IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

Arcooda have finally released info on their virtual cabs: https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com/arcooda-pinball-cabinet/Standard edition is $4000, pick it up in Chicago...hmm...

Road trip?

road-trip-2.jpg

If you can afford $4000 to blow on a pinball, you can afford to pay someone to freight ship it. Or rent a Uhaul and get it yourself... :P

• Like 1

Sure, I can afford one, but do I need one? That's the real question. Chicago's only a few hours from here, BTW.

I think I'd be better off just buying a new PC monitor. The one I'm currently using is 1680x1400 or something like that, and TPA expects 1080p, so there are some slightly annoying visual artifacts in the downscaling process.

Edited by Asaki

• 2 weeks later...

I bit the bullet and purchased season 6 on the PS3 on Thursday as well. I absolutely loved playing Pinball Arcade on my PS3 from seasons 1-4. The, what felt like forever, delay for season five had me sadly lose interest with them. I kind of think I bought the final season on the PS3 to be a compleationist, but I hope to get into the world of digital pinball once again, cause seasons 1-4 are some of my favorite gaming memories ever.

If a person already owns TPA on Steam they can still get to the store page to buy seasons but it's not searchable in the store.

On the Xbone I downloaded TPA and got Tales of the Arabian Nights for free since they haven't updated the app but none of the tables are buyable in the Xbox Store even if they're not from Bally/Williams. I'm guessing people will still be able to get Tales from the Arabian Nights until they patch the apps. Will be interesting to see if it vanishes on me after they patch it since I got it after 6/30.

I don't believe anyone gets to keep it for free. It's supposed to switch over to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

One has had to have bought the season one pack in some form or the core/launch package in order to be able to keep it.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

While probably not out yet for the XB1 (They are for the PS4) and not exactly new, AC/DC, Star Trek, and Mustang have now joined Pinball Arcade as expected. All three are modern Stern tables that were previously exclusive to Stern Pinball Arcade.

Hopefully some fresh additions aren't too far off.

Took several days longer than planned, but Sony finally pulled it all down today.

Farsight is also going to be fixing the pricing nonsense with these three new Stern tables. $10 to buy individually in Stern Pinball Arcade, but they're spread across both Stern Pack 1 (Star Trek and AC/DC) and Pack 2 (Mustang). Both of these packs cost $20 to buy.

The former isn't a problem since you're only out $20, so even though an up to date Pinball Arcade fan will already own the other 4 tables included, you're still paying the same price. But when such an individual buys Mustang, you're in essence paying $20 just for a single table.

So they're going to be making Mustang available as a standalone $10 purchase. And no word on if they intend to allow owners of these in Stern Pinball Arcade to ever get them free in Pinball Arcade (And I haven't heard if they work like previous TPA purchases did, which were cross-buy and unlocked the SPA version of the same table for free).

Edited by Atariboy

Looks like they've delisted all of the new table packs for PS4 Pinball Arcade today too. Wonder if that was by accident or if they're going to reorganize them as part of offering Mustang separately?

I have SPA on a retail disc, so even if they eventually allow cross-buy on the three exclusive tables I wouldn't be eligible. Hopefully they offer some discount bundle for the three SPA exclusives. The whole incentive of bundles is to reduce the price... not pay $10 per 'new' table and re-purchase a bunch of tables that you already bought.

• Like 2

Granted I haven't actually bought a pack to confirm (Farsight has gotten enough money out of me for a while), but no sign of any removals on the Wii U. Can still trial tables, still shown the option to buy Bally/Williams content, and I'm taken to the page to add credit when I attempt to proceed.

I suspect Nintendo/Farsight are a bit behind here, which is surprising to me in light of how quick they pulled everything on the Switch when the rights holder threatened them.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Was able to buy the pro upgrade for Scared Stiff on the Wii U yesterday. Farsight became aware that the Wii U eShop was still a thing a couple of weeks ago, but I guess haven't considered disabling Bally/Williams purchases a priority.

Okay with me. :)

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3