IGNORED

The Official AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2011

the.golden.ax

I'm sending mine out now for arrival in the middle of next week. I don't have a complete last name for the recipient, so I hope the USPS is OK with what I used. I thread-stalked on AA first and saw that he had generously sprinkled recent posts with suggestions, several of which were filled by raiding my collection. I topped it off with a little shopping.

Wow!!

Just recieved my SS package today and it is amazing! Thanks SS, and I also like the awesome artwork which includes the top ten things to do with sports carts. Being from MN, I will use option #8 (windshield scraper) for ESPN Sunday night NFL (the only sports game you sent).

I also see my SSR recieved his....However I now feel I may have short changed him after geting mine.

ssatariage.jpg

Wow!!

Just recieved my SS package today and it is amazing! Thanks SS, and I also like the awesome artwork which includes the top ten things to do with sports carts. Being from MN, I will use option #8 (windshield scraper) for ESPN Sunday night NFL (the only sports game you sent).

I also see my SSR recieved his....However I now feel I may have short changed him after geting mine.

Good lord, I think I might have to send a second package. I feel like a cheap bastard now.

• Like 1

Wow, that was quick! I did not expect to see mine until next week. I got very nice CIB Shinobi III and Batman Returns along with a loose Home Alone for snes. I already have Batman Returns but it is missing the instructions and definitely not in this good of shape! Thanks mysterious Nashville resident :-D .

Wow!!

Good lord, I think I might have to send a second package. I feel like a cheap bastard now.

See how you feel with the other hand, sometimes that does the trick.

AX

• Like 1

Thanks to my secret santa and the great colecovision games. Once I get my game room back together this weekend I'll try them out. Apologies for being vague in my wishlist but you did a great job cheering me up today. Also many thanks for the gamestop gift card.

I finally got the rest of what I was waiting on so i'll be sending out my gift tomorrow. Hopefully you'll get it in time to enjoy it over the holidays.

Wow!!

See how you feel with the other hand, sometimes that does the trick.

AX

Well, I guess that is not an unexpected twist, considering who said it. :)

I wouldn't worry too much man. There's always the chance of someone going overboard on these kinds of things. Especially if they're really good at scoring good deals on stuff.

BTW-- what's the thing that looks like a photo of a cat in the box?

Let me guess: that was supposed to be the "gift" but then SS was discouraged by all the posts written here and decided to unbox the cat at the very last minute and send Rockin' Kats instead! :P

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. :lolblue:

So I was out ALL day playing Santa for the kids. I got home and there was my SS package waiting for me :) So after I filled the wife in on my day of shopping. Then I had a chance to open it up. A Box of Runts was on top. As I started going down through the box I got a good laugh when I pulled out the 14.4k external modem and the SCSI card :) Then came the c64 stuff. A new monitor cord, two 5 1/4 disk cases with 5 disk in each, and a Choplifter! cart that I didn't have. AND there was money! Anyone else have their SS give them international change? Euro, Peso, all kind of coins. A very neat and unexpected surprise from Santa. I dig the Egyptian coin.

A very pleasing end to a crazy day fighting the crowds. Thank SS l****t :P

B

post-29567-0-79805500-1323567144_thumb.jpg

This has happened before, and it will all happen again.

Ha Ha Ha, mine just got here. Okay... a little back story. Last year, I got a Snowbot from my SS. For those that don't know, this thing is a usb powered Cylon robot. Think frosty the snow man meets one of those lovable Battle Star Galactica robots bent on taking out humanity. Last year I didn't get the joke. I'd never watched BSG. Being a Sci-Fi fan having watched just about every other geeky sci-fi show over the years, when it appeared on Netfix last month my wife and I started watching it while working. YESTERDAY was the final three parter (the BSG done in the 2000's) I'd forgotten about the Snowbot from last year, and just put it out. We nearly died laughing when it did the signature cylon noise. Then we get my SS package today. The last thing in the box... it was the right shape, my wife said it... "if that's another snow..." as I tore it open. She nearly peed her pants. We were hysterical, another Snowbot to join the Cylon invasion this one has a little beard. Together we hope they will find peace on Earth and start a new family. :D

I also got several other noteworthy items, a Lemmings shirt that fits me! Candy... mmmm, a PS2 game from my want list, a 360 poster, and several various toys, all nicely gift wrapped.

Thanks Santa!

AX

• Like 1