IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2012 (Season 5)

Magnavox Odyssey 2

Speedway/Spinout/Cryptologic: 5 mins

Volleyball: 5 mins

Las Vegas Blackjack: 10 mins

War of Nerves: 10 mins

Alien Invaders Plus: 10 mins

UFO: 10 mins

KC Munchkin: 30 mins

Mayhem: 30 mins

Mattel Intellivision

Burgertime: 10 mins

Tron Deadly Discs: 10 mins

Here are my times for this past week (April 30th through May 6th)...

Atari 2600:

GoSub - 4 min.

Commodore 64:

Space-Pilot II - 440 min. in 6 sessions

Online (non-eligible):

Police Pursuit - 13 min.

The main game I played this week is "Space Pilot II" on the Commodore 64. This game seems to be matched to my current skills, and I got noticeably better at it, but didn't beat it yet.

Then I replayed an online game named "Police Pursuit" just to remember what it was, and I tried the Atari 2600 game "GoSub" because its maker, Atari2600land, now works on a G-7000 / Odyssey^2 version of it, but is currently running into coding difficulties.

Other than that, I tried to emulate the Videobrain computer, but although I ran some games, you can't really call that "playing" because the emulation still is somewhat broken, and I didn't know how to properly operate the games, so I don't list those times.

My times for the week:

Atari 2600:

Bi! Bi! - 5 min.

Skindiver - 3 min.

Game Boy:

Casper - 48 min.

Qbillion - 268 min.

N64:

Pilotwings 64 - 583 min.

Beat two games this week: the Game Boy shovelware title Casper, and the terrific N64 launch title Pilotwings 64 -- though I'm not quite done with the latter. Comments here and here, respectively.

Otherwise I made progress in Qbillion, including getting past a ferociously difficult pair of puzzles that took several hours to figure out. I've reached the #91-100 block of puzzles (and solved the first two of those), so with 120 puzzles in total, I'm in the last quarter of the game's main mode.

Finally I messed around a bit with Skindiver and Bi! Bi! These are essentially the same game, but the latter version is ruined by a (re)programming error that introduces a game-breaking obstacle in the second level. I was hoping to find a way to glitch past it, but no dice.

• Like 1

Sega Saturn:

Shining Wisdom - 45 min.

Atari Jaguar:

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure - 150 min.

Most likely dosen't count ( released feb of 2000)

VM Labs NUON:

Merlin Racing - 125 min.

Tempest 3000 - 20 min.

OMG, you have a NUON? I didn't even know what one was, until I looked it up just now. How is Merlin Racing?

Edited by BillyHW

Its a lot like Atari Karts (same maker) but with weapons. Has some crazy story in it about how need to save Merlin (the magician) by racing for keys. Some Evil witch has imprison him and its up to a bunch of cute animals with karts to save him. Its fun and I like it. My only real problem with it and other Nuon games is you can't save and need to use password to continue on.

Edited by twoquickcapri

My times for the past week May 1st - May 7th

All times are approx. but as accurate as I can get without literally timing myself

Intellivision:

Lock N Chase - around 1200 minutes (Still trying to get past level 9. I swear it's impossible)

Utopia - 120 minutes

Astrosmash - 30 minutes

Nova Blast - 30 minutes

H.E.R.O. - 60 minutes

Ms Pac Man - 30 minutes

Defender - 10 minutes

Edited by flammingcowz

I'll be posting the weekly summary later tonight -- a big work project kept me busy yesterday (and through the night!).

Intellivision:

Lock N Chase - around 1200 minutes (Still trying to get past level 9. I swear it's impossible)

confused0052.gif

Wow!! You're made of sterner stuff than me -- that game drives me batty.

• Like 2

I'll be posting the weekly summary later tonight -- a big work project kept me busy yesterday (and through the night!).

Intellivision:

confused0052.gif

Wow!! You're made of sterner stuff than me -- that game drives me batty.

Yeah, I play it with my dad and we can waste hours in that game.

Here's the summary for Week 18, running from April 30 - May 6. We logged 6762 minutes of eligible play, playing 59 games on a total of 19 systems.

Top 10:

1. Lock 'n' Chase (Intellivision) - 1200

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 1016

3. Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean (Sega Saturn) - 930

4. Pilotwings 64 (N64) - 583

5. Space Pilot II (C64) - 440

6. Qbillion (Game Boy) - 268

7. Klax (Atari Lynx) - 210

8. Civilization (PC (DOS)) - 180

9. Congo Bongo (Arcade) - 170

10. Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Atari Jaguar) - 150

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Lock 'n' Chase (Intellivision) - 1200

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 1016

3. Space Pilot II (C64) - 440

4. Congo Bongo (Arcade) - 170

5. Utopia (Intellivision) - 120

6. Berzerk (Atari 5200) - 105

7. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 90

8. H.E.R.O. (Atari 2600) - 60

8. K.C. Munchkin (Odyssey^2) - 60

8. Mayhem (Odyssey^2) - 60

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1518)

2. Intellivision (1470)

3. Sega Saturn (975)

4. Nintendo 64 (583)

5. Commodore 64 (440)

6. Atari Lynx (330)

7. Game Boy (316)

8. Arcade (260)

9. PC (DOS) (250)

10. Odyssey^2 (200)

Wow, this has to be one of the biggest weeks we've ever had! Lots of large numbers put up, but in the end the Intellivision port of Lock 'n' Chase takes the top spot overall, though the Atari 2600 just barely holds off the Inty on the system charts.

Great diversity, too -- every game in the main top 10 is on a different platform. I'm not sure if that's ever happened before.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week, May 7th through 13th...

Atari 2600:

Muncher - 2 min.

Space Rocks - 10 min.

Odyssey^2:

GoSub - 3 min.

TI-99:

Demon Attack - 5 min.

I have to admit that I didn't play much at all this week because it has been a very busy week. On Tuesday, I went to a meeting of people living in rented flats by Sozialbau, on Wednesday there was a meeting at work in the afternoon and the monthly TI-99 meeting (that's where I played Demon Attack), on Thursday and Friday there was hot weather, so I went swimming, and today was Mother's day, and we did Karaoke at home.

"Muncher" is some kind of homebrew, but I can't recall what it does exactly. "Space Rocks" is a new homebrew Asteroids clone which has come a long way. GoSub is a WIP, an Odyssey^2 version of the Atari 2600 game by the same programmer. There's not too much there yet, only 4 mazes where you have to reach a chest with a submarine that doesn't stop when you center the joystick, and isn't allowed to touch the walls. Finally, Demon Attack is the TI-99 version of one of Imagic's most successful games. In the 5 minutes, I made the "boss" on the first attempt, so I didn't play again.