IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Fairly nice boot sale scores for me today, went to just the 1 sale but with the weather being so nice it was rammed, only half hour from my house as well, so not bad at all.

Spent about £40 and got this lot :

Mega drive (CIB plus 10 boxed games) £30 (Not cheap but i wanted 1)

7 loose SNES games plus an original control pad £2 !! 8)

Loose master system 2, pair of pads, 2 sticks and over 20 games, half boxed, £5 !! :D (Best deal of the day)

Si

post-4137-1082922483_thumb.jpg

On Sunday I saw a garage sale on my way to play softball. I stopped after my game and picked up2 Atari 2600 games-

03 Starship

Joust pal

Both for $3.00

It turns out the guy who was selling the stuff used to work on the G.I. Joe cartoons. He was the voice of Dial-tone. I thought that was pretty cool.

You will like to hear this. I havent offically recieved these items yet but at my local St. Vincent Depaul, there is a boxed intelevision and about 40 boxed games. But it is in the back and they have to test it before they can sell it, and they are oging to take it all out of the box so that they can do so. It make me so mad but i think i will be able to pick it up tomorow.

Finally a good Atari 2600 find!

At a flea market all for $1:

Gopher, loose like brand new!

Dark Cavern

Tennis, activsion

video checkers

Tele-games Asteroids

tele-games golf

tele-games target fun

Racquetball, end label upside down and falling off

AND POLARIS GREEN LABEL!

It seems today was a good day to buy ntsc stuff in a pal country.

For $10 I got a U.S Saturn with revolution x and an action replay cart.

Also a Super famicom with a multi game hunter, Is missing the Mega Drive adapter though :(, $20

A sega game gear for $10

Not a bad day at the bootsale, was going to do another couple tomorrow, but my clutch cable snapped, which put a bit of a dampener on things..... :(

CIB NES with a couple of loose games - £18 (Not super cheap, but its minty and the guy promised me a few more games for gratis there next week, we'll see...)

Loose mega drive plus leads/1 pad/ couple of loose games - £5 (Score of the day ! :) )

4 loose SNES games - £5

1 CIB Mega drive , all there but box tatty, couple loose games included - £10

Not a bad day again, but no Atari :(

Si

I was at the Goodwill salvage store yesterday. In addition to the usual bagful of assorted small toy parts (mostly legos and game pieces), I found some wierdly hacked-up Atari stuff.

There was a 400/800 trackball with an extra cable wired up to it, a toggle switch stuck on it, and a 15-ball (!) as the ball, and there were an Atari 800XL and two ST's that were all but falling apart.

The 800XL had a rocker switch on top with "800" next to one side of it. It was held together with tape, and opening it up revealed about what I expected. The guy had hacked it up to support a second ROM for stuff that wouldn't run on the 800XL. All the wires are cat5-style solid wires too, rather than wire wrap wires, which just makes the mess that much worse.

One of the two ST's was just falling apart (I guess he didn't believe in screws), but the second one had the plastic case sawed in two so he could put the keyboard on an extension cable. It was REALLY ugly.

post-4828-1083524904_thumb.jpg

post-4828-1083524905_thumb.jpg

No Atari stuff this weekend, only saw one Combat cart.

But, I did get:

SNES CIB with Donkey Kong Country 2 and Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle games (carts only) - $15

N64 games - $1 each

GT64

wcw/nwo revenge

wwf no mercy

Genesis games w/ box and inst

Fifa International Soccer- $3

NBA Jam- $2

I passed on a lot of other sports games for a lot of systems. I don't usually play old sports games, but I liked the THICK fifa manual and NBA Jam was so innovative.

I don't even have an N64, so PM me if you are interested in a trade.