IGNORED

Vectrex Animaction Cart Wanted

gliptitude

I'm trying to get my hands on Animaction for the Vectrex. Box and manual are not neccesary.

There is one on sale for $65 + shipping on ebay, more than I am willing to pay. I might pay $40. Also have some other Vectrex stuff for trade, CIB games. For straight trade I'd consider LNIB Berzerk or Rip Off. LNIB Spinball is available, but more valuable than $40 to me. Some other CIB games in less than like-new condition. Possibly straight trade my converted vectrex SNES pad. Ask if interested!

See the forum thread with my screen name in the title for some reference on my dealings on here.

I have been prototyping a new game for the Vectrex using (in addition to hand drawn concept images and text) Art Master video demos of the gameplay, which I video tape and then send to the programmer for review. It's hard for me to imagine that there are very many people getting as much use out of Art Master as I have been getting. However, there are some pretty significant things I could do with Animaction that I can't do with Art Master, so I need your help!

Yes I'm aware that his newest cart supports Animaction rom, but he is sold out and not taking new orders. I certainly intend to buy from him (for this and other purposes) and have already talked to him and gotten on his list. No idea when he will be selling again though and I am looking to move forward right away.

He's having troubles obtaining cart shells from his supplier apparently, he was willing to sell a board only version to the Overlay Repro maker, not sure if that's open to everyone. That said, I have an animaction that I would be willing to part with for $40 shipped. Please pm me if you're interested, I can send some pics to you.

Thanks for replies guys. PM sent to PsychedelicShaman.

Does the vecmulti use a standard GCE cartridge shell? I've actually got an empty, never used shell at home. I figured I might have a use for it at some point.

No Desfeek it's not Battlezone. It's an original game of my design. We intend for it to have a unique overlay, which I am in charge of producing and which will make it kind of a pricey title (unfortunately custom screen printing and die cutting is a pretty big deal). Can't tell you anything more right now. I'll let you know when there is an official announcement, which could be soon. Could be 8 months to a year before it is released though.

... I don't know if you saw my thread asking for damaged GCE overlays? The screen printer needs these to experiment with. If you have any you might sell me cheap please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

He's having troubles obtaining cart shells from his supplier apparently, he was willing to sell a board only version to the Overlay Repro maker, not sure if that's open to everyone. That said, I have an animaction that I would be willing to part with for $40 shipped. Please pm me if you're interested, I can send some pics to you.

No word yet...he says he'll notify me when he's got more in the pipeline.