IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

It's not a skip it. It is a kick it or stick it hover puck. I'll toss it on ebay for $100 and if it sells it sells. If not I guess my boys get a new toy.

For real? :? Your really are one of those people? Please don't contribute to this practice of throwing stuff up for sale at stupid prices hoping to scam some unwitting person. All it does is completely screw up perceptions of value and causes other people to think their junk is worth gold even though there are no actual sales to support it. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

For real? :? Your really are one of those people? Please don't contribute to this practice of throwing stuff up for sale at stupid prices hoping to scam some unwitting person. All it does is completely screw up perceptions of value and causes other people to think their junk is worth gold even though there are no actual sales to support it. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

One of those people? Seriously. This retailed for $30 if you check old sold out sites. Go ahead find one for sale. For that matter find one that has been sold. I don't think asking $100 for an obscure item that is brand new and can't be purchased ANYWHERE is trying to scam anyone.

Stuff that is old and can't be purchased anymore generally goes up in value. If someone wants it they will buy it and if they don't want it they wont buy it. Simple.

I take great offense to your scam remark. Listing something as it is, is not scamming.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if you took offense but I find the current practice of listing things at stupid prices just to see if some moron comes along and buys it to be scamming. It artificially inflates prices because, just like you did, other people don't know any better and put stock in the asking prices. Just because you can't find a sold price on something old doesn't mean its worth its weight in gold.

I'm sorry if you took offense but I find the current practice of listing things at stupid prices just to see if some moron comes along and buys it to be scamming. It artificially inflates prices because, just like you did, other people don't know any better and put stock in the asking prices. Just because you can't find a sold price on something old doesn't mean its worth its weight in gold.

Excuse my language but you're being a Dick.

Just because you don't feel it is worth a price does not mean someone who does is a moron. There are toys out that I want and can no longer locate no matter how much I try and if someone had one for sale for 3 times what it originally sold for I would buy it in a second.

When there is nothing for sale I am not artificially increasing any price. I can't increase the price of what is not there to sell. I could use the same argument, that not being able to find something means it is highly valuable.

I don't feel asking $100 for an item that is no longer for sale as being that far fetched especially when similar products sell for $50 right now.

It boils down to the fact if it is only worth $20 it will not sell and if it would sell I would not be willing to sell it for that price anyhow. It's not like I went to walmart and grabbed an Amiibo for $12 and am asking $60 for it.

Yea! Capitalism! It is worth what people will pay for it.

Speaking of overinflated. White shiny rocks that women value deeply that are supposed to cost several months of your salary but never retain value despite having a high resistance to damage...and are not rare at all.

If it wasn't for the fact they had, "beer" in their name, I would completely loath that diamond cartel. ?

Edited by Justin Payne

You should consider looking at eBay completed listing to see what they actually sell for. If there's none, it's probably because the seller scared the buyers away with stupid price.

Open the damn thing up and go have fun with the kids, they are young only once. if you needed $100, go offer sidewalk shoveling service, and you can probably get that in a day. Or if it's not illegal, go stand on the corner of a street with a cardboard sign "Atari 2600 broke down, need money" or something.

• Like 1

Looking at completed was first thing I did before I even showed it in this thread, I was not born yesterday.

As far as needing $100 it has nothing to so with needing. I wouldn't wear a pair of shoes worth $100 either, just as I don't want a game worth $500. If something is worth enough it is smart to get rid of it and find something else.

My boys don't "need" this and the amount of fun they would have with it would not be that much. It would be a 2hr fiesta.

• Like 1

Well, seen a craigslist post 19 minutes after it was posted for $30 Super Nintendo.

I clicked ad and it had 11 games with it. I immediately sent a message offering $50 just to get in on the action. They replied "sounds good". The pictures were not that great "only blurry spines"so I started really analyzing them.

I seen Mario all stars and donkey kong right away. Then I made out final fight 3. I immediately sent a message offering $100 for them. They said I could pick up tomorrow.

I continued looking over the pictures and by now I had made out almost every game but punch-out and mickey. Soon as I seen Secret of mana. I sent another message stating I would give $140 but I wanted to get them now. They agreed, amazed I offered over $100 more than they were asking.

So after a 45 minute drive there and another 45 minute drive back I got this :)

post-25078-0-49645700-1456545153_thumb.jpg

post-25078-0-79467100-1456545167_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thrift find of the century:

2m3jptk.jpg

That song is stuck in your head now. You're welcome.

I continued looking over the pictures and by now I had made out almost every game but punch-out and mickey.

I really miss ZAMN. We used to own it, but it just...disappeared at some point =(

Tried to eBay it, but it'd be cheaper to just get an EverDrive.

Edited by Asaki

Well I was able to return the light sixer with the EPROMS. It powered on but it was very fickle and the paddles did not work. The EPROM cart worked but mostly on only 2k games and not 4k - and I was only able to get a few to work every time. Overall, not worth $70 so I got my money back thanks to the honest CL seller who turned out to be a very decent fellow. Anyway, found these today for $11 total:

post-30739-0-84380600-1456620301_thumb.jpgpost-30739-0-25244400-1456620337_thumb.jpg

The seller said that the Gamecube worked but I have no PS to test it with so unknown ... but for $1 that's okay.

The Game Gear works great and the sound is loud and crisp. The screen has a few minor blemishes but it's completely playable. The car adapter works great.

Found these at Wal-Mart for $3.50 each

post-30739-0-71252400-1456620546_thumb.jpg

also got a few Rey's but mostly Finn, Poe and Han Solo.

Even though I know that was sarcasm, I really like that album.

Not 100% sarcasm ;) I like to joke about it, but I actually really like his music, and I don't like most jazz/fusion/whatever.

I have something else of his on CD, some compilation of live tracks, and I'm pretty sure I have something of his on vinyl.

But yeah, that title track is an "earworm" for sure, was stuck in my head all night on Friday.

Edited by Asaki

One of those people? Seriously. This retailed for $30 if you check old sold out sites. Go ahead find one for sale. For that matter find one that has been sold. I don't think asking $100 for an obscure item that is brand new and can't be purchased ANYWHERE is trying to scam anyone.

Stuff that is old and can't be purchased anymore generally goes up in value. If someone wants it they will buy it and if they don't want it they wont buy it. Simple.

I take great offense to your scam remark. Listing something as it is, is not scamming.

Something is worth what someone will pay for it. This is a TOY ... not a life or death situation for someone. Anyone willing to overpay for a toy can obviously afford it.

It's not a scam, it's getting the most out of your investment.

If you want a "scam" to complain about, try the inflated price of many prescription drugs. Yikes.

Yesterday I found an old eMac, 700mhz w/640 MB, 30 GB HD, OS X 10.4.6 and Classic 9.2 I have been looking for an older PowerPC to run OS 8 or 9 so I could play Dark Forces, Fate of Atlantis and Kyrandia again. Everything seems to work fine, the DVD combo drive works great and the sound is loud and clear. $20

Found a loose 16MB xD card. No idea where it came from or who it belonged to. I checked it, it has pictures from over 10 years ago so it's probably something that got lost long ago, maybe when the previous owner got a bigger xD card? The pictures were all 2048x1536 so it must have been a 3mPix camera.

Still worked, formatted OK, and maybe $5 on eBay if I sell it.