IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well, videogame related thrift store finds of any variety are okay here, since this thread is in the Classic Gaming General section. I don't see posting some non-game finds in here as being bad at all. Just don't go too far with it, like posting about all the stuffed animals you bought and then posting pictures of them all having tea and drawing word balloons over their heads filled with nonsensical crap, like another member has in the past.  :D

906330[/snapback]

What happened to that guy? Did he get booted or just loose interest?

He posted just a few days ago. He disappeared for a while, thankfully. The General Discussions forum had loads and loads of threads filled with uncapitalised ramblings and pictures of his dollies. The moderators finally threatened to ban the attention whore, and he left for a bit. But whenever the guy wants to annoy people because he thinks it's funny, he'll come back and start posting crazy sh!t again.

Finally got my package of stuff I bought when I was vacationing in Florida. Here's what I got.

SNES Super Scope 6 CIB exept game cart

Gamegear with case and TV tuner

Gameboy Camera

Genesis model 1 with controllers

NES controller

PS2 stand

Loose games:

NES Smash TV

NES Super Sprint Tengen w/ ins.

NES M.C. Kids

NES Afterburner Tengen

NES Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Taito

NES Mega Man 3

Genesis Samurai Showdown

32X Primal Rage

32X Doom

Gamegear Sonic 1 & 2

Gamegear Halley Wars

Gamegear The Simpsons Bart vs. the World

Boxed Games:

NES

Tengen Pac-Man

Paperboy

The Immortal

Bram Stokers Dracula

PS2

Devil May Cry

Consider me totally jealous of your display kiosk.  :)  I wonder what they were using it for without any of the necessary components...

907071[/snapback]

:D

I had no idea how rare those are until today. It actually had been out by a dumpster since last Friday, but I didn't have time to stop and take a good look at it. I'm almost wondering if the person throwing it out got tired to the space it took up and gutted it but I'm not sure since I didn't talk to him. I know where I can get a Saturn for about $25 though. Anyone know what monitor was used in these things, or was it just a regular TV display?

I hit a few thrift stores today. I didn't find much but I did find some good things. A few games I didn't have, another Sega Saturn, and one of those movie cameras that hooks to a VCR... unfortunantly while it looks in nice condition for an old movie camera, it has good audio, but a green picture.

post-210-1123564157_thumb.jpg

I hit a few thrift stores today. I didn't find much but I did find some good things.  A few games I didn't have, another Sega Saturn, and one of those movie cameras that hooks to a VCR... unfortunantly while it looks in nice condition for an old movie camera, it has good audio, but a green picture.

907367[/snapback]

it looks like a nice cam.. but if you find an old PXL cam that records to regukar audio tapes. you got some gold

Hit a flea market this weekend & picked up Popeye, Boy & His Blob, Hogan's Alley and Punch Out for NES, the 6-in-1 cart for the Genesis, and Super Empire Stikes Back on the SNES (only to realize it was Jedi I was looking for, already own Empire). I think it was 6 for Popeye, and 3 for $10 for the other NES stuff, and I think 6 each for the SNES/Genny games.

Also picked up Paperboy 2 for SNES today at Goodwill for .95.

I hit a few thrift stores today. I didn't find much but I did find some good things.  A few games I didn't have, another Sega Saturn, and one of those movie cameras that hooks to a VCR... unfortunantly while it looks in nice condition for an old movie camera, it has good audio, but a green picture.

907367[/snapback]

it looks like a nice cam.. but if you find an old PXL cam that records to regukar audio tapes. you got some gold

907376[/snapback]

Sorry to get off topic, but I remember hearing years ago that the toy company that created the PXL 9000 were planning to come out with a color version. Did that ever happen?

907590[/snapback]

I have one of those cameras, or used to. My son bought it at a local yardsale about 10 years ago.

Is it worth anything? I would have to dig threw an abyss of toys to find it.

It was made by Fisher-Price, right?

--James

EDIT: I don't remember if it was a color one or not, I don't think we fiddled with it long enough to find out.

Edited by TuzenTCA

pxl cameras were only ever black and white, and very low resolution. It shot onto an audio cassette rather than a videotape. They're mechanically pretty flakey, often needing a lot of TLC to get them to work. The camera has some value if it's working, but less so if it needs a lot of repair.

I'm a filmmaker so if you feel like letting it go, drop me a line. Perhaps we can swap something?

pxl cameras were only ever black and white, and very low resolution.  It shot onto an audio cassette rather than a videotape.  They're mechanically pretty flakey, often needing a lot of TLC to get them to work.  The camera has some value if it's working, but less so if it needs a lot of repair.

I'm a filmmaker so if you feel like letting it go, drop me a line. Perhaps we can swap something?

908435[/snapback]

that being said.. its popular amongst film makers..

a pretty niche market to be sure.. I'm sure they can start some felabay bidding wars

Man, I'm a little ticked off. I bought a Gravis MouseStick at a Goodwill store. These things are common as dirt in thrifts, but according to the stylish box, this one's designed for the Amiga and Atari ST. I never knew Gravis made these things for the Amiga/ST, and it was only $2.50, so I bought it. I get home, pull out the MouseStick, and realise that it's a Mac joystick. It's plug is for ADB. And the box showed an independent microcontroller to plug the stick into, so you can program the buttons with it's little LCD screen. That wasn't in there, either. I thought that it might be, since the MouseStick doesn't quite fit in the box. I thought that the button editor device might be underneath. No such luck. I already have an ADB MouseStick for my old Macs, that I hardly ever used (because the thing sucks).

Various PC gaming items: $1.5

911274[/snapback]

Famicoman, there is absolutely no point to posting $#!+ like that - if you're not gonna identify what you got, don't even bother posting. Without a description, it could mean that you got ripped off on some junk that was only worth 10 cents, or you got the bargain of a lifetime on loot worth $1000's. Why waste our time and yours? We're not psychic!