IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Haters going be hating

Found a box for Jaguar CD that had stuff inside. I didn't check closely as I was too excited and ran out after forking $10.

Upon getting home I checked, it didn't have CD system as the box indicated but has Jaguar base system, 2 power supplies, RF switch box, and Cybermorph.

I am however getting Jaguar logo and red screen on power on. I tried cleaning cart slot and the cart and I tried jiggling the cart at slightly different position, always RSoD. Hope I don't have a bad cart slot or a bad system.

Why is it out in the yard? LOL

So, today arived this:

1118151721.jpg

1118151722.jpg

From an online site (not ending in bay) for $43.00 shipped. No power supply. I happend to have on handy with the right specs:

1118151722b.jpg

Tomorrow I will clean and hook it up and see if will read a disk! ;)

I also got a second Gotek for my Amiga 500. Went to flash it with Cortex firmware. Connected the power up wrong and promplty fried it. DAMN!!

Ordered a new power regulator for it. Harumph. We'll see what else got fried when the regulator comes in. :(

Thanks,

Ron

I wrapped a microfiber cloth around a credit card, damped it in alcohol, and inserted it into the Wii drive while it was unplugged. The cloth pulled out the grains of sand and dirt causing the problem.

Can you actually get anything in there with the power off? I bought a Wii last month, and I think it's scratching discs (not major scratches, but still).

Edited by CRV

When I was making my first round of Christmas shopping today I went over to Target to check out storage stuff as I did not like having my adapters, cables, and controllers in my cubby holes. Low and behold the rolling storage tubs were on sale so I snagged that and it is clutter free and a better place for all my other stuff. Got everything to fit except for a few things.

post-32978-0-63129700-1448323272_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Found a working PS2 with all hookups, one controller and two 8MB memory cards for $7.99 at Savers in Reno NV. The controller works great and inside the PS2 was the ABBA Singstar disc. Everything works, the PS2 is SCPH 50001 and is in good condition. Also found Tomb Raider III (black label) there for $2.99.

Oh yeah - I found Grubby (the Teddy Ruxpin worm like friend) for $2.99 at Goodwill across the street from Savers. He is in great condition.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few goodies I found at Goodwill and another pawn shop on the edge of Sierra Vista:

post-393-0-73129300-1449359437_thumb.jpg

post-393-0-46330800-1449359459_thumb.jpg

Take special note of the Tomba! game, only two dollars. Evidently it's worth much more than that to collectors. (I never found the game particularly fun myself, but okay, whatever!)

Also included in the haul: a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for $3 and Star Trek: Klingon for PCs for $1. It's got a performance from Gowron and "Power Klingon" language lessons included! Funky!

Today I did one of those deals that a few years ago, I told myself I was never going to do. I thought I was out of the retro computing game for good, but I've been casually looking around for a C64 to use with all these C64 carts I have. I thought I'd just use it like a console and somehow that would be a good rationalization for buying yet another system (re-buying in this case).

Anyway, instead of staying small and just buying a single unit, I bought a huge C64 lot. The highlight is easily the Ultimate 1541 II flash cart that is kind of hard to get (orders have stopped), but it came with a ton of other stuff too:

3 C64s - 2 refurbed by Carlsen; 1 with JiffyDos switch

1 1541 Drive

1 Commodore PSU (He said it was from the 128)

2 1702 Monitors (One better than the other per him)

1 1541 Ultimate II

1 SD2IEC (Future8)

1 FastLoad Reloaded (Future8)

1 Carlsen built PSU

1 C64 to SVideo Cable

2 500XJ Joysticks

1 Wico stick in box with the different screw in handles

1 Pointmaster stick

Some other loose docs and little stuff. He had some Atari paddles that he said he hadn't tested, so I took those because I know I can fix them.

$500 for everything

The guy would have let me walk outta there with some other things. He had a whole box of Commodore PSUs and more joysticks. He also said he had a 1080 monitor for the 128, but I knew when to say stop. I feel like it was a pretty good deal at $500. Not a steal or anything, but certainly a bargain.

I got it home and tested one of the C64s with one of the monitors. I got the U1541 up and running and played a bunch of games. It was nice to use the SVideo cable too! So far everything is just as advertised and working great.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/sys/5300888414.html

post-5812-0-00083000-1450077992_thumb.jpg

post-5812-0-54846000-1450078049.jpgpost-5812-0-85988000-1450078079.jpg

• Like 6

Had a decent run last week at a Salvation Army in Gilroy, CA. $3.50 each for the PS1, PS2 and Xbox games - instructions included on all games and the discs are in great shape.

post-30739-0-06725200-1450672667_thumb.jpg post-30739-0-40184700-1450672692_thumb.jpg

This is apparently a program for connecting to a Seiko RC-4000 or 4400 watch from 1985 I think. This is the Commodore 64 version. I would love to find one of these watches to see if it works. I think the watch had 2k of internal memory. $3 at Salvation Army. I had to snag it up.

post-30739-0-91084100-1450672862_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Destruction Derby case looks like someone threw up on it :/ Clean that shit or if it's not clean-able, take the disc and manual out and chuck the case toward Xur.

Just pray it was some kid eating a fudgecicle before carelessly touching the case. I tell myself that far too often lately when shopping the thrifts... :grin:

• Like 1

When I was making my first round of Christmas shopping today I went over to Target to check out storage stuff as I did not like having my adapters, cables, and controllers in my cubby holes. Low and behold the rolling storage tubs were on sale so I snagged that and it is clutter free and a better place for all my other stuff. Got everything to fit except for a few things.

attachicon.gif20151123_175742.jpg

I have the exact same bin, it's great for extra controllers, PS, cables, ect.

• Like 1

Found a working PS2 with all hookups, one controller and two 8MB memory cards for $7.99 at Savers in Reno NV. The controller works great and inside the PS2 was the ABBA Singstar disc. Everything works, the PS2 is SCPH 50001 and is in good condition. Also found Tomb Raider III (black label) there for $2.99.

Oh yeah - I found Grubby (the Teddy Ruxpin worm like friend) for $2.99 at Goodwill across the street from Savers. He is in great condition.

Awesome find!