IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

The Xbox 360 update is out now so the new tables should work.

Thanks. I like the new menu.

I had a pretty nice pile of points card money waiting to spend on their pinball games, but it took so long that I eventually spent most of the money on other games over the years. I was down to 12 bucks, so I only bought add-on two pack #18 (Haunted House/Tee'd Off) for 5 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh.

I was so happy to finally see tables arrive on PSN, heck I leaped at the chance to finally get Adam's Family.

And now that Jack-Bot and Xenon are out ........ PSN is back to the bad old days of being left in the dust.

So I guess I better like Adam's Family cuz at this rate it's going to be 2016 before I can play Xenon.

• Like 1

I hope they do Paragon too. There was a poll a while back. Paragon was a nose ahead of Xenon before Xenon took the lead and won. I voted Xenon for the playfield art and smexy vocals but I want both. :love:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/9402-Top-3-Showdown-Farsight-s-Official-Pre-1980-Poll

Oh, if anyone buys the Addams Family ball pack, one of the balls grants "special" abilities! :grin:

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is Farsight stretched too thin? Apparently they released a bug in a patch this week that made all of the PS4 tables playable for everyone regardless of whether people had actually purchased said tables. Didn't take them long to fix that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3eauth/pinball_arcade_update_all_tables_across_all_4/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm so my eyes lit up last week when I spotted Xenon, Cyclone and Jack*Bot appear for sale on PSN via my PS4. Excellent!! So I then fired up my PS3 where all my other tables are and no dice. According to the Far Sight forums the new tables should be released on PS3 "next week". Well ... here we are a week later and still nothing.

Have the dropped support for PS3? If so I'm gonna be ticked off. I refuse to rebuy all my tables for PS4.

The 360 and XB1 are just as far behind, so I doubt it.

While most platforms wait to catch up to varying degrees due to being multiple tables behind, the final season 4 table has appeared in the form of Safe Cracker (Bally, 1996) for the PC.

How long usually between seasons? Never paid much attention before, but I assume next month?

Edited by Atariboy

Season 4 is complete now with the addition of Safe Cracker. And my Ouya got day one updates, and ability to play with a real gamepad (I use PS3). They got sold to Razor recently, so I'm gonna hold off on Season 5 until I know for sure I can transfer my purchases. Rumor has it the first table pack of season 5 will be a good one:

High Speed II: The Getaway! :D

Edited by stardust4ever

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest update from Farsight claims that the five remaining tables for Season 4 should be released for PS3/Vita on October 2nd. Single release date for five tables to save on PSN submission costs.

They've also stated that they're still planning to port Season 5 to PS3/Vita... eventually.

An official announcement on Stern Pinball's Facebook page today stated that there will be a new version of the Pinball Arcade released by FarSight, dubbed the "Stern Pinball Arcade" and it will focus specifically on Stern games, modern ones in particular from what I can tell.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10153614747494244:0

• Like 1

An official announcement on Stern Pinball's Facebook page today stated that there will be a new version of the Pinball Arcade released by FarSight, dubbed the "Stern Pinball Arcade" and it will focus specifically on Stern games, modern ones in particular from what I can tell.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10153614747494244:0

Maybe we'll be able to play the new KISS pinball table!

The Stern agreement will be interesting. Will we see the day a real table + the digital counterpart released at the same time? I hope this unlocks potential for bringing over Stern's older titles(going all the way back to Stern Electronics), SEGA & Data East pins.

I'm betting licensing agreements that they make with whoever(Marvel, KISS, etc) are going to be souped up for having digital versions of said pins being made.

Same day release digital tables would definitely be cool. Hopefully this means Farsight will be able to include all of the Stern tables from the last 15 years that are all highly rated according to Pinside. I was kind of wondering what Farsight was going to do after Season 5. If they kept going further down the list of tables they hadn't done the tables were just going to get crappier and crappier without something like Pinball Arcade: The Stern Collection.

• Like 1

Definition of good & bad tables are subjective. I can't stand Bride of Pinbot, but oddly enough it's the only table I completed all the achievements(wizard & regular) wtih. And it's a highly rated pin. I say bring on the obscure tables from Bally, Williams & Gottleib & lesser-known American companies.

I'm hoping ASK Homework goes beyond the Zaccaria tables & recreates the really obscure Euro 80s tables that never get seen stateside.