IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I was thinking that it's a bummer any of this has become about the money (I'm no less guilty) rather a revisit to happier days ... our childhoods (let me have it now, I can take it)....

What's interesting about this comment is that I don't mind spending the money, as long as it's a fair deal, and I actually do it to revisit the happier days!

I appreciate the explanation, but I'm sure you can understand why I posted what I did. I don't like being taken for a ride. And yes, you were bidding against me on the Death Race also, so when I saw what you wrote, it really made me concerned that's exactly what was happening.

Just so you know I am about done on my value of death race

Back in 2006, Direct4Games in the UK was blowing out Telegames' old stock, and before they got prickish about things you could get some really good deals; they were selling CBK:PS for 9.99 GBP (or about $20 then).

And I completely missed it at the time despite buying a bunch of stuff from Telegames UK before then - agh!! If anyone has one they're looking to offload then I'm interested.

I have added a bunch of rare ColecoVision games and other items to eBay for those interested. Trying to simplify my collection. More items will be added tomorrow. You can check them all out here.

Added more rare items. This time my custom Mario Bros. and Smurf Challenge controllers as well as a complete in box Power-Stick for the ColecoVision (although the latter is not working). Check them out at the link above.

Added more rare items. This time my custom Mario Bros. and Smurf Challenge controllers as well as a complete in box Power-Stick for the ColecoVision (although the latter is not working). Check them out at the link above.

Wow, I didn't know the Power-stick came in a box, I assumed it came in a plastic clamshell. If you could remove the price sticker, I'd ask you to scan it for me, so that I may make a trading card with the scan eventually. :)

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't know the Power-stick came in a box, I assumed it came in a plastic clamshell. If you could remove the price sticker, I'd ask you to scan it for me, so that I may make a trading card with the scan eventually. :)

I'm pretty sure the sticker will come off with lighter fluid. I'll give it a go and if it works will send you a scan.

@Ikrananka

Glad that I won your Penguin Land auction. Actually I forgot about it and was surprised I won it ;)

I think a lot of people got the re-release from colectorvision and don't realize this is the first release with like 25 - 30 copies. Collectors like me who would have bid on it might already have them. It is pretty cool.

Will be fun to watch this

I've been collecting ColecoVision CIB by company. So far I have Atarisoft and Parker complete. I started chasing Imagic this year. I think I might call it quits on vintage when I'm done with them. It's been a fun ride, but the prices on Imagic stuff are batshit insane. Sometimes I feel it would be a better solution to just buy the Telegames version of T. Tennis and ask Phattyboombatty or Crapahute to come up with a standard silver Imagic box for it.

If that auction goes for less than a SuperSketch, I'll be surprised.

I've been collecting ColecoVision CIB by company.

Funny, for the CIB I've been doing the same thing. I really like getting the more traditional style US Coleco boxes (with the arcade machine or something like Smurf), the AtariSoft and the Activision ones, but I've had little interest in any of the others. Probably because I didn't own them as a kid. I think the only thing I've been going after for a complete collection is loose carts. But my CIB OCD has certainly been by company as well.

We were a 2600 family growing up and the neighbor kid had an INTV. The first two games I had for the 2600 were Frogger and Empire Strikes Back, so I guess it makes sense that I gravitated towards Parker stuff.

Collecting CIB by company definitely curbs the crazy though. You always have a white whale to chase after. :)

• Like 1

I've been collecting ColecoVision CIB by company. So far I have Atarisoft and Parker complete. I started chasing Imagic this year. I think I might call it quits on vintage when I'm done with them. It's been a fun ride, but the prices on Imagic stuff are batshit insane. Sometimes I feel it would be a better solution to just buy the Telegames version of T. Tennis and ask Phattyboombatty or Crapahute to come up with a standard silver Imagic box for it.

If that auction goes for less than a SuperSketch, I'll be surprised.

It will definitely go for less than Super Sketch, these have come up a decent amount over the years. They usually go between 300 - 600 depending on the bidding war.

The reason they come up more is because people can tear the sticker off the Box and bam it becomes a colecovision box. All Imagic did was add a sticker to make it for the other systems. It is a uncool to do it but people have been doing it a lot. I have one where someone did that because the instructions are wrong and one correct one with the good instructions. The only way you can tell if it is the real deal is that the instructions have something specific for colecovision but usually they never show the inside of the instruction booklet for you to see.

• Like 1

The reason they come up more is because people can tear the sticker off the Box and bam it becomes a colecovision box. All Imagic did was add a sticker to make it for the other systems. It is a uncool to do it but people have been doing it a lot. I have one where someone did that because the instructions are wrong and one correct one with the good instructions. The only way you can tell if it is the real deal is that the instructions have something specific for colecovision but usually they never show the inside of the instruction booklet for you to see.

I kind of think think is exactly why something like this isn't as appealing to me. I really like the CIB stuff that is uniquely "ColecoVision" at it's core. But then again, I'm still new and have a lot left to collect so maybe when I start running out of things to add to the collection... :P