IGNORED

[VECTREX] Time Pilot on Vectrex...! Fabulous...

lucifershalo

I can't even remember what the arcade version of this game is like, but damn, this port looks pretty impressive. Unreal. Not to take away from the skill of the programmer, but I didn't realize the Vectrex was so capable.

Is that music based on the original game? It almost reminded me of that one theme from the movie Top Gun.

The game, music, effects are all based on Time Pilot

True the game sound effects and music are close to the original, but the music that plays at the end of the game is different to Time Pilot, and sounds like Harold Faltermeyer's Top Gun anthem. I think its a witty touch by the programmer.

The developer added his own touches to the game while staying true to Time Pilot. What the player gets is somewhat of a "Time Pilot Deluxe."

Got my copy today (as well as Vectrexians), and it's just breathtakingly beautiful, especially with the overlay in place. The game itself seems like loads of fun, but honestly it's also a work of art -- my girlfriend and I enjoyed just watching the attract mode for a couple minutes. I'd call this an absolute must-own.

Will you stop talking about how incredible this is!!!!!

I just can't spend $70 on a game right now....

Aarrghhh!!!!

I know, I could stop reading....

But I CAN'T!!!!! AAARRRgggghhhh!!!

Can't you PRETEND that you don't like it??? PLEASE! :-)

:-( :-) :-( :-)

desiv

(Man that looks great!!)

Will you stop talking about how incredible this is!!!!!

I just can't spend $70 on a game right now....

Aarrghhh!!!!

I know, I could stop reading....

But I CAN'T!!!!! AAARRRgggghhhh!!!

Can't you PRETEND that you don't like it??? PLEASE! :-)

:-( :-) :-( :-)

desiv

(Man that looks great!!)

Sorry Desiv, just cant do it. This game is fantastic! Great packaging, graphics and gameplay. Easily one of my favorites! Hey, at least you know what to ask santa for!

Sorry Desiv, just cant do it. This game is fantastic! Great packaging, graphics and gameplay. Easily one of my favorites! Hey, at least you know what to ask santa for!

Dang you!!..

er.. Santa??

It is getting close-ish to Christmas isn't it?? Hmmmm...

I can't justify spending that on my hobby for a game, but my wife might..

Something might have just made it onto my (not yet created) wishlist....

desiv

(hi score is 99100 - just missed an extra ship - ARGH!)

This game's pissing me off - even on the Easy setting. My previous high was around 140 or 150 before I erased the high score table. Now my high on the table is 106K.

Hi score is now 104800 on medium difficulty.

Easy Medium Hard.... usually score around 90-95K. I've got to stop running into planes / bombs / bosses to score points... :? (and usually just before being awarded another ship (life) :_( )

• 1 year later...

Anyone ever tried the Tail Gunner mode hidden in the game? Click here to see how to access it (at the bottom of the post)

I tried seeing if there was footage on YouTube but couldn't find any and the video on that link above just shows the regular game.

I'm dying to get Fury's Tail Gunner but it's probably a long way away so maybe I'll get Vector Pilot instead and have two for the price of one. But it depends on what that mode plays like. Can anyone upload some footage of it?

'Tailgunner mode' is a new mode, not the game "Tailgunner". Just that instead of shooting from the front of your ship, you shoot from the tail. Making the game more challenging.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh okay sorry my mistake. Given other games are hidden in other titles I thought someone had made an Easter Egg. No worries.

Has any one had the "it is not easy to find me" pop up when they turn the game on? I have no idea what it was or why it happened.

Yes I have seen this, and I too was wondering what causes it to show some times and not others. I have seen the same graphic with two different text messages, one of which is the one you quoted and the other I can't remember. The "other" text would come on directly AFTER a game over.

... When I was trying to get this graphic to show again I ended up resetting the high scores. After that I ended up seeing it a few more times.

For me that graphic is a stand-out on the game. As fun as the game is, I don't particularly love the in-game graphics. (The color is great though.) ... But once I completed all of the levels, and saw the ending animations, I was completely convinced of Vector Pilot's beauty. If you haven't beaten the game, and if you like this "it is not easy" graphic, you have GOT to play through and see it!!! Trust me it is awesome and you should be motivated to play for it, (plus you unlock a new playable air craft in the process). I've already done it once and I can't wait to do it again.