IGNORED

HSC Round 4.1: The Champ's Double Header

Pepper II seems a bit more faster pace than this one.

Adding up 4 screens to move on to the next level.

Here it's just 1 screen/level at a time.

I like how i can crush the bad guys with a log.

This game also seems a bit like Dig Dug II

Edited by roadrunner

I agree. Do run run is definitely Pacman meets qix!!

That's been said of Pepper II. I haven't played Do Run yet - is it like Pepper II?

Pepper II seems a bit more faster pace than this one.

Adding up 4 screens to move on to the next level.

Here it's just 1 screen/level at a time.

I like how i can crush the bad guys with a log.

This game also seems a bit like Dig Dug II

It's not at all like Pepper II.

In DO! Run Run, when you boxed the dots they will change to something else that give more point.

The yellow dots at the beginning are worth 10 points.

If you draw and close a box around those dots they will change to cherries worth 20 points

Box again to get apples for 40 points then lemons for 80 points and finally something that looks like green apples for 160 points.

The level ends when you have eaten all the dots (or else depending if they were boxed or not) or kill all the bad guys or get the last letter to spell EXTRA.

And Yes you can kill them with the log, you can get a lot of points by doing so.

1000 points for first, 1500 for second, 2000 ...2500 and 3000 for additional (With the same log of course)

In later levels I try to get to a log as fast as possible and kill to most bad guys with it to make the level easier.

You can also kill a bad guy by throwing a ball at him, just like in Mr Do.

To get a ball back you have to eat dots, I'm not sure exactly how many but probably close to 20.

Remember that if the ball bounce on a wall before killing the bad guy you will get more points ... the points are multiply by the number of bounces (+500 each bounce up to 3000)

Hi everyone. Bigbee invited me from another forum. Have had a quick go at these two titles, and the scores arent pretty! Might have to put some more time into these. :D

Barra! You made it! I'm thinking Do! Run Run is right up your ally though.

B

Choplifter 280150

Do run run 262480

I did the 1st 3 levels on Chopliter perfect but AGAIN! the 4 level got me. I practiced the 3rd level a few time using save states for awhile the other day. When I finally past it, I breezed right through the loop, back to the lava again. I don't know why I can't do it on a real run.

post-29567-0-07649900-1314326492_thumb.jpg

There We Go! Made it back to the lava. I uploaded the play back too, if you wanna check it out.

Choplifter 532700

B

Nice :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the INP.

What happen with your last chopper?

Did you think you were game over?

There We Go! Made it back to the lava. I uploaded the play back too, if you wanna check it out.

Choplifter 532700

B

Nice :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the INP.

What happen with your last chopper?

Did you think you were game over?

There's something weird about the play back of any ini from this game. If you watch some of it with F10 pressed the video gets out of sync with the keyboard input. So you will not see what really happened. To avoid this, you have to either watch all of it with F10, or just watch it in normal speed. That could be what you were seeing. I just watched it all with F10 and saw what I did.

I have to say, when I passed Sortie 3 perfect with no death, I was stoked! When I got to Sortie 7, it looked more like my normal Lava Stage play ;)

B

Ok, just got back up and running.

Do Run Run - 108,230

Choplifter - 26,900

Never heard of this Mr. Do game, but it's great--love it. I wish I had a few more nights to work on it.

As for Choplifter, this game makes me want to go take a shit. Can't stand it. Am I saying this just because I suck at it? Probably. But it still makes me want to go take a shit.

post-27528-0-93545300-1314420747_thumb.jpg

post-27528-0-77593100-1314420760_thumb.jpg

Do! Run Run77,110

I think I figured out how to play this pretty well.

Choplifter!

The instant I take off with the survivors (so right now I'm at the right edge of the screen), that damn missile truck shoots me down as soon as the screen scrolls. Happens every damn time. I should record that total BS move. Stupid camper.icon_mad.gif

post-28043-0-54082900-1314483529_thumb.png

post-28043-0-99441700-1314483574_thumb.png

The instant I take off with the survivors (so right now I'm at the right edge of the screen), that damn missile truck shoots me down as soon as the screen scrolls. Happens every damn time. I should record that total BS move. Stupid camper

The jeeps and missile trucks roll by every so often. I think they are on a timer but I am not sure about that. After you get the 8th guy loaded, sit there and bounce some until a jeep or truck rolls by. Shoot him from the ground and go on about business.

On another note, kojr should really go by bigbee99jr. He's my oldest and one of my two Padawans :D . He has been dying to compete somewhere and swears since he can roll me in Goldeneye wii, he's got me beat elsewhere. Honestly, I've been wondering how well he will fair against those of us who grew up in this era of games.

And it seems like just yesterday I stuck a 2600 joystick in his hand. I guess this makes AA fun for the whole family now :cool:

B

choplifter

Just looking at the picture, I pulled off a real n00b move there. I crashed into the top of the cave. And are those snowspeeders inside the cave?

Do! run run

Wow, got the EXTRA thing. only did it twice before in the ENTIRE series on Mr. Do and Mr. Do's Castle. It seems a bit easier to do here.

post-28043-0-75416400-1314506890_thumb.png

post-28043-0-51060600-1314506918_thumb.png

post-28043-0-30862100-1314506932_thumb.png

Hi everyone. Bigbee invited me from another forum. Have had a quick go at these two titles, and the scores arent pretty! Might have to put some more time into these. :D

Barra! You made it! I'm thinking Do! Run Run is right up your ally though.

B

Haha its not similar to Mr Do's Wild Ride, but I can definately give it a go and learn the gameplay. Unfortunately have not had time to play these games yet :( hopefully give it a go tomorrow