IGNORED

ARMY OF DARKNESS (2600)

neotokeo2001

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, that is weird. Actually whats even more weird is I got my game, and 2 weeks later another came in the mail. I messaged the guy about it and he said it was his mistake and I could keep it. It doesn't make much sense for you guys to have not gotten yours by now, or at least a refund.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why is it ONLY people outside of the US that don't get their carts from Scott? looking back at a lot of other projects that Scott has done, it's always people from Canada and Europe that don't get their copies.

I never received my copy of Tronman from 2005. Haven't bought from Scott since. He recently got back to me and is supposed to give me a copy of Invader X for free. which is now 5 months behind his schedule.

I know that Canada Post isn't the most reliable service, but I think the problem here is coming from the US, given that Canada isn't the only affected country here.

I feel pretty terribly about this. Is there nothing that Atari Age can do for those who didn't get their copy?

What is Atariage to do? They are not responsible for all sellers on the site. Outside of the atariage Store any member who sells here is responsible for their commitments. Atariage should not be held accountable, and really even if you're more talking about "helping out" or taking some type of donations, that only let's the original seller off the hook. A lot is done to moderate, feedback is given, proven untrusted persons are banned etc, but in the end all one can do is decide for themselves to deal with any other member of this site based on their prior history, references etc, but once all is said and done, in the end it is the sellers responsibility to come through after payment, not AtariAge or anyone else. It is simply impossible for any site or forums to police or take responsibility for every individual, unfortunately from time to time scammers, assholes or people who are incapable of managing their orders slip through. Just the fact that some received extra copies where others did not receive any copy tells me this seller has serious problems, it is not rocket science to send out a cart to those that paid, confirm details or maintain communication.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Why is it ONLY people outside of the US that don't get their carts from Scott? looking back at a lot of other projects that Scott has done, it's always people from Canada and Europe that don't get their copies.

I never received my copy of Tronman from 2005. Haven't bought from Scott since. He recently got back to me and is supposed to give me a copy of Invader X for free. which is now 5 months behind his schedule.

I know that Canada Post isn't the most reliable service, but I think the problem here is coming from the US, given that Canada isn't the only affected country here.

I am from the US and I bought all of the versions from him....around $250 worth and never received anything. Sure I am upset about it but at this point we need to hope for the best...there is nothing else we can do. I still have confidence that he will honor his sales.....I think he is going through some tough times right now but I know he will rebound......I just wish he would communicate more about what will be happening.

I am from the US and I bought all of the versions from him....around $250 worth and never received anything. Sure I am upset about it but at this point we need to hope for the best...there is nothing else we can do. I still have confidence that he will honor his sales.....I think he is going through some tough times right now but I know he will rebound......I just wish he would communicate more about what will be happening.

Man that's a lot of money... Really, nothing?

I signed up for Invader X, but haven't sent payment. Now I may not buy.

Last I heard he himself said he was out of state working, I believe it was in the Invader X thread... If that helps anyone.

Hi Wonder

This is a big reason to call someone

BAD TRADER

greetings Walter

• Like 1

I didn't get my copy either... I was kind of hoping neo would clear this up for you guys before I said anything; it was more important to me that you guys who paid got your copies. Now that its been almost been a year since they were supposed to go out, it looks like nothing is going to happen for any of us.

At least in my case, I'm only out a couple of nights work for the title screen.

He hasn't been here since early July. I can't believe he doesn't have access to a computer in the state he is working. Rough times or not, you can find a friend who you can borrow the computer for 5min.

Gameplay looks pretty much like Nitebear on Sleepystreet. I even had my cart signed by Freddy himself. You want a copy?

UPDATE: How many people in total didn't get their carts anyway?