IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Very nice haul, AAirhart. Always nice to see good stuff still found in the wild.

My find last weekend wasn't exactly in the wild, but, the local 3D Games has been pricing a lot of their older inventory to move, and some of their prices have gotten downright reasonable. I scored the following for four bucks total.

post-6115-0-79669800-1401424270_thumb.jpg

Not exactly the most sought after Game Boy games, but they're good for my collection of classic ports.

• Like 1

Today, I got four Super NES games, including Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition, Joe and Mac, Super Pinball: Behind the Mask, and Mortal Kombat 3, for a quite reasonable fifteen dollars. Score! That's in addition to a clearance copy of Kid Icarus I snapped up for twenty dollars at a K-Mart. Not the GREATEST deal, but better than the price for a new copy of the game on Amazon.

Today I found one of the few remaining NES games I was actively searching for, Namco Ms. Pac-Man. Sadly it wasn't at a thrift store, but at the local 3D Games. Still, like I mentioned last week, they've been running some generous sales, and when I was finished I had that one, SNES Arkanoid: DoH It Again (another one I'd been looking for) and NES Vindicators for less than $20. While not exactly a steal, I would still call it reasonable.

It must be Vectrex month!

post-5812-0-26189900-1401678730_thumb.jpg

The knob on the reset button is missing and there are some scuffs on the top. Other than that it was just a little dusty in the cracks and crevices.

Sounds great, and the monitor is bright and sharp. I can't really see any displaced vectors as the text on screen looks sharp and all the games I've tried look as I would expect. The controller works great, the MineStorm overlay looks great, and it DID have the Kelly 2.0 multi cart with it.

I offered him a CIB copy of a hard to find 2600 homebrew which he considered. I also offered him a NES PowerPak, but as we talked about the value, I ended up offering him $200 and he took the cash. I think I got a great deal.

• Like 1

Ain't no Supercharger collection complete without Communist Mutants from Space! Other than that, excellent find! An accessory ahead of its time.

I found this and bough it right away

The games

Escape From The MindMaster

Killer Satellites

Suicide Mission (Sealed)

Fireball

attachicon.gifAtari Supercharger 001.jpgattachicon.gifAtari Supercharger 002.jpg

• Like 2

Ain't no Supercharger collection complete without Communist Mutants from Space! Other than that, excellent find! An accessory ahead of its time.

Thanks! yeah, the best games are usually missing with any lot. BTW, anyone know if it is possible to make back up copies of the original Super Charger game cassettes? I know there's ways of downloading games onto an iPad and so forth, but i'm strictly old school. I enjoy playing everything the way they were done originally. I do have blank cassettes, it wouldn't be too hard to shorten the tape to a couple of minutes worth versus the hrs on the blanks i assume. I thought of copying the original cassette with my tape deck. I hate using the original software, one badly working deck ='s chewed up destroyed tape, VHS style! I prefer making back ups, like we do with the old PC software floppies. Thanks everyone for liking my recent find !!!!!

Edited by Rik

No, I haven't. I don't know how I should clean it off. Run it under water? Vacuum it?

Try putting Dawn or other dish soap on the disc, both sides. Don't be afraid to be generous with it! Scrub the soap covered disc with your fingers gently, then rinse off the soap and dry it.

Edited by dendawg

Try putting Dawn or other dish soap on the disc, both sides. Don't be afraid to be generous with it! Scrub the soap covered disc with your fingers gently, then rinse off the soap and dry it.

Cleaned it up. Works. Thank you.

And I just want to say that saleing for me this year has been pretty bad so far. Those feelings are further compounded by watching these garage sale/flea market videos on YouTube.

Went to town-wide sales two weekends ago, got nothing.

Went to a festival last weekend, found Taito Legends 2 for PS2 for a decent price, but there was a lot of overpriced, dirty, scratched, sunfaded stuff there, too.

Went to a bunch of sales yesterday including a three-subdivision-sale and didn't find a whole lot. The most exciting thing I saw was two Genesis 2s in a box with Sonic 2 and some sports games for $20. I passed.

So I went to several garage sales today.

2e2e6abu.jpg

I paid 14 dollars for the Dance Dance Revolution set, Rock band set, Xbox 360 controller, and Tin Tin game. I kept the Tin Tin game and the 360 controller. I traded the Rock Band and Dance sets to the retro game store for 36.00 in credit. I used the 36.00 in credit to buy this:

9upe9aqa.jpg

• Like 5

Superb and most excellent!

I think it could be a good summer for flipping games at game stores. Some of the younger generation think that ps3 and Xbox 360 games are trash now because the Xbox one and PS4 are out. But a lot of people can't afford to spend 400-500 for a new game system for their kids so they are still buying these games and systems. The retro store I deal with gives 10-12 dollars in trade credit or cash for guitar hero and rock band guitars. I find these at thrift stores and garage sales a lot. (Usually for two or three dollars)