IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I bought Adams Family for my 360 last year...So I thought it was still being supported.

It is... Now. The 360 initially required a "publisher" for indie games, so TPA used Crave Entertainment as a publishing platform. Crave were also responsible for the console disc releases of Pinball Hall of Fame prior to the modern TPA platform. Crave filed bankrupt some time ago and TPA's royalties from digital sales got tied up while the company was in bankruptcy court. During this time period, new table releases stopped coming to Xbox 360 and Pinball Arcade app was eventually pulled from the Xbox Live Marketplace altogether. Fast forward several years, and Farsight finally rereleased their TPA app on Xbox 360 to coincide with their Xbone announcement. Despite now being an independent publisher, the old TPA app was still tied up with defunct Crave entertainment, so people who originally purchased the Pinball tables when TPA first released on 360 were either stuck with the outdated versions with no updates or had to repurchase the new ones from Farsight. A lot drama and butthurt went down on Pinballarcadefans and a lot of fans got hosed big time because of the debacle with 360 and the Crave bankruptcy. If you downloaded them in recent years after the app was rereleased by Farsight, then you weren't affected.

More like recent months, since it's only been well under a year since it returned.

And as for original purchases not carrying over to the relaunched Pinball Arcade app, that isn't true. I wasn't sure but was pretty skeptical since such a move should've created quite a stir yet I never saw a thing, so I went looking and it didn't take long at their forum to find posts confirming this from last May when it reappeared.

So if you're having troubles there, perhaps try deleting everything and redownloading.

Edited by Atariboy

perhaps try deleting everything and redownloading.

Just a warning on that suggestion, both myself and a buddy have found on PS TV and PS3 that if you uninstall / re-install Pinball Arcade you're going to lose your DLC until FarSight patches it again in the future. I made a video below showing it happening on PS TV and my friend advised me just a few days ago that he got back all his PS3 DLC when Far Sight pushed their recent patch.

Uninstaller Beware!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk5RaKnLqj8

More like recent months, since it's only been well under a year since it returned.

And as for original purchases not carrying over to the relaunched Pinball Arcade app, that isn't true. I wasn't sure but was pretty skeptical since such a move should've created quite a stir yet I never saw a thing, so I went looking and it didn't take long at their forum to find posts confirming this from last May when it reappeared.

So if you're having troubles there, perhaps try deleting everything and redownloading.

FTR, I don't actually own a 360, but just going on what people were saying in pinballarcadefans forums.

Uninstaller Beware!

Glad they got PSTV fixed, but what a fiasco!

• 2 weeks later...

Pinball Arcade for the Wii U was shown in today's Nintendo Direct broadcast.

Lookin' good!

Slightly off-topic, I had a full-circle moment today that involved both pinball and Atari.

A friend and I were chatting about Zootopia. The conversation then drifted to pinball, and I mentioned I'd been playing a lot of Elvira's two tables in The Pinball Arcade. Then I mentioned how her first table had been video-ized before, in Pinball Jam for the Atari Lynx. Then I remembered how the other table in Pinball Jam, Police Force, featured a pair of carnivorous police critters. Back to Zootopia!

Williams had Disney beat by about 27 years. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just dawned on me....no DC Comics tables for Zen Pinball???

Think there ever be any?

I doubt it. Think it's a coincidence Zen has both Marvel and Star Wars? DC and Marvel will never pair up. Unless Disney buys out DC, but I think their plate is full atm... :P

At least Disney is taking the Star Wars and Marvel properties seriously, and not babifying the movies... ;-)

Any way to play top down tall oriented on the tablet version of this?

Short answer is no. Someone asked the developers at one point if they would support pinball "cabinets" like this one. The answer was they were considering it. Cabinet support would require, among other things, a top-down view.

Hey guys! I didn't know this existed! So glad to find this thread. I've been playing the 3DS collection and the Wii PHoF. So cool to have access to so many classic tables! Any way to play top down tall oriented on the tablet version of this?

Short answer is no. Someone asked the developers at one point if they would support pinball "cabinets" like this one. The answer was they were considering it. Cabinet support would require, among other things, a top-down view.

PC version supports cabinet support with dual monitor, I think.

PC version supports cabinet support with dual monitor, I think.

While Farsight has developed a cabinet version of their software it won't see the light of day any time soon because of their deal with Stern to release a stand alone app with current Stern pinball releases.

There was a guy doing a mod as a work around but I haven't been reading pinballarcadefans enough recently to know the status of that one.

• Like 1

Bride of Pinbot is Sexy. So is Xenon. They may be one trick ponies butthat doesn'tbmake them bad. Bride of Pinbot is also the only table I completed all the Wizard goals. Billion point shot was epic! :grin:

I downloaded the latest update this past weekend and it broke "Bride of Pinbot"... The camera stays focused on the launch tunnel until the first ball has been lost... no matter what...

This is on Vita BTW..

Looks like table pack # 49 will be Last Action Hero... hopefully they won't have to edit the images of Arnold on the table/backglass.

Farsight also mentioned that the next four table packs will be available on PSN next week. Maybe. When they release, PSN will be caught up to pack # 47 (Hurricane). Maybe.

I attempted to update TPA app on my Ouya to get the latest table from the Good Friday newsletter #49 and there was no notification icon to update the app. Farsight seems reluctant to port the game over to Forge Cortex despite their continued support of Ouya platform. Why I have no idea but it's really grinding my gears they no apparent desire to continue this platform on Cortex. I don't want my decision to purchase of all five seasons on Ouya to become digital paperweights... :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

I just freaking impulse spent $130 on season passes #1-4 before the game even finished downloading. It is unbelievable how good these tables look on my Gamepad! :lust: And I suddenly have little desire to go back to playing on my Ouya. Difference is night and day. Also the flippers are much more responsive on Wii-U as they never completely fixed the lag issues with Ouya, even when using Sony controllers...

I scored the billion point shot on Bride of Pinbot first night playing. I got so caught up I didn't even notice the big wheel spinning. And I'm now one Wizard goal away from unlocking tilt mode... :cool:

• Like 1

I might have asked this before, but I can't find it. Are you PS4 users seeing an improvement over the PS3/Xbox 360 versions? Do the games look more realistic or is it still looking kind of fake? I'm asking this because it's getting closer to the time where I might be getting a PS4.