IGNORED

Will you be buying a 3DS after the price drop?

Animan

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a 3DS after the price drop?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will buy one before the price drop to get those 20 free games.
    • I might buy one.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

You're saying a nintendo system won't get must-play games? That'd be a first.

Eventually it probably will get some. When that happens, and they stop with DS/DSI games (maybe they already have, IDK) then there will be real motivation for those not instantly impressed with 3d to jump ship.

It does feel like a bit of a waste to shut of 3ds's major selling feature before that happens.

I should really give it another demo. I was a bit repulsed my first time around, but I didn't so much as try to fiddle with the settings. It didn't make me sick, but there was a feeling like I was crossing my eyes that wasn't especially pleasant.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

If the 3DS had must play games, it might make sense to buy it and turn the 3D off. Otherwise these have much better 3D, are just as useful, and much cheaper.

The Gamecube was kind of riding real close to that line. That was the first Nintendo system I truly had regret for buying.

The Gamecube was kind of riding real close to that line. That was the first Nintendo system I truly had regret for buying.

While I don't regret getting a Gamecube overall, I do regret trading in a PS1 and ten(?) games to Gamestop for it. I'll never forget you, Pocket Fighter.... *sniff*

If the 3DS had must play games, it might make sense to buy it and turn the 3D off. Otherwise these have much better 3D, are just as useful, and much cheaper.

The wii didn't for a long while before anything decent came out.

My friends and I called the Wii, the Brawl Box.

Nope. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo. There's just something chaotic and unhinged inside of me that wants to see Nintendo pull a Sega, implode, and hastily retreat from the hardware market.

That's what I hope MS will do..

I still don't understand all the hate for videogames on a videogame forum.

I voted no. I've tried the 3DS at stores, and I just can't "find" the sweet spot to see 3D effect, and if I was going to play 2D, the 3DS is tiny compared to DSi XL.

Really sucks that 3DS games can't be used on non 3DS system, I wanted Zelda remake but until Nintendo comes out with reasonable priced 3DS XL, I'm sticking with my older DSi XL.

I voted no. I've tried the 3DS at stores, and I just can't "find" the sweet spot to see 3D effect, and if I was going to play 2D, the 3DS is tiny compared to DSi XL.

Really sucks that 3DS games can't be used on non 3DS system, I wanted Zelda remake but until Nintendo comes out with reasonable priced 3DS XL, I'm sticking with my older DSi XL.

Same, in regards to Zelda. However, I have the Zelda collection disc for the 'cube, so I'm not missing too much. Having it portable would be nice, though. It's not as though the regular DS couldn't have done it, however.

Also, for the remake of Starfox 64. Especially after that painfully disappointing Starfox Command on DS. Or Adventures on 'cube, or the other one on it that I can't recall the name of. The one where it promised a return to spaceflight, and instead, you got 3 flight levels, and 7 ground ones.

Edited by DocEss

If the williams pinball collection has new pinball tables, I will buy it asap.

Sorry to burst people's bubbles but the 3DS Williams Pinball collection only has seven tables...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8465910

"Play seven of the best and most demanded Classic Williams tables all in brilliant 3D including: Pin-Bot Black Knight Space Shuttle Gorgar FunHouse Taxi And Whirlwind."

Still, this is the kind of game that really benefits from 3D so if/when I eventually get a 3DS in the new year, I'll be getting this collection ... again (I already have it for both Wii and PS3).

Luckily, Marvel Pinball will be coming to 3DS eventually as well.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1183852p1.html

To answer the original poll, I "might" get a 3DS now that it is cheaper but I'll be waiting till the new year to see if some newer version comes out that has better battery life (a critical problem with the current 3DS) and also I am really hoping they make the unit nicer in appearance. the current 3DS almost looks as ugly as the original DS model. Besides, so far only SFIV is of any interest to me. I can afford to wait and see what happens.

The price drop is a step in the right direction though.

Still, this is the kind of game that really benefits from 3D so if/when I eventually get a 3DS in the new year, I'll be getting this collection ... again (I already have it for both Wii and PS3).

Yes, but... 3D only on one screen, which can't be rotated due to the screen polarization? It's going to be super-janky.

Yes, but... 3D only on one screen, which can't be rotated due to the screen polarization? It's going to be super-janky.

Don't forget on Zelda for 3DS, try using look feature while in 3D. As you move the 3DS to look around, you'll quickly lose 3D focus quickly. Gotta turn it off, look around, then turn it back on.

Rotation? If you mean upside down, the 3D screen actually works when viewed upside down.

Quick note to everybody who suffers from migraines/seizures/pukes/arterial rupture/has a miscarriage when viewing the 3DS: You can disable the 3D effect with a simple switch.

Then what's the point?

Games.

Rotation? If you mean upside down, the 3D screen actually works when viewed upside down.

What? No... what.... Sideways, man. Like a pinball table. What would be the point of turning it upside down?

Quick note to everybody who suffers from migraines/seizures/pukes/arterial rupture/has a miscarriage when viewing the 3DS: You can disable the 3D effect with a simple switch.

Then what's the point?

Some people can't see 3D (which I know a few people who can't), the same way some people are colorblind.

The switch isn't just an on/off switch, it adjusts the 3D strength. You'll still see the 3D, but it won't hurt your eyes as much.

I've also noticed that sometimes the screen will hurt my eyes depending on the lighting of the room, or how tired I am, etc. I usually can't play the 3DS in 3D when I first get up in the morning, as it stings a little.

Ever since I've had the 3DS, I think it has "improved my vision" a little. I used to get eye strain when staring at a computer monitor for too long, but I've seen that problem slowly go away ever since I began using the 3DS. The 3D screen makes your eyes work twice as hard, and it isn't used to doing so that much. However, it's different for everyone.

Then what's the point?

Games.

What? No... what.... Sideways, man. Like a pinball table. What would be the point of turning it upside down?

I saw it in the Williams Collection video, when it showed Pinbot...

I know what you mean, though. You can't really use the thing sideways anymore. But why have it sideways in a pinball game?

I Am seriously considering it. I would have gotten it today since I was forced to use all my Best Buy reward zone points because they were expiring but the price drop hasn't happened yet. Star fox, new mario, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, and several DS games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet are all reasons I'm looking into it. It would probably be a Christmas gift for my son (if he still wants one by then), I just wouldn't know what to do with my DSi XL that I got him last year.

I Am seriously considering it. I would have gotten it today since I was forced to use all my Best Buy reward zone points because they were expiring but the price drop hasn't happened yet. Star fox, new mario, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, and several DS games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet are all reasons I'm looking into it. It would probably be a Christmas gift for my son (if he still wants one by then), I just wouldn't know what to do with my DSi XL that I got him last year.

You should've asked if they'd do a partial refund later if the price drops within a couple of weeks, since it does.

I just wouldn't know what to do with my DSi XL that I got him last year.

Keep it! :D Keep the XL for regular DS games, yes I know the 3DS can play them too but why bother. :P

Whatever the case I wouldn't want to get rid of a XL at this point, but that may be just me. If XL versions of the 3DS or other future platforms don't come out, I can see it becoming a wanted item.