IGNORED

What is your All-Time favorite Atari 8-bit game song?

Gunstar

It has to be a song or jingle from an actual game, theme/title song or in-game, it doesn't matter, but from an actual Atari game. If you can link the song or game or whatever so we can all here it that would be great.

Don't forget new and old games. Pick one favorite, but feel free to mention any "honorable mentions."

I'll wait to post my all-time favorite, I want to hear from others first. I will say that I came up with the idea for this thread while playing International Karate (World Karate Champ).

Edited by Gunstar

Hall of the Mountain King from "Peer Gynt" in the game Mountain King

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=uMHZv6eC4G0

Great song, and perfectly legit to qualify as an Atari game song, though that's a classic composition (I forget who the composer is off-hand), which is probably why it's an appealing song to you, it's a famous composition.

Edited by Gunstar

Ballblazer, the original version of Spelunker before it was sold to Broderbund, Drol, M.U.L.E., Ninja, Elektraglide

I'm not sure if I knew there was more than one version of Spelunker, but maybe I did and forgot. Is the original version with the great song available for download? (I'll look for one on the regular sites)

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-spelunker_20402.html <-- this one.

Ballblazer, the original version of Spelunker before it was sold to Broderbund, Drol, M.U.L.E., Ninja, Elektraglide

I'm not sure if I knew there was more than one version of Spelunker, but maybe I did and forgot. Is the original version with the great song available for download? (I'll look for one on the regular sites)

http://www.atarimani...nker_20402.html <-- this one.

Yeah, I found it. It turns out that I used to own the original, I'd never seen the Broderbund version before. I do prefer the original's musical score, but it was fun to see the animated Broderbund intro, and if I'd never heard the original song, Broderbund's ain't bad.

Oh, warhawk, how could I forget that...

And credit to the wonderful conversions of Rob H tunes that he didn't actually do on the Atari unlike warhawk..

Rob H a gaming music legend, saw him at many of the old commodore shows but never spoke to him even tho he sold me my crazy comets at the show :)

As said, he's a legend UNTIL you hear him actually speak, its so hard to believe he's responsible when you hear his ultra strong Geordie accent and listen to the way he talks...Honest have a listen..

Edited by Mclaneinc