IGNORED

THE VOID

ozma wars

• 2 weeks later...

do you know how to contact the programmers ? have a question for them. Thanks.

It seem strange they do never pass visiting AA.

Is the question simply "Why?" or "Can I get my money back?"

Heh. I saw the rather lengthly youtube video about this game. It was hyped more than most modern games are. But when I saw the game, it looked like it had pretty much zero depth to it. I have seen TI-99/4A games with more depth.

Not to outright bash the game, but on the other hand I'm not going to blindly praise, worship, nor "shut up and take my money!" every homebrew effort out there that has a cart/manual/box made for it. Low serial number? Who cares? A piece of turd with a serial num of 12 is still a turd.

my question would sound like that :

ok guys, you made a mistake in producing that.

I also made a mistake in purchasing that.

Nobody is perfect !

So, now, what about to produce some games on command ?

I love OLD shoot-em-up space games ( Ozma Wars I insisted a lot with Collectorvision to see that realized ) and these guys could be (?) cheap in ordering them games ACCORDING to their capacities...anyway good enough for games of the era 1979 - 1981 like those I mean. I could produce them.

I would recommend for collectors only.

Which brings up an interesting question:

Why would collectors want these games?

Collectors want all games produced for colecovision. For example, I have played motorcross, I know it sucks but if I can find a CIB I am going to buy it. Basically the same deal, other than when I bought VOID no one knew the game sucked yet. I guess it is just like any other addiction, I have an addiction to collecting colecovision games. :)

Collectors want all games produced for colecovision. For example, I have played motorcross, I know it sucks but if I can find a CIB I am going to buy it. Basically the same deal, other than when I bought VOID no one knew the game sucked yet. I guess it is just like any other addiction, I have an addiction to collecting colecovision games. :)

So I can make a crap game(no creativity, no fun gameplay, etc) for ColecoVision, solely for collectors, and they will be just all...

post-12390-0-17915900-1316098134_thumb.jpg

because collectors want it for the sake of having it?

What a great money making opportunity!

So I can make a crap game(no creativity, no fun gameplay, etc) for ColecoVision, solely for collectors, and they will be just all...

money ? which money ?

we are speaking of a ColecoVision game, not one for the Wii or PS3.

Personally I would like to be "part" of the Colecovision history only publishing some games. This would be satisfactory.

I guess you could do that but how much money are you actually going to make after all the time and effort and money you put into it. So in theory you make sense but in practice it wouldn't work to try and rip people off.

• Like 1

I guess you could do that but how much money are you actually going to make after all the time and effort and money you put into it. So in theory you make sense but in practice it wouldn't work to try and rip people off.

Who said that there was going to be effort put into it? :P

I guess that is true :) Of course even to make a crappy game it is actually still quite a lot of work to get the code and pictures to run.

Does anyone that has this game want to write up a review for Retrocade Magazine?

Only if you pay me so that I'll have a little extra money in the PayPal kitty. Then I won't feel so bad about buying S1500's crappy game when it becomes available. :roll:

S1500... Do us all a favor. If you do go ahead and make a "crappy" game, make sure the cart label and box for it are just as crappy so that everything stays consistent. Better yet, forgo the box and place it in a brown paper bag with some crap and a book of matches. :D

• Like 1

Does anyone that has this game want to write up a review for Retrocade Magazine?

Only if you pay me so that I'll have a little extra money in the PayPal kitty. Then I won't feel so bad about buying S1500's crappy game when it becomes available. :roll:

S1500... Do us all a favor. If you do go ahead and make a "crappy" game, make sure the cart label and box for it are just as crappy so that everything stays consistent. Better yet, forgo the box and place it in a brown paper bag with some crap and a book of matches. :D

Aarrghh... who show you the prototype of my next game???? :x :x :x :x :x

:D

No problem. Any funds received through Paypal donations are being split equally amongst contributors.

I remember a lot of TI-99/4A software that came in a ziplock bag, with a hand-stapled instruction book that was always light blue on the cover. It was light blue like the TI hardware manuals(at least for the PEB) were.

I read a review of this game in Revival... and I didn't buy it.

unfortunately in Italy there were two attempts to give life to a retro-magazine but all the two failed ( 2006 and 2007 ).

I had no idea in Europe also REVIVAL existed, together with RetroGamer UK. Glad to know.

I will try now to get/find all back issues.

Max

I remember a lot of TI-99/4A software that came in a ziplock bag, with a hand-stapled instruction book that was always light blue on the cover. It was light blue like the TI hardware manuals(at least for the PEB) were.

Those where the good old days of homebrewing! We (users group/mail order for CV & ADAM) used to shrinkwrap the software and manual, then later used plastic bags and finally nothing at all in an attempt to keep the costs down as much as possible for the purchasers. Most Homebrew software for the ADAM was sold in the $10-$17 range with the BEST programs generally selling in the $20-$30 range.

For the most part, instructions were either built-into the program or included as a word processing file that could be printed out by the purchaser... another big time and money saver. The better programs, say for instance PowerPAINT, came with nice manuals.

I collect colecovision games because in my opinion it has the best library of great games(it also has childhood memories for me too). Plus most of the homebrews are boxed games with high production values and just look great! There are a few duds like the void but at least the game was sealed and number so I just never open it to see how crappy of a game it really was :D

So lesson for all game makers if your going to make a crappy game make sure you do a "factory type" of seal on the box and make sure it's numbered or make a collector version to add some collector value to it and I will still buy it ;)

That being said I can't imagine anyone making a crappy game on purpose

:idea: You should make atari 2600's E.T. Remastered Collector's Edition for the colecovision :rolling:

You could do a ad like "Out of the landfills and into your home!! :evil: E.T. Remastered Collector's Edition :evil: only on your Colecovision & ADAM!!"

I'd buy it :lolblue:

Edited by RelliK111

That being said I can't imagine anyone making a crappy game on purpose

Oh, definately not. The Void feels like it was crafted on a isolated island, away from the rest of the CV homebrew community. It may not actually have been like that in reality, but it feels like it. When you do something on your own, and then compare your final product to what others have done on the same platform, you sometimes get that kind of "ouch" feeling...

:idea: You should make atari 2600's E.T. Remastered Collector's Edition for the colecovision :rolling:

You could do a ad like "Out of the landfills and into your home!! :evil: E.T. Remastered Collector's Edition :evil: only on your Colecovision & ADAM!!"

I'd buy it :lolblue:

I actually thought of doing a ColecoVision version of E.T., but it wasn't going to be a direct adaptation of the Atari 2600 version. I was thinking more of an isometric game, with multiple screens (Eliott's house, the school, the forest, etc.), which would offer the ability to switch between E.T., Elliot, Gertie, etc. each with their own complementary attributes. The goal would be to collect the phone parts (like in the Atari 2600 version), while keeping E.T. alive with Reeses Pieces, and other secondary tasks. Just one of those projects that I'll probably never get around to doing. :)