IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Wow! Those are cool. Do they "feel" like real ColecoVision controllers? How did he get the molds and everything for them?

They are re-purposed original ColecoVision controllers. At the simplest level they were refurbished and dyed among other things. Details can be found as follows:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/146832-pre-order-custom-donkey-kong-donkey-kong-jr-cv-controllers/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/131859-custom-pac-man-ms-pac-man-colecovision-controllers/

I have ended the auctions for the two controller sets - private deal struck with an AA member.

Wow! Those are cool. Do they "feel" like real ColecoVision controllers? How did he get the molds and everything for them?

They are indeed the beige ADAM Hand Controllers that were used seeing as dying something light is a lot easier than dark. DoubleDown also extended the controller shaft and the ball knobs are considerably larger than those used by Yurkie.

The DoubleDown controllers are without a doubt my favorite controllers to use on the CV or ADAM... although I rarely use them so as to keep them in as good of shape as possible. I did end up selling my Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man controllers, but will not part with the DK controller set.

If you got the money to spare, make the effort to at least get one of these sets.

I have ended the auctions for the two controller sets - private deal struck with an AA member.

I'm sure the person made a very handsome offer that you accepted, but it would have been interesting to see these auction run their coarse as I think you would have gotten more... especially during the sales frenzy leading up to X-Mas.

I'm sure the person made a very handsome offer that you accepted, but it would have been interesting to see these auction run their coarse as I think you would have gotten more... especially during the sales frenzy leading up to X-Mas.

There's always the possibility of getting more on eBay but then again it can be a lottery with auction style listings. I did strike a deal that, in my opinion, would likely have matched eBay - but then again who knows. I'm glad they're at least going to a great AA member who is serious about collecting and preserving all things CV.

BTW - do you remember how much your Pac-Man set sold for?

I ran it up! whoever I was bidding against if it was a a real bidder or not it got ridiculous so I am not ashamed to admit I bid it up...I hope the owner wasnt playing games and someone wanted it that bad. So I am out of thy bidding.. enjoy

I'm the owner and I can assure you that I don't play those games.

It's ganna hit 400!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3218391023361?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321839102336&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm so bummed on this. Death Race was the first arcade game I ever played and it has a very special place in my heart. I got the O2 version and am waiting on the Vectrex version. I was hoping beyond hope that someone would do a CV version not realizing this existed already. I would have even gone 100 to get it but this is rediculously out of my reach! ?

What's the story behind this Death Race cart? Is it a homebrew? I didn't know such a thing existed. Stupid me. Just read the auction description, which explained everything.

I ran it up! whoever I was bidding against if it was a a real bidder or not it got ridiculous so I am not ashamed to admit I bid it up...I hope the owner wasnt playing games and someone wanted it that bad. So I am out of thy bidding.. enjoy

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. When you say "I ran it up", are you saying that you bid with the sole purpose of driving up the price without an intent to buy at your bidding price?

Edited by goldenegg

Isn't that like really not cool to do?

glad someone got the sketch!

Wow, I also now see from the bidding history that it looks like you "ran up" the Super Sketch. So thank you for making that Super Sketch Super Expensive for me even though you probably have no intent to buy. Kind of think this dude is really on my "not very cool" list at the moment. (I'll post some screen shots below where you can see both names bidding up the items)

Maybe you've watched one too many episodes of "Storage Wars."

From the Super Sketch auction:

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 20.56.55.png

From the Death Race auction:

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 20.57.02.png

EDIT: Looks like he also bid up a copy of Juno First:

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 21.00.31.png

EDIT: And a Championship Ice Hockey:

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 21.04.32.png

Did you have any intent to buy any of those games, or were you just purposely raising the price because you think that's fun?

EDIT: I apologize if I sound like I'm being too accusing, just going off what the guy said above, and then looking at a bunch of auctions, including ones I was involved in where the bidding history looks suspect, especially reading the words "bid it up" and "I'm not ashamed to admit it," I, too would kind of like some explanation about what he meant.

• Like 1

Oh man - that one is still on my want list. I'd have paid $400 for it :-D :-D

Back in 2006, Direct4Games in the UK was blowing out Telegames' old stock, and before they got prickish about things you could get some really good deals; they were selling CBK:PS for 9.99 GBP (or about $20 then).

They are re-purposed original ColecoVision controllers. At the simplest level they were refurbished and dyed among other things. Details can be found as follows:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/146832-pre-order-custom-donkey-kong-donkey-kong-jr-cv-controllers/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/131859-custom-pac-man-ms-pac-man-colecovision-controllers/

wow after seeing death race go for crazy money you should have left those controllers out there. I don't understand the whole side deal thing. I am betting you may have seen a sky rocket price. I know if I didn't already have both sets I would have paid huge money.

• Like 2

I hope it is a language thing, ran it up around here means you are screwing with people to inflate prices without any desire to ever buy the item. It is totally not cool and everyone will be very pissed at you. Hopefully you mean you just wanted it and can't go higher.

• Like 1

What's the story behind this Death Race cart? Is it a homebrew? I didn't know such a thing existed. Stupid me. Just read the auction description, which explained everything.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. When you say "I ran it up", are you saying that you bid with the sole purpose of driving up the price without an intent to buy at your bidding price?

No I was gonna buy it at first. I thought I was being drivin up. So I stopped the bidding thinking that whoever put it up to bid on was fake bidding against me.

No I was gonna buy it at first. I thought I was being drivin up. So I stopped the bidding thinking that whoever put it up to bid on was fake bidding against me.

So you had every intention of buying the Death Race and all the other titles that you were bidding high on and then dropped on someone at pretty close to the last minute? Because I'll be honest, the Super Sketch one looks REALLY sketchy. The fact that you bid it up high against me, and then dropped it on me with 3 minutes until the end of the auction with only a $5 difference looks super suspect, especially with your language above "I'm not ashamed to admit it" just makes it sounds like you're doing something not right, I'm sorry.

• Like 1

So you had every intention of buying the Death Race and all the other titles that you were bidding high on and then dropped on someone at pretty close to the last minute? Because I'll be honest, the Super Sketch one looks REALLY sketchy. The fact that you bid it up high against me, and then dropped it on me with 3 minutes until the end of the auction with only a $5 difference looks super suspect, especially with your language above "I'm not ashamed to admit it" just makes it sounds like you're doing something not right, I'm sorry.

If you ask troy whelan... he will tell you I pay. and pay well..I will pay as soon as auction over...I want the games..but if i feel i am being scammed I will stop. The sketch pad I wanted no doubt about it. but when it went too high I backed off.. so no worries there... my pockets are deep but not gonna be taken for a ride. BTW I am currently the high bidder for death race..chill kids.

If you ask troy whelan... he will tell you I pay. and pay well..I will pay as soon as auction over...I want the games..but if i feel i am being scammed I will stop. The sketch pad I wanted no doubt about it. but when it went too high I backed off.. so no worries there... my pockets are deep but not gonna be taken for a ride. BTW I am currently the high bidder for death race..chill kids.

I appreciate the explanation, but I'm sure you can understand why I posted what I did. I don't like being taken for a ride. And yes, you were bidding against me on the Death Race also, so when I saw what you wrote, it really made me concerned that's exactly what was happening.

On rare and super rare items such as the ones mentioned above, we all know full well that there will be a HEAVY price to pay to acquire them... more so if they show up on eBay versus private sale.

The best remedy to any funny business with auctions is to set a price in your mind that you are willing to pay and then enter this bid amount of your's with a couple seconds left or use a bidding service. There is no point as far as i'm concerned in placing bids as soon as an items shows up and then keep placing bids over numerous days.... you are just running up the price yourself.

Try this, make an early bid at a low price so that the seller knows there is interest and then wait for the final seconds to enter your best bid.

You can also check with coleco_master when items like this show up to see if he can custom make such item.

• Like 4

I appreciate the explanation, but I'm sure you can understand why I posted what I did. I don't like being taken for a ride. And yes, you were bidding against me on the Death Race also, so when I saw what you wrote, it really made me concerned that's exactly what was happening.

I understand..sometimes a little liquor and posting makes me confusing..lmao

• Like 1

On rare and super rare items such as the ones mentioned above, we all know full well that there will be a HEAVY price to pay to acquire them... more so if they show up on eBay versus private sale.

"The best remedy to any funny business with auctions is to set a price in your mind that you are willing to pay" and then enter this bid amount of your's with a couple seconds left or use a bidding service. There is no point as far as i'm concerned in placing bids as soon as an items shows up and then keep placing bids over numerous days.... you are just running up the price yourself.

Try this, make an early bid at a low price so that the seller knows there is interest and then wait for the final seconds to enter your best bid.

You can also check with coleco_master when items like this show up to see if he can custom make such item.

I'm so bad at that ...

The best remedy to any funny business with auctions is to set a price in your mind that you are willing to pay and then enter this bid amount of your's with a couple seconds left or use a bidding service. There is no point as far as i'm concerned in placing bids as soon as an items shows up and then keep placing bids over numerous days.... you are just running up the price yourself.

I was thinking that it's a bummer any of this has become about the money (I'm no less guilty) rather a revisit to happier days ... our childhoods (let me have it now, I can take it)....

I was thinking that it's a bummer any of this has become about the money (I'm no less guilty) rather a revisit to happier days ... our childhoods (let me have it now, I can take it)....

It's a shame that this all the hobby has become for a lot of folks. Money (or who has the most of it) is all that matters. Of course that's the world in its essence today unfortunately I guess.