IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Some notable completed auctions:

Lot of 50 boxed games: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107339369051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110733936905&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] 960.00!!!!

Lot of 21 boxed games: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107365281421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110736528142&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] 230.00

Boxed Complete Console only: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3207443182171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320744318217&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] 215.00

Adam Dragons Lair boxed game: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508802609311?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250880260931&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] 89.00

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

I guess there won't be any more "GOOD DEALS" on eBay with the word being spread! :x Ah, who am I kidding, usually the only time one can catch a break is if the person put's there item(s) up as a "Buy It Now" and you happen to come across it first.

Good idea Revolutionika.

We use a thread like this for Intellivision, I have found that all of us already know when the rare games are on. Like me, im sure you guys search Ebay daily looking for the games you need. It is more like a community discussion thread as well...

http://www.atariage..../page__st__1325

Like you said, there really isnt any 'good deals' unless it is a buy it now. :D

Every once in a while i get a good deal in another country though....

And Cmart has another place to brag about all the games he wins....:ponder: :D

Edited by revolutionika

Some Fireman Proto released game that Looks like a taiwan Cooper game. I guess this was released trhrough AA. He links the for sale thread.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2306683343501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230668334350&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Fireman by Nice Ideas (Mattel programming house in Nice, France back in the day) was a tremendous find a couple of years ago by ColecoNut and he demonstrated it at ADAMcon (was it AC 21? There is a YouTube video available). He and CollectorVision worked together to produce in the ballpark of 75 cartridges that QUICKLY sold out. They also produced a box in the Taiwan Cooper style with a short description of the gameplay on the back, but there were even fewer boxes produced and no manual was ever made for it.

This Fireman CIB is one of my prized possessions! :D

post-25956-0-31656700-1315160803_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-82695100-1315160808_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-28272300-1315160813_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-46494200-1315160818_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-99365600-1315160830_thumb.png

post-25956-0-95812800-1315160837_thumb.png

post-25956-0-87766900-1315160841_thumb.png

post-25956-0-83322700-1315160845_thumb.png

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

The screen shot looks cool, i will try to find the youtube vid of it. I never even knew this game existed!

It will be interesting to see how much this cart goes over the original 30$ price it sold for right here on AA. :)

fireman starts at 8 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7igfsHSKSQ

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

The screen shot looks cool, i will try to find the youtube vid of it. I never even knew this game existed!

It will be interesting to see how much this cart goes over the original 30$ price it sold for right here on AA. :)

Now that's taking the bull by the horns, nice job finding the video! I'd have to say the seller of the Fireman cart will be very pleasantly surprised with the winning auction bid.

Now that's taking the bull by the horns, nice job finding the video! I'd have to say the seller of the Fireman cart will be very pleasantly surprised with the winning auction bid.

What do you think it will end for?

Anyone near Cincinati, Ohio? http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/vgm/2559184989.html console with stack of games for 25

You gotta love those kind of For Sale ads, you know, don't feel like fooling around/testing the thing... just give me my $25 and it's your problem because "I" know the damn thing doesn't work and I'm too lazy to bother F'in around with the thing. Geez, it takes longer to turn on the computer, log-on to CraigList, type up a lame sales message and post than it does to hook up the system and turn it on. God forbid you have to run to Radio Shack to buy an RF-to-Coax Adaptor for a few bucks because you might burn-up $25 in diesel driving your tractor from the barn into the big city and back.

Sad thing is, even if all the carts are commons, those alone could fetch at minimum around $100. As they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Hope the buyer makes a nice buck flipping everything or possibly keeping the stuff and joining us all on here.

What do you think it will end for?

Seems like there are a couple new heavy hitters collecting CV stuff and following eBay religiously so it's hard to say what they may push this auction to if they need the game. I would say a fair price for the loose cart would be $100, but the way some of these auctions for rare items have been going of late, this could end up around $150-$175.

Here's a couple of "Collecovision" controllers. USA only so I'm out of it:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306089630331?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330608963033&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sometimes people don't know how to write Coleco(vision) correctly (same goes for Commodore -> Commedore, Commadore etc.), so I often do a search for Colleco or Collecovision on various auction/selling sites. I got myself a nice and very cheap CV set recently that way - simply because nobody else seemed to have noticed it :)

Here's a couple of "Collecovision" controllers. USA only so I'm out of it:

I have yet to truely understand shy so many sellers limit there eBay ads to US only. I'm in Canada, right on the same continent, and most of the US only sellers I contact refuse to ship outside the US. Is it that much more difficult to ship to Canada? Or is it just that every country outside of the US is renowned for trying to fleece every US seller so best stick to home! I would have thought that sellers would want to widen their sales area as much as possible to maximise the final bid.

Sometimes people don't know how to write Coleco(vision) correctly (same goes for Commodore -> Commedore, Commadore etc.), so I often do a search for Colleco or Collecovision on various auction/selling sites. I got myself a nice and very cheap CV set recently that way - simply because nobody else seemed to have noticed it :)

Good call - I'll add some of these to my searches :D

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

I have yet to truely understand why so many sellers limit their eBay ads to US only. I'm in Canada, right on the same continent, and most of the US only sellers I contact refuse to ship outside the US. Is it that much more difficult to ship to Canada? Or is it just that every country outside of the US is renowned for trying to fleece every US seller so best stick to home! I would have thought that sellers would want to widen their sales area as much as possible to maximise the final bid.

There have been US-only auctions since the early days of eBay, with sellers wanting to keep things simple where shipping is concerned, even if it meant losing some money in the process. But today, I would tend to blame eBay's way of doing things for this phenomenon: Take buyer feedback details that include shipping fees (reasonable or unreasonable?) and shipping delays (how fast was the item shipped?) coupled with the laziness of sellers towards using online rates calculators (and towards adding proper insurrance to their packages), and add to that eBay's own rates calculator which can be inaccurate with destinations outside the US, and you've got a recipee for sellers to say "screw this, I'm sticking to the lower 48 states".

The golden days of eBay where people would go on bidding wars over trinkets are (mostly) over. People today just want low prices, and when eBay provides faulty shipping quotes, which the seller is obligated to correct AFTER the end of the auction so that he doesn't get screwed over by the US postal service, it ruins the buyer/seller experience. And it doesn't help that shipping fees get more and more expensive every year. So even if buyers outside the US (more especially canadian buyers) are willing to pay the actual shipping fees, it's still a risky hassle for sellers to ship outside the US, now more than ever.

Edited by Pixelboy

Sealed Dina 2 in one Colecovision console. SOLD 425.00

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006212015731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200621201573&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Wow! Another un-enlightened buyer... sorry to say. You can buy a brand new/boxed Dina 2-in-1 from Atari2600.com for $119.95! Talk about doing one's part to try to resuscitate the economy. :?

We should rush over there and buy them all up!!!! :D

j/k

I cant believe how much some sealed systems go for. It is across all systems too.

I have yet to truely understand why so many sellers limit their eBay ads to US only. I'm in Canada, right on the same continent, and most of the US only sellers I contact refuse to ship outside the US. Is it that much more difficult to ship to Canada? Or is it just that every country outside of the US is renowned for trying to fleece every US seller so best stick to home! I would have thought that sellers would want to widen their sales area as much as possible to maximise the final bid.

There have been US-only auctions since the early days of eBay, with sellers wanting to keep things simple where shipping is concerned, even if it meant losing some money in the process. But today, I would tend to blame eBay's way of doing things for this phenomenon: Take buyer feedback details that include shipping fees (reasonable or unreasonable?) and shipping delays (how fast was the item shipped?) coupled with the laziness of sellers towards using online rates calculators (and towards adding proper insurrance to their packages), and add to that eBay's own rates calculator which can be inaccurate with destinations outside the US, and you've got a recipee for sellers to say "screw this, I'm sticking to the lower 48 states".

The golden days of eBay where people would go on bidding wars over trinkets are (mostly) over. People today just want low prices, and when eBay provides faulty shipping quotes, which the seller is obligated to correct AFTER the end of the auction so that he doesn't get screwed over by the US postal service, it ruins the buyer/seller experience. And it doesn't help that shipping fees get more and more expensive every year. So even if buyers outside the US (more especially canadian buyers) are willing to pay the actual shipping fees, it's still a risky hassle for sellers to ship outside the US, now more than ever.

Points taken but I still don't see how it's that much effort to not use the rate calculators and specify the shipping/handling manually - is it really that the sellers are too lazy? That said though, I am very grateful to those sellers that do make the effort and ship outside the US.

• Like 2

I've sold a 10 or 20 items to outside the US, and one of the things that is a pain to me is to drive 15 miles each way to the post office because of custom forms, Driving to the post office I have to use $7-$8 in gas (how do I recoup that money?), and then stand in line for 10 minutes. If I mail within the US I can print the postage, and drop it in a mailbox and I'm good to go. I basically would have to make $10 more on an item going out of the US to make it worth while.

• Like 1