IGNORED

Requesting a little help please

RichG1972

As most of you know . . .

I didn't get the memo.

The cartridges that you collect won't be the same ones that you and your father bonded over. They won't have the same sticky fingerprints or the same coffee stains on the manuals. If none of that matters to you, then you bonded over the games on the screen, and that means the Harmony cartridge should satisfy your needs.

Is there any way to get a "harmony" cartridge "preloaded" with all the games?

I don't think so. If you already play games using an emulator, you already have the files to put on an SD card. You don't really need anyone to preload the Harmony cartridge for you.

So rt what harmony cart would you prefer?

A far as I know, there's only the one. Either you get the standard edition, which is just the cart for $60, or the deluxe, which is the cart, cable and SD card for $80. Unless you already have a cable and SD card, might as well go for the Deluxe. Id you get the deluxe, there's no question on compatibility of the SD card with the cartridge.

So rt what harmony cart would you prefer?

A far as I know, there's only the one. Either you get the standard edition, which is just the cart for $60, or the deluxe, which is the cart, cable and SD card for $80. Unless you already have a cable and SD card, might as well go for the Deluxe. Id you get the deluxe, there's no question on compatibility of the SD card with the cartridge.

Yep, what SlowCoder said. I'd always go for the deluxe edition.

Oh ok thanks for the suggestion and yes slowcoder I was referring to the $60 or $80 versions. So I got another question that’s been bothering me...having a compatible SD card...so a normal SD card won't work in the harmony cart? What’s sooo special about the formatting? Does it have to be FAT? Instead of NTFS

Oh ok thanks for the suggestion and yes slowcoder I was referring to the $60 or $80 versions. So I got another question that’s been bothering me...having a compatible SD card...so a normal SD card won't work in the harmony cart? What’s sooo special about the formatting? Does it have to be FAT? Instead of NTFS

This might answer your questions:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-harmony-cartridge.html#getting_started

Any SD card will work, and can be formatted with FAT or FAT32 (and they come this way.) NTFS will not work, and is a bad idea anyway as very few (if any) cameras, consoles, MP3 players, phones, or other small electronic devices support it.

• Like 1

By the way, RT, very nice job on the page you put together. :)

Thanks, but to be clear for anyone reading this, the only thing I did was make an adapted HTML version of the official PDF file for people who don't like to use PDF files. The page originally wasn't even going to have the manual on it:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/181020-i-just-bought-one-and-have-a-few-thoughts/page__p__2269074#entry2269074

• Like 1

As most of you know . . .

I didn't get the memo.

The cartridges that you collect won't be the same ones that you and your father bonded over. They won't have the same sticky fingerprints or the same coffee stains on the manuals. If none of that matters to you, then you bonded over the games on the screen, and that means the Harmony cartridge should satisfy your needs.

Just download ROM's collection, add it to the SD card, and you'll have all the originals that have been dumped. It takes only about 10 minutes to do it all. It is simple.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to inform everyone of this but my father Richard L Griffith Sr passed away at 4pm on July 25th and me and my family buried him on July 29th he was 65 years old so now my mission to re-acquire the missing Atari 2600 cartridges he had when I was a kid is more important than ever, for those wishing to maybe leave something on his findagrave online memorial here is the link to his page:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Griffith&GSfn=Richard&GSmn=L.&GSby=1946&GSbyrel=in&GSdy=2011&GSdyrel=in&GSob=n&GRid=74292805&df=all&

Edited by RichG1972

Sorry to inform everyone of this but my father Richard L Griffith Sr passed away at 4pm on July 25th and me and my family buried him on July 29th he was 65 years old so now my mission to re-acquire the missing Atari 2600 cartridges he had when I was a kid is more important than ever

I have dupes of most the items listed. P.M. me for a price and include your address so I can quote you for shipping.

Sorry to inform everyone of this but my father Richard L Griffith Sr passed away at 4pm on July 25th and me and my family buried him on July 29th he was 65 years old so now my mission to re-acquire the missing Atari 2600 cartridges he had when I was a kid is more important than ever, for those wishing to maybe leave something on his findagrave online memorial here is the link to his page:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Griffith&GSfn=Richard&GSmn=L.&GSby=1946&GSbyrel=in&GSdy=2011&GSdyrel=in&GSob=n&GRid=74292805&df=all&

Sorry about your loss. I read his page and your note to him. You did a great job on it.

• 9 months later...

A name I haven't seen here in a little while. Welcome back!

Yup took some time off to deal with everything with Dad and everything else, but I'm back now

Edited by RichG1972

I belive it was these from the message:

Sent Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 AM

Rich,

I'm gonna be sending out the following games after work today:

Defender

Demons To Diamonds

Missile Command

Swordquest Fireworld

Let me know once you receive them! Also I'd appreciate if you could leave me feedback on here too! Thanks buddy! :-)

-Mark

I belive it was these from the message:

Sent Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 AM

Rich,

I'm gonna be sending out the following games after work today:

Defender

Demons To Diamonds

Missile Command

Swordquest Fireworld

Let me know once you receive them! Also I'd appreciate if you could leave me feedback on here too! Thanks buddy! :-)

-Mark

Actually yes I did get those