IGNORED

Need some C 64 games

Starscream

Nothing beats the real deal.  You guys know there's an XE1541 cable for the C64 that's like the sio2pc except that's it's parallel.

Cool software and a place to buy the cable or just get schematics:

http://sta.c64.org/

Yep, I've got mine, works flawlessly... helpful since I have like 600+ disks. Now I need to find some new DS DD 5.25" disks so I can write some of the newer stuff.

Brian

Well, I'm not real good with all that mumbo jumbo.......but if it ends up being my last shot, then you guys will be getting plenty of questions :)

no problem, just ask away :)

It's really easy to use, connect the cable to your PC and then to your C64, load your hard drive with .c64 images, then start the starcommander software. Pick a game you want to load (I hear Henry's House rocks ;) ) and then boot your c64 and type load 8,1 and you are all set.

yeah, it has a turbo mode so you can get rid of your Fast Load cart ;)

here's a snip from the intro to Star Commander:

The Star Commander is the ultimate DOS shell that can handle the image file formats of the C64 Software Emulator (© by Miha Peternel, 1994-1997), CCS64 (© by Per Håkan Sundell, 1996-2002), Personal C64 (© by Wolfgang Lorenz, 1994-1997) and VICE (© by the VICE Team, 1993-2002), it copies files and disks between the PC and a Commodore 1541/1571/1581 drive, optionally in turbo mode, and also converts several popular Commodore archive formats. It is a comfortable, user-friendly and fast giftware program with online help and is very similar to The Norton Commander

You fibber.  

Emulators can only play disk images.

LOL. Grrrrrrrr.

I'm pretty sure this is the one I use.

http://www.computerbrains.com/

Very Very sweet to turn your PC into a C-64. I was finally able to get thru Bruce Lee with this sucker. (No I didn't cheat!!!) OK yes I did.

Yep, I've got mine, works flawlessly... helpful since I have like 600+ disks.  Now I need to find some new DS DD 5.25" disks so I can write some of the newer stuff.

Should have asked that last week, I had a box of 50 unused DD/DS 5.25"s up on eBay :roll: