IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

$406.78 for a Slurpy box

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1115287047571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=111528704757&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I gotta admit to being the fool that paid the extremely steep price for both the Slurpy box and manual. :skull:

I have been chasing after this box/manual or CIB for a number of years now and seeing as it is the very last CIB that I need to complete my U.S. releases collection, I just couldn't let another one slip through my hands. What really killed me was earlier this year there were two Slurpy CIBs that were listed as BINs and sold moments after they were listed on eBay... one for the ridiculously low price of $40 IIRC and another for almost as ridiculous $100 IIRC. The funny thing is I tapped out on the box only that OriginalPSP sold last month for $354 once it went past $225 thinking to myself that these bidders are nuts and then I go and pay $52 more.

If it wasn't the last one that I needed, I would have tapped out on this one as well once it went past $225, but I just had to finish this CIB endeavor before year's end and couldn't bear to see another one slip through my hands. At least now there are only two more U.S. variations that I need that shouldn't break the bank when and if they become available because I think I'm finally through throwing this kind of money around. Well, at least until a CV POP Kiosk or similarly ultra-rare item shows up.

ED: Dang. I should have waited to post this until after I receive the package so as not to jinx myself. I prey that the seller doesn't ship it in a padded envelope!!!!

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 5

I gotta admit to being the fool that paid the extremely steep price for both the Slurpy box and manual. :skull:

I have been chasing after this box/manual or CIB for a number of years now and seeing as it is the very last CIB that I need to complete my U.S. releases collection, I just couldn't let another one slip through my hands. What really killed me was earlier this year there were two Slurpy CIBs that were listed as BINs and sold moments after they were listed on eBay... one for the ridiculously low price of $40 IIRC and another for almost as ridiculous $100 IIRC. The funny thing is I tapped out on the box only that OriginalPSP sold last month for $354 once it went past $225 thinking to myself that these bidders are nuts and then I go and pay $52 more.

If it wasn't the last one that I needed, I would have tapped out on this one as well once it went past $225, but I just had to finish this CIB endeavor before year's end and couldn't bear to see another one slip through my hands. At least now there are only two more U.S. variations that I need that shouldn't break the bank when and if they become available because I think I'm finally through throwing this kind of money around. Well, at least until a CV POP Kiosk or similarly ultra-rare item shows up.

ED: Dang. I should have waited to post this until after I receive the package so as not to jinx myself. I prey that the seller doesn't ship it in a padded envelope!!!!

Or worse, just slap an address label and a stamp on the box and send it your way! Someone did that to a ColecoVision console I bought once. Taped the box shut and put the shipping label and postage right on the box.

• Like 2

I thought that was likely you. I knew you were wanting a copy of this badly! Was the price you paid ridiculous? Yeah, but in your case I can understand it more than most cases. If that was the last one I needed to complete my CIB, you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Congrats! Hope it arrives in nice shape for you.

• Like 2

Well I guess I feel a little less the idiot then...

Not my auction, but if the eventual winning bidder get's it at $50, that's actually not too bad a price even for a loose reproduction cart especially for people that aren't active on here and know who to ask for custom made items such as this.

I'd be on the fence for this one if I didn't already have one with a different style label that I think was made by CBS-eColeco and probably overpaid for that one. Still looking for a box for that one.

I'm totally happy for you... Enjoy!!

• Like 1

I would have done the same thing Jim :) Good for you man! Now we need to see some updated pictures of your collection :grin:

• Like 3

Just I was going to ask why you still were searching for Slurpy.

Congrats on completing your collection! :)

And don't worry too much, I've got two boxes from OriginalPSP and he ships very carefully wrapped.

Just I was going to ask why you still were searching for Slurpy.

Congrats on completing your collection! :)

And don't worry too much, I've got two boxes from OriginalPSP and he ships very carefully wrapped.

The seller of the Slurpy box was not OriginalPSP.

I did buy a box from OriginalPSP, so between that purchase and holiday gifting, I was not in the bidding for very long. I'm not sure if a Slurpy box in open auction like this would ever slip through the cracks, but it will be interesting to see if other boxes or boxed copies appear. The ones that have shown up seem to be going into collections and not being resold/flipped.

Thanks for putting that terrifying image in my head ValkerieSilk!!! :mad:

Considering Slurpy is one of the worst games made for any system IMO, this box and manual better show up at my door in the exact condition that it was pictured on eBay considering what I had to pay for it. To think that I originally bought Slurpy back in 1984 or early 1985 at KayBee Toy Store for $7 and it was in a large box on a pallet with all other kinds of Xonox games being blown out for next to nothing. If I only had the foresight to buy the entire box of games and store them away for 30 odd years, but back then no one wanted them as can be evidenced by the store employees putting it out front of the store where people could have just grabbed what they wanted and walked away.

• Like 1

I actually like slurpy. I got hooked on it when we played it in HSC one year.

It can be addicting just like any other game when you get the hang of it. Most of the other XONOX games I am not too fond of though.

I've never played a Xonox game... Just have them on display ... Never knew they existed as a kid, guess I should try them out...

xonox.jpg

• Like 5

I've never played a Xonox game... Just have them on display ... Never knew they existed as a kid, guess I should try them out...

xonox.jpg

OMG! :o :o :o :o

Man, I want to be like you when I grow up! :)

These rare games should be locked under 7 keys and with a dragon in custody! :D

Sorry I don't have time to see if this has been mentioned, it only has about 30 minutes left. Advertised as unopened ColecoVision and high bid is over $300.

Look at pic 4 there is no way that flap got crumbled up like that without it being opened. Sone glued that box shut and the buyer is getting screwed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-Vision-Video-Game-System-Unopened-/171576001565?pt=Video_Games&hash=item27f2ba041d

Sorry I don't have time to see if this has been mentioned, it only has about 30 minutes left. Advertised as unopened ColecoVision and high bid is over $300.

Look at pic 4 there is no way that flap got crumbled up like that without it being opened. Sone glued that box shut and the buyer is getting screwed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-Vision-Video-Game-System-Unopened-/171576001565?pt=Video_Games&hash=item27f2ba041d

Actually to me it looks like it could be water damage and then of course it still wasn't opened but was sitting in water. Of course that is not any better for someone paying all that money.

$406.78 for a Slurpy box

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1115287047571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=111528704757&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The Slurpy box and manual arrived safe and sound (just like they looked in the eBay auction pictures) and the loose cart that I've had fits perfectly inside... it finally has a home! So with that said, my U.S. Legacy Releases collection is...

COMPLETE!!!

Time to tack a break and let it all sink in as well as let the ole' bank account recoup after 3 1/2 years of chasing all these CIBs down. I blame Yurkie for getting me started on collecting CIBs after buying his CIB collection to get the ball rolling on this endeavor... THANKS BUDDY! :thumbsup:

• Like 11