IGNORED

Should I sell Ms. Pac-Man arcade hack?

Jr. Pac

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should I sell my Ms. Pac-Man Arcade hack?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Looks like we might have proof that Jr. Pac is not a 35 year old fat guy in a basement pretending to be 10 for the fun of it.

Look at this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/184511-heavy-sixer/page__p__2319706#entry2319706

And this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrVFow8-Rg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrVFow8-Rg

You're welcome.

Don't forget Jr. Pac's problems with sarcasm. I have felt like I've been talking to 10 year old before I even knew the age.

• Like 1

But it really doesn't matter how old anyone is here. No trouble caused, so he's a welcome member.

Except I think 'he' might be a she, so we might want to be even nicer.

I'm a he. :P Thanks for sticking up for me, everyone.

Are you sure?

Tempest

But it really doesn't matter how old anyone is here. No trouble caused, so he's a welcome member.

Are you sure?

Tempest

Please don't post photos to prove it!!!!!! :woozy: :skull: :skull: :skull:

• Like 1

Are you sure?

Tempest

Please don't post photos to prove it!!!!!! :woozy: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Unless you are really Megan Fox.

• Like 1

You did a great job on the hack. Just remember the important thing is to have fun doing it.

I have made my share of hacks. I successfully made small runs of a couple of my hacks. I have even had delusions of grandeur on one set of them thinking I could sell a multi-cart.

The fun with hacks is in sharing your ideas with people here. When you are ready I agree with the recommendations to take the step into programming.

• Like 5

And similar to what I said in a reply to 4Ks status update, it's just too bad that 4Ks doesn't know what in the heck he's talking about. I was fishing for evidence to prove or disprove a moderator's theory, not trolling.

Wow, you're dragging my status update into this? Fine, I can play too. As a matter of fact, threads like this are exactly what drove me to post that in the first place.

Have any of you snobs ever been a kid before? Seriously, have you? Almost everyone is a little bit ignorant at that age (not knocking Jr. Pac here), but you people seem to act like asking a question about something you would already know the answer to is a capital offense. Take off the propeller hat and realize that there are actually normal, intelligent people who don't know the difference between a CPU and a GPU.

I know that at least 80% of the people here are over the age of 25. It's time for some of them to start acting like it.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

• Like 6

Interesting thread. If you are only 10, I have to say that you are doing a great job. I hope you keep it up and maybe program a game that is yours alone. Anyway :thumbsup: and keep at it.

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out Batari Basic. This is the only (NOT BATARI) Basic code I know.

10 print "[insert text]"

20 goto 10

30 end

I know that at least 80% of the people here are over the age of 25. It's time for some of them to start acting like it.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

You mean like letting something ultimately trivial such as a running joke on an internet forum become such a problem that you have to start an argument over it? :ponder:

It's the Internet, for God's sake. Don't take it so seriously. :|

• Like 3

Wow, you're dragging my status update into this? Fine, I can play too. As a matter of fact, threads like this are exactly what drove me to post that in the first place.

Actually, you have it backwards. You dragged your misunderstanding of a few of these Jr. Pac threads to your status update and made a big puffy deal about it instead of posting in one of these threads.

Have any of you snobs ever been a kid before? Seriously, have you? Almost everyone is a little bit ignorant at that age (not knocking Jr. Pac here), but you people seem to act like asking a question about something you would already know the answer to is a capital offense. Take off the propeller hat and realize that there are actually normal, intelligent people who don't know the difference between a CPU and a GPU.

If you would have bothered to read what was posted, we didn't know how old Jr. Pac supposedly was until the recent "I'm 10 years old" announcement. I and probably others assumed it was either a delusional 35 year old guy in his mother's basement or a 35 year old guy in his mother's basement pretending to be delusional for the fun of it.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

We are acting like it. Have you young snobs ever been old before? Seriously, have you? Almost everyone is a little bit grumpy and sarcastic when they reach a certain age. Heck, I was grumpy and sarcastic when I was 14 years old.

It's time for you to stop misunderstanding what you read and blowing things out of proportion and start acting like you're 14 by having fun chasing girls, popping zits, whining about your chores, and pretending that your parents don't know why you were in the bathroom so long with the water running.

:D

• Like 4

Actually, you have it backwards. You dragged your misunderstanding of a few of these Jr. Pac threads to your status update and made a big puffy deal about it instead of posting in one of these threads.

If you would have bothered to read what was posted, we didn't know how old Jr. Pac supposedly was until the recent "I'm 10 years old" announcement. I and probably others assumed it was either a delusional 35 year old guy in his mother's basement or a 35 year old guy in his mother's basement pretending to be delusional for the fun of it.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

We are acting like it. Have you young snobs ever been old before? Seriously, have you? Almost everyone is a little bit grumpy and sarcastic when they reach a certain age. Heck, I was grumpy and sarcastic when I was 14 years old.

It's time for you to stop misunderstanding what you read and blowing things out of proportion and start acting like you're 14 by having fun chasing girls, popping zits, whining about your chores, and pretending that your parents don't know why you were in the bathroom so long with the water running.

:D

I don't know R.T., but arguing with a 14 year old is almost impossible, and usually not worth the effort. In their minds they are never wrong......ever.

• Like 3

Interesting thread. If you are only 10, I have to say that you are doing a great job. I hope you keep it up and maybe program a game that is yours alone. Anyway :thumbsup: and keep at it.

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out Batari Basic. This is the only (NOT BATARI) Basic code I know.

10 print "[insert text]"

20 goto 10

30 end

This is awful code, line 30 is totally unnecessary.

And similar to what I said in a reply to 4Ks status update, it's just too bad that 4Ks doesn't know what in the heck he's talking about. I was fishing for evidence to prove or disprove a moderator's theory, not trolling.

Signed,

4Ks

Age 14

Adorable.

Tempest

If you do decide to sell, are you going to manufacture the cartridge casings and boards by hand?

I don't have an EPROM programmer, or cart casings, so no.

Maybe it's just me...but I still have no clue where all the negativity is coming from. 10 or 35? Male or female? Who cares?? Posting the binary puts TC a step up from certain attention whores who never produced ANYTHING :ponder: And two steps above certian individuals who state that they did but don't share it as proof. At least three steps above those who produce something but only make it available in very limited numbers to falsely-generate rarity and/or unreasonably charge an arm-and-a-leg for the few copies sold to rape the collectors. An unlimited number of steps above those who profit off of another persons' work when the original is still very-much alive.

TC:

Should you sell or not sell? That is up to you. If you can find a buyer and don't mind breaking copyright for something that nobody even cares about whether it's copyrighted or not...more power to ya.

We all gotta start someplace.

• Like 4

Maybe it's just me...but I still have no clue where all the negativity is coming from.

The negativity is coming from the fact that a bunch of people think this kid is PacFan97. PacFan97 was a huge troll for a good number of months. There may be some piling on from others that just think it is fun to get in on the act, but for the most part people think he is PacFan97

Maybe it's just me...but I still have no clue where all the negativity is coming from.

The negativity is coming from the fact that a bunch of people think this kid is PacFan97. PacFan97 was a huge troll for a good number of months. There may be some piling on from others that just think it is fun to get in on the act, but for the most part people think he is PacFan97

I suppose that would explain it. I don't really remember PacFan97, but I haven't seen anything from JrPac other than an interest in the community, lots of questions, and an apparent desire to learn. When I was 10 I was getting into computers and would probably have been innocently doing the same thing if the internet was around then. Until there is honest evidence he is someone of ill-respect, I will respect him as a member of the forums, regardless of reported age/gender.

• Like 3

I suppose that would explain it. I don't really remember PacFan97, but I haven't seen anything from JrPac other than an interest in the community, lots of questions, and an apparent desire to learn. When I was 10 I was getting into computers and would probably have been innocently doing the same thing if the internet was around then. Until there is honest evidence he is someone of ill-respect, I will respect him as a member of the forums, regardless of reported age/gender.

Yeah, I am not bashing the guy. Just providing info as to why others are.