IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Sweet :) Scored this awesome lot for $200

The cdi system works but has some cosmetic issues and the tray sticks. I made him let me test it before I would buy. The controller has the yellow wired pulled out and all the wires are showing.

The atari systems need work. He destroyed a 5200 power supply and soldered some back aswards conenctor on it and has what appears to be a hair dryer power for the other atari. he cut both ends off the ataris rf end so he could attach the bare wires to the tv's??? Wtf man you had the conversion box??? Anyhow the systems and controllers are beat up.

The games are sweet! I'm keeping all the cdi stuff unless I decide to sell the system and by a cosmetically better looking one. The atari stuff will get dealt with some time, they both need new rf connections. I'll have to sort the games and seewhat I need for my own collection.

100_5288_zps1cc7dab8.jpg

100_5290_zps6864d38d.jpg

100_5286_zps7cd81d53.jpg

100_5287_zps934d5342.jpg

• Like 4

Sweet :) Scored this awesome lot for $200

The cdi system works but has some cosmetic issues and the tray sticks. I made him let me test it before I would buy. The controller has the yellow wired pulled out and all the wires are showing.

The atari systems need work. He destroyed a 5200 power supply and soldered some back aswards conenctor on it and has what appears to be a hair dryer power for the other atari. he cut both ends off the ataris rf end so he could attach the bare wires to the tv's??? Wtf man you had the conversion box??? Anyhow the systems and controllers are beat up.

The games are sweet! I'm keeping all the cdi stuff unless I decide to sell the system and by a cosmetically better looking one. The atari stuff will get dealt with some time, they both need new rf connections. I'll have to sort the games and seewhat I need for my own collection.

100_5288_zps1cc7dab8.jpg

100_5290_zps6864d38d.jpg

100_5286_zps7cd81d53.jpg

100_5287_zps934d5342.jpg

I would do some trading for some of the CD-i games :) let me know

Rather dry this time, but did pick these up:

CD5661DC-C380-4718-AD01-DAC91EDFA88E_zps

157713F9-4FD3-4595-997B-92B88119A2DB_zps

PS1:

Wing Commander III - CIB

GB/GBC:

Super Mario Land 2

GBA:

Pokemon Pinball

Game Gear:

Beavis and Butt-Head

Mortal Kombat

Sonic the Hedgehog

Taz-Mania In Escape From Mars

Sega Genesis Game Genie Programming Guide

Sega Genesis Game Genie Code Update booklets, volumes 1: #2, volume 3: #'s 1-4

• Like 3

Video Game Pickups #11

Got a great N64 find...

Here's a list of everything:

4 Nintendo 64 controllers (2 loose sticks, 2 tight sticks)

1 charcoal grey N64 with all cables

1 N64 expansion pack

1 Funtastic Grape N64 with controller and power supply

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (CIB)

Goldeneye 007

Super Mario 64

WWF Attitude

ECW Hardcore Revolution

post-38514-0-76318200-1398465906_thumb.jpg

Edited by mtilly
  • Like 1

So I went to work this morning and a buddy of mine came up to me and said "hey. I know your into this stuff. You can have this if ya want it." Then he hands me this box....... what was inside is depicted below

(Finally got pic uploaded!)

post-37731-0-28535500-1398494863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kida0723
  • Like 6

Fantastic yardsale finds today! :)

Tiny B&W TV with coax and AV inputs - I've been wanting to play the B&W VCS games on a real B&W TV since the discussion thread a while back - this find was awesome and it was $2! :)

Two medium size CRT TV's, one with a built in DVD player; these were FREE! I tried to pay for them but the owners would not take any money and were really friendly nice people - one was an old school gamer and programmer I had a blast chatting with!

I hardly every play my PS2 but I picked up a Dance Dance Revolution bundle - dancing is too much fun to pass up; 3 games and 3 dance pads for $10!

There was also a Hyperscan in the box with games but that system is too modern for me and I didn't want to take all of the good finds, I left the awsome retro handhelds there for the same reason though I wanted those :)

It was a massive 20 house yardsale and I had fun just walking around the development; the hilights were meeting and talking to the other old school programmer and some old school gamers who had old retro systems (but would not sell them - doubly awesome that they are being played!) and lots of really nice folk :)

My previous best yardsale find was a Vader with joysticks and paddles for $15 a couple of summers ago. I love the yardsales in my neighborhood! :)

So I went to work this morning and a buddy of mine came up to me and said "hey. I know your into this stuff. You can have this if ya want it." Then he hands me this box....... what was inside is depicted below

(Finally got pic uploaded!)

Free is the best price of all. Seriously though, all those first party SNES titles have skyrocketed in price, so you've got a small fortune there. I agree that Zombies is the funnest title of the lot, but NFL Blitz and Tony Hawk 2 for PS1 are fun as hell too.

Personally, I would cast Yoshi's Island back into the depths of Hell from whence it came.

post-6115-0-02623200-1398552929_thumb.jpg

$25 at the local Goodwill. No power supply and no A/V cable, but still far too good of a deal to pass up. The console and Game Boy Player both work perfectly. As for the game disc, I already have Super Smash Bros. Melee, so if anybody's looking for a bare disc of that game, I'm putting this one up for grabs.

attachicon.gif2014-04-26.jpg

$25 at the local Goodwill. No power supply and no A/V cable, but still far too good of a deal to pass up. The console and Game Boy Player both work perfectly. As for the game disc, I already have Super Smash Bros. Melee, so if anybody's looking for a bare disc of that game, I'm putting this one up for grabs.

Yeah the game already paid for everything else plus some profit :P

Yeah the game already paid for everything else plus some profit :P

Holy cow, you're not kidding. I just now looked that up. Even bare discs are going for a healthy amount.

The funny thing is I didn't buy this set for the game; I bought it for the Game Boy Player. I didn't find the game until after I got everything home and looked inside.