IGNORED

Question about Lock N Chase

I've given up on the 'dream'.....lol.....never cared really.....just wanted one of the variants for my collection.......in the 90s, there was no Intellicart or JLP.....just emulators...

I remember hearing people say there were no Intellivision emulators at the time I had INTVPC on my 486 with real hand controllers. I wanted to post a pic online of me playing baseball on a PC to freak people out but I didn't want to upset Keith.

Yup....in the bad old days....that is how I met Carl....usenet....he wanted to write the world's first Intellivision emulator (I think some people called them simulators at the time) and made a call for ROMS. Sean Kelly had given him two proto type dumps from Truckin' and I think Popeye (I would have to check my notes on Popeye).....

I asked to try it out and was blown away.

He made some amazing progress, but was stuck because he didn't have the GROM and EXEC, nor any other games. I was determined to get him the ROMS and asked my very clever friend how it could be done.....he replied 'it's trivial!'......so I asked him to prove it! We went to my local College and did some research....found information on the CP1610 in some old Osborne book and started to collect tech info and eventually built a dumper to grab all the data off of Intellivision cartridges.

This is really a story that not many people know.....

The ROM exists, there is no doubt. And, it came from a Mattel eprom. It wasn't dumped off of a cartridge. The question is if it ever was released on cartridge, and so far, nobody has been able to produce one, despite what Keith said about a running change in the cartridges. The 8K ROM version was distributed along with a bunch of other unreleased ROMS that have a way of getting passed around. I know where it came from, because I was involved in dumping cartridges back in the 90s. I had I believe, the first ever Intellivision cartridge dumper. It was built by my friend Scott. We dumped my entire Intellivision collection (in the mid 90s), as well as many borrowed carts, and many ROMS including the Exec, ECS Exec and GROM that found their way on to the Intellivision Lives! CD. I had the 8K Lock N Chase ROM at the time, but since I heard it was on cart, I checked every one I could get my hands on, out of curiosity, with no luck. It isn't on cartridge. I'll be shocked if someone finds one. I've been looking for almost 20 years.

That's kinda what I saying, but you said it better. :) They had plans to release the improved 8k ROM when the old 6k ROM sold out, I wager, but it never did.

• Like 1

The ROM exists, there is no doubt. And, it came from a Mattel eprom. It wasn't dumped off of a cartridge. The question is if it ever was released on cartridge, and so far, nobody has been able to produce one, despite what Keith said about a running change in the cartridges. The 8K ROM version was distributed along with a bunch of other unreleased ROMS that have a way of getting passed around. I know where it came from, because I was involved in dumping cartridges back in the 90s. I had I believe, the first ever Intellivision cartridge dumper. It was built by my friend Scott. We dumped my entire Intellivision collection (in the mid 90s), as well as many borrowed carts, and many ROMS including the Exec, ECS Exec and GROM that found their way on to the Intellivision Lives! CD. I had the 8K Lock N Chase ROM at the time, but since I heard it was on cart, I checked every one I could get my hands on, out of curiosity, with no luck. It isn't on cartridge. I'll be shocked if someone finds one. I've been looking for almost 20 years.

Well they said the same thing about the 2600 Missile Command without Rob's initials and eventually one of those turned up. I still think there could be a run of 8K Lock n Chases out there somewhere.

Fascinating stories, thanks for sharing them, I guess my probability of finding one 8K cart has fallen just below Bigfoot/Loch Ness Monster/Spiker threshold levels? A local seller has some Intellivision Inc. boxes of this game, I will order one and try it just in case :)

Yup....in the bad old days....that is how I met Carl....usenet....he wanted to write the world's first Intellivision emulator (I think some people called them simulators at the time) and made a call for ROMS. Sean Kelly had given him two proto type dumps from Truckin' and I think Popeye (I would have to check my notes on Popeye).....

I asked to try it out and was blown away.

He made some amazing progress, but was stuck because he didn't have the GROM and EXEC, nor any other games. I was determined to get him the ROMS and asked my very clever friend how it could be done.....he replied 'it's trivial!'......so I asked him to prove it! We went to my local College and did some research....found information on the CP1610 in some old Osborne book and started to collect tech info and eventually built a dumper to grab all the data off of Intellivision cartridges.

This is really a story that not many people know.....

William, I'd buy a copy of your autobiography ;-)