phantasy Star Online

$3.99 - PS1 Gallop Racer

$3.99 - SNES Run Saber

$4.99 - GB Double Dragon 3

Let me know what you think of Gallop, I just got that myself but had to throw it in storage a few months ago. Never tried it.

AX

Ok, I had a pretty amazing day today, but first I'll cover last weeks find. Not really a thrift find, but something I bought off of a buddy of mine.

A TurboGrafx16 set with the following: TurboBooster AV add on, Turbotap, 4 controllers and 14 games (see pic.) We were going to do some trading, but in the end I just paid him $100 cash for the lot. I'd wanted to get into the TG16 for a while, but I only had my CIB TG16 with the pack in games, so I'd just left it in the box for the past two years.

Alright, for today, my first really good Saturday in weeks, if not months. Hit a sale an 8am sale that was advertising "vintage games" at 7:50 this morning. For $100, I got the following:

Atari Lynx with case, battery pack, sun shield and 18 games (which practically doubles my Lynx collection, out of 18 only 3 were dupes for me)

NES system, ps, various controllers, and Castlevania game

Model 1 "High Def Graphics" Genesis, with multiple controllers, Lethal Enforcer Gun+game, Mega Drive Elemental Masters

CIB Master Gear Converter (to play SMS game carts on Gamegear)

CIB Super Wide GearCIB Uforce "controller" for the NES

SMS Moonwalker loose (which seems to be somewhat rare?)

5 Different Nintendo Game & Watch handhelds, including Donky Kong, Pinball and Zelda! A couple are missing the little battery covers though, but the DK3 Vs and the Zelda are complete.

Also picked up a few odds and ends througout the day.

PS1 Fear Effect complete $.75

GB Super Mario Land $.25

GB Tetris $.25

GB Double Dragon II $.25

GBA Yoshis Island $2.00

Magnavox CD-i System, clean and complete, tested and works $5.00

NES Satellite wireless thing - $5.00

icon_mrgreen.gif

post-12780-128304252509_thumb.jpg

post-12780-12830425546_thumb.jpg

post-12780-128304257381_thumb.jpg

post-12780-128304258664_thumb.jpg

post-12780-128304260325_thumb.jpg

post-12780-128304261677_thumb.jpg

Hit a local flea today, hit on an Xbox console (no cords) with an Intec monitor attached for $15! The monitor works great and the Xbox even had a game in it. (nothing special)

Sold the console to a local game store owner for 5$. It pays to throw them a deal or two from time to time! :grin:

Hit the flea market for the first time in awhile today and came out pretty well for $40 total. The first $20 I dropped because it was one of those places that just had a tarp spread out on concrete and a bunch of Genesis stuff just ALL over the place. I asked about the games and she said 2 bucks apiece and I gave her my "you have got to be kidding look" and then saw the console with a 32X and a more games a row over, pointed that out and just offered a nice even $20 for everything that I could get my hands on in the pile (including some random cables that had no relevance). She took it. Everything works, so I will get my money back BUT the cable for the 32X is miss-ing. Always with those things.

post-6271-12831135321_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Wife freaked out, all Sega stuff on eBay starting at 19.99 for the CD and console, with most of the games.... 99 cents for the 32X. See sig for eBay links, also taking offers... when I get stuff cheap I am apt to pass deals along...

Did a lot of walking and then saw these two nifty cases sitting side-by-side. Guy wanted $15 for the Lynx and $10 for the Game Gear. Had another $20 ready to go and he accepted that for both.

post-6271-12831136226_thumb.jpg

Honestly I just wanted the carrying cases the most. Shipping is killer on these things. The Game Gear one is the soft on outside, hard on inside one. My buddy had one a long time ago and I really liked it, been looking for one for a long time. This item came with a PowerBack and power adapter and a few games, nothing of note really. Unfortunately it has the usual capacitor problems, so now I have 3 of these in-house that I need to work on at some point...

And this will sound silly, but I have never HAD a Lynx before. System, power supply, and car adapter included in this buy with the sweet case, but again, no dice on the system. Screen powers up, but shows nothing. Sigh.

post-6271-128311362386_thumb.jpg

I did have lots of fun on a nice sunny day and I don't think I made out too bad at all. Just need to get my screwdriver game bits and soldering iron out and see what we can do.

Alright, for today, my first really good Saturday in weeks, if not months. Hit a sale an 8am sale that was advertising "vintage games" at 7:50 this morning. For $100, I got the following:

Atari Lynx with case, battery pack, sun shield and 18 games (which practically doubles my Lynx collection, out of 18 only 3 were dupes for me)

NES system, ps, various controllers, and Castlevania game

Model 1 "High Def Graphics" Genesis, with multiple controllers, Lethal Enforcer Gun+game, Mega Drive Elemental Masters

CIB Master Gear Converter (to play SMS game carts on Gamegear)

CIB Super Wide GearCIB Uforce "controller" for the NES

SMS Moonwalker loose (which seems to be somewhat rare?)

5 Different Nintendo Game & Watch handhelds, including Donky Kong, Pinball and Zelda! A couple are missing the little battery covers though, but the DK3 Vs and the Zelda are complete.

Oh good lord, you're KILLING me with this. Just the Game & Watches would have been worth a hundred dollars easily. Hell, you could probably flip them for double that price, were you crazy enough to part with them!

Got an Atari 400 and a box of wires/controllers from an auction last night...Nice little steal for $2.50, nobody else bid and that was the starting price. (I will try to untangle the mess and post some pics later).

The only other thing video game realted was an Street Fighter Alpha arcade machine that I have no room for, it sold for $75...but had no screen, and the body was cracked badly on one side.

I went to a relatively new game store today, and walked away with all this:

Super Breakout (5200) $1

Missile Command (5200) $2

Centipede (5200) $1

Double Dragon (SMS) $2

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 (N64) $3

Klax (GBC) $4

$13 total. :D