IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Not a thrift find but a purchase from a CGCC.ca member. Its a coco game that I didn't know existed in cart form until recently. Its kind of like Core Wars.

never seen that one; what model does it run on?

Should work on any coco 1,2 or 3 with at least 16k. Here's some more info, its not a "graphical" extravaganza :D

http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/colorrobotbattle.html

I hit my local record/game shop today and found a few things, nothing too exciting but the prices were good. I'm most excited for Tunnel Runner, I don't have that one and the label is nice! :thumbsup:

.99 CHOPLIFTER (7800)

.99 TUNNEL RUNNER (2600)

.99 TOP GEAR RALLY (N64)

2.99 SUPER PUNCH-OUT!! (SNES)

post-4103-0-60453100-1319681196_thumb.jpg

Hit up the swap meet today and came home with three Saturn games(Bug, Hang-On GP, Tunnel B1), two 2600 games(Barnstorming, Star Voyager), and a ton of books. Paid $14 for all the games and the books were all free. :D When I saw the sign that said free books I dug in and pulled out every single one and pulled out all the old scifi books and everything else that looked interesting.

post-28757-0-60253800-1319838646_thumb.jpg

I haven't been posting, partly because I haven't had anything that's been cool enough to post about lately.

Today, I found TWO Majesco Game Gear units. $6.50 each. Both of them work, although one has a jammed contrast knob, and my gamebit driver has basically failed.

One of them's already slated for a trade to get me a Sega 32X, which will complete my ability to play Sega games as first party. :D

post-8107-0-60573400-1319860558_thumb.jpg

Edited by jferio

YEEEEAAAHHH BUDDY!

Picked this up for $25 at a thrift store (haven't cleaned it yet, I know). Not pictured is another controller and the hookups.

Very nice! Those are sweet, I just wished they worked properly with the 32x. No 32x for me is a no sale. Still, I would grab that for $25 and flip it faster than a pancake!

Picked up a Fat Blue DS at a yard sale today.It came with 2 GBA games (Some BMX crap and a Pac-Man), PS, and car charger. $20. My son had lost his so it's making a nice cheap replacement. They also had a Pink DS Lite for $30 with a broken hinge but I passed on it.

B

This was gifted to me by a fellow collector in my city who knew I liked Tandy Coco stuff so picked this up for me. Not coco related but a really cool little portable computer nonetheless. Works great. :)

I used to drool over that computer in the display case at Radio Shack. Not sure what I would have done with it, but it was cool nonetheless.

Chris

This was gifted to me by a fellow collector in my city who knew I liked Tandy Coco stuff so picked this up for me. Not coco related but a really cool little portable computer nonetheless. Works great. :)

I used to drool over that computer in the display case at Radio Shack. Not sure what I would have done with it, but it was cool nonetheless.

Chris

I used to drool over EVERYTHING at Radioshack. I wonder why I didn't have a girlfriend? Hmmmmmm...... :? :-D

Chris

I used to drool over EVERYTHING at Radioshack. I wonder why I didn't have a girlfriend? Hmmmmmm...... :? :-D

Same here.

Chris

Since we are on the Tandy topic. I'm looking for a good working 1100 FD laptop. I have the original box and docs in near mint condition and would love the computer to put in there. It was the first computer I really used to get online in around 1991 (Prodigy). Since some of you guys love Tandy too (clubs?! :) ) maybe you can find me something.

AX

Not a thrift find but a flea market find. $22 for the lot. all games have manuels and 2 overlays..

I was wincing (worried that you'd overpaid) until I saw the Tron: Solar Sailer, which makes that a nice score!

Meanwhile I went to what may be the season's last yard sale this morning, and paid $7 total for Super Mario Sunshine CIB (GameCube), Blue Stinger CIB (Dreamcast), and a loose NES Lolo 1. Not a steal, but I'm glad to be able to upgrade my manual-less Super Mario Sunshine, and I'm curious about Blue Stinger since I used to have the (J) version but was never able to get it to work on my US DC. I've heard it's lousy, but I like certain kinds of lousy.

I got both of these today for $5 each at a local thrift.

One for the Atari, one for the Colecovision.

Both a little beat up, but nice to have. :)

I was remolding a house last week. The owner does antiques. I had to go into the basement to map out some plumbing and SO much stuff was down there. I just knew there was an old system down there. So I gazed around the room for a second and a "Computer Game Organizer" just like the one in your pic jumped out at me. I took a peek inside and it was holding a NES and some cords :( Oh! And a PS1 sitting next to it. "Nothing to see here. Move a long."

B

Wow. Awesome day today! Went Goodwill hunting with my girl in tow and we found some awesome deals! First up, two swing music box sets for the price of one LP each (.77) along with the Rocky Horror Picture Show OST (.77) and two books of b-movie poster art! Then at check out I spied Banjo-Kazooie/Viva Pinata for 360 for $2. I had no console to play it on but figured "What the hell?". In line, this old man asked if I played "Those xbox games."and I told him no because the damn things are too expensive. He then proceeds to tell me that he has a 2010 model xbox 360 at his house that's never had a game put in it because his son bought it for him for media streaming but he hates it. Long story short, we waited in the Goodwill parking lot while he went home, disconnected it and brought it back so we could buy it for $30! HDMI, wireless controller, 256mb internal memory and one mother-effer of a power supply. It's also so clean I could eat off of it. Not bad!

post-25671-0-01916500-1320021279_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-35550100-1320021301_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-86442800-1320021324_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-09447500-1320021348_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-19924700-1320021367_thumb.jpg

Edited by GregadetH

Wow. Awesome day today! Went Goodwill hunting with my girl in tow and we found some awesome deals! First up, two swing music box sets for the price of one LP each (.77) along with the Rocky Horror Picture Show OST (.77) and two books of b-movie poster art! Then at check out I spied banjo Kaziie/Viva Pinata for 360 for $2. I had no console to play it on but figured "What the hell?". In line, this old man asked if I played "Those xbox games."and I told him no because the damn things are too expensive. He then proceeds to tell me that he has a 2010 model xbox 360 at his house that's never had a game put in it because his son bought it for him for media streaming but he hates it. Long story short, we waited in the Goodwill parking lot while he went home, disconnected it and brought it back so we could buy it for $30! HDMI, wireless controller, 256mb internal memory and one mother-effer of a power supply. It's also so clean I could eat off of it. Not bad!

Found one of those combo discs un opened in a dumpster one time... I spotted a 360 box in there and thought what the hell and grabbed it... ripped it open sadly no 360 but there was the nice combo disc... although I already had one, I couldn't turn down a freebie