Happy_Dude

Today I found

Sega Master System W/ 1 control pad $5.00

Sears Telegames Pong $8.00

N64 w/ power cord $10.00

Famicom to NES game adaptor with 8 Eyes Fam game $3.00

Super Punchout SNES $2.00

Barnstorming Atari $.50

Nes games-Low G Man, Double Dragon II, Shockwave, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Spyhunter, R.B.I Baseaball $2.00 each

Few instruction booklets .$50 each

Happydude, my apollo is pal as well. Find one on ebay  :ponder:

Theres no PAL enteries in the AA database and the lowest rarity is 3.

My sharkattack is the blue lable rarity 4 one.

Neither game is on eBay at the moment.... Do you know how to search ended auctions (because I don't)

I meant, check ebay for any appollo carts in general. We arent talking common stuff here.

Well...

I got 3 Ataris that supposingly did not work. They did not come with power supplies or joysticks. Just the system. They cost me $15 (for all three).

Now I have 2 working 4-Switch Woody 2600s...

and a semi working Heavy Sixer. The Power switch's souldering has broken away from the board. But... if you jiggle the switch it works and the game comes on. Looks like I have to break out my souldering gun again.

I also picked up a CIB Space Jockey. This is the best box I have ever found in the wild. The guy has 4 other ones. I paid $3 for mine.

Last Monday: CIB Atari 2600 Darth Vader model. (with/joysticks, Dragster cart, and everything else! :) well... it didn't have the foam that the system is packed with (or is the system even packed with foam?)

I paid $30 at a Goodwill Auction for it. The sucky part is that it stood on a Goodwill shelf with a price tag of $5 for over 3 weeks and no one bought it. It looks like I need to visit these Goodwill stores at least once a week!

Went to the local gaming store. The one I normally goto in Boise and scored a Sega Genesis Sonic 3 game loose for $3.00. Yea I know what you are going to say. So what a sonic 3 game. Well compaired to the thrift stores in the area that charge 5.99 per loose game. It was pretty good to me and it adds one more game to my genesis collection for sonic. Now I just need sonic & knuckles and sonic 3d. My wife also saw some sega cd games but money was tight.

laters,

ussexplorer

I didn't find anything today, but I saw something of note. The last time I went into one thrift store, they had a few Sega Genesis 1 consoles, one of which was boxed and looked unopened. I went back in there today, and it looks like one of the local savages ripped up the box, tore everything to hell, and swiped everything except the console. No power supplies, cables, or controllers. Man, I hate thrift stores.

If the thrift store employees don't tear everything apart to price each part. It is some kid or somebody who does that. Make me cry if I walk into the a thriftstore and don't have cash in hand. You know the payday is a few days down the road. I try to avoid going until after I have the cash in hand just in case.

Laters,

ussexplorer

One of the best finds I'v ever come across

Super Mario 64

Donky Kong 64

Jet Force Gemini

Goldeneye

Lylat Wars

Mortal Kombat 4

Zelda OoT

Zelda Majora's Mask (Gold game pak)

2 controler pak's (1 with a Turok 2 lable)

all $5 each, CIB and in great condition :D :D :D :D :D

I already had a compleate Zelda OoT but couldn't pass it up for $5.

Anyone know if the Gold Majora's Mask is common ? I'v only ever seen the Grey ones.

Went to a thrift store, walked away with the following:

Atari 2600 4 switch

29 2600 games, mostly common

1 quick shot joystick

1 spectravideo joystick

1 gemstik

3 stock Atari 2600 joystiks

2 Atari Power supplies

2 rf switchs

1 Atari 5200 4 switch console w/power supply, switch, 2 controllers

4 games, common ones

5 complete in box(a few sealed) Coleco games (Choplifter, Time pilot, Super action football, Rocky, Wargames)

59 Different Nintendo Nes games. Have not checked any for rarity.

2 nintendo nes advantage joysticks/controllers.

Oh yea and a Nintendo game holder

All for 100.00 :)

One of the best finds I'v ever come across

Super Mario 64

Donky Kong 64

Jet Force Gemini

Goldeneye

Lylat Wars

Mortal Kombat 4

Zelda OoT

Zelda Majora's Mask (Gold game pak)

2 controler pak's (1 with a Turok 2 lable)

all $5 each, CIB and in great condition :D :D :D :D :D

I already had a compleate Zelda OoT but couldn't pass it up for $5.

Anyone know if the Gold Majora's Mask is common ? I'v only ever seen the Grey ones.

Every Majora's Mask produced was gold, the collector's edition has a holographic label and the regular gold carts have a paper label.

Had some great Atari finds today(first in awhile).

2600:

Jawbreaker $4

Pengo (silver label) $4

Up n' Down $4

Yet another Sega GameGear with no sound. That makes four, plus one totally dead one. During last two purchases I was simply lied to about the condition of the decks. However, this time I got a (1st-party) rechargable battery pack that I can use to test at the swapmeet, before the purchase.

Two Atari joysticks: $3

Majora's Mask (with 3d label): $7

Beetle Adventure Racing: $7

Wico Command Control stick: $5

Stuff has been tougher and tougher to find at thrift stores here. I know of one person in particular who has the best freakin luck ever at finding cool stuff -- and thankfully, he shares. He found a beautiful and fully operational Vectrex for $5!!! And it looks really nice on bigferret's desk, next to his flat panel display :D. We didn't get it for $5, but I suppose it was decent price nonetheless since we didn't have to worry about shipping. :ponder:

Double poster,

Anyhoo, got some minty fresh 2600m commons. In fact they are so minty fresh for a buck a piece i couldnt resist. Space inv, combat, planet patrol, breakout, peles soccer and asteroids.

Got a megadrive double pack, mortal kombat 2/ shinobi

Not really a thrift find but a cheap purchase from lik-sang. An adapter to play 72 pin nes carts on a famicom, this is without doubt an excellent purchase as i prefer the famicom console and pads. Also an action replay for the saturn. this took less then a week for $13 postage. So if any pal people want a jag or PC engine i would recomend using these guys, i am making another purchase right now.

Perhaps I need to expand my range. Currently I only hit three thrift stores and one game shop. D.I. in nampa, boise and savers. I have been a little low on cash so I really don't hit anything else.

Two Atari joysticks: $3

Majora's Mask (with 3d label): $7

Beetle Adventure Racing: $7

Wico Command Control stick: $5

Stuff has been tougher and tougher to find at thrift stores here. I know of one person in particular who has the best freakin luck ever at finding cool stuff -- and thankfully, he shares. He found a beautiful and fully operational Vectrex for $5!!! And it looks really nice on bigferret's desk, next to his flat panel display :D. We didn't get it for $5, but I suppose it was decent price nonetheless since we didn't have to worry about shipping.  :ponder:

I put a want ad in the paper saying I buy old video games. One person called. I went to look at his stuff.

2 NES decks w/ cables and wires

7 games, Megaman 2, Super Mario 3, Short order Eggs plode, and some commons

NES cleaner

NES powerpad

Atari 2600 Jr. with 4 joysticks

$30.00 for all

On the phone he told me he had the NES and the games and said around $20.00 When I got there he showed me the rest and was paractically giving me the Atari because it had a ciggarette burn. I was being generous and said I'd give him 30. He was happy I was happy. :D

Okay, on Sunday, I went to a fleamarket, and got:

-An Intellivision v. 2 console w/ all hook-ups, 2 controllers

-A Intellivision v. 2 Instruction booklet

-Games:Snafu

Space Armoda

Nasl Soccer

Burgertime

Major leauge Baseball w/ Instructions + controller overlays

-Game Organizer thing

-Intellivision sound module

All for $10.00

And...

-An Oddysey v. 2 w/ hookups (Thank god)

-Phone cord ??

-Red Atari Controller

-Mystery Power cord

-11 Oddysey 2 games w/ boxes + Manuals:

UFO!

Pick Axe Pete

Crypto Logic

Smithereens

Armored Encounter (combat)/ Sub Chase

Baseball

Bowling/ Basketball

Computer Golf

Cosmic Conflict

K.C. Munchkin

K.C.'s Krazy Chase

-An origional Atari 2600 controller (hello Ebay)

-A card Board box

-And finally...2 year old Star Wars valintines

All That for $25.00

Total Cost $30.00