IGNORED

What Genesis game are you playing right now?

MagitekAngel

I've been playing tons of Golden Axe 2 as of late. Hands down my favorite of the series on the Genesis (second only to the arcade: Revenge of Death Adder)

I just love the score of this game!

I recently purchased part 3 from Ebay. Can't wait to try this one and curious since this particular game gets a bad rap.

• Like 2

I've been playing tons of Golden Axe 2 as of late. Hands down my favorite of the series on the Genesis (second only to the arcade: Revenge of Death Adder)

I just love the score of this game!

I recently purchased part 3 from Ebay. Can't wait to try this one and curious since this particular game gets a bad rap.

Golden Axe II is seriously awesome for sure! Just the fact that you can turn around and throw enemies behind you after you grab them makes me enjoy this game way more than the original, and the variable magic use options are great too.

Today the misses and I have been playing through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, taking turns and switching off the controller between zones. It's probably my favorite Sonic game, and definitely her's. Sega Genesis: It's fun for the whole family! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Total domination in Joe Montana Football! A 240-0 butt whoopin over the computer! Raiders 240 Broncos 0!

Total Offense:

Raiders: 1,002 Broncos: -34

Passing Yards:

Raiders: 779 Broncos: -14

Rushing Yards:

Raiders: 223 Broncos: -20

Turnovers:

Raiders: 0 Broncos: 6 (5 fumbles 1 interception)

Sacks:

Raiders: 35 Broncos: 0

Completions/Attempts:

Raiders: 22/27 Broncos: 10/39

And Race Drivin' William Shatner is the Race Drivin' Champion!!

post-32978-0-61205000-1436385301_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-75339400-1436385316_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-69662000-1436385336_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-85311900-1436385351_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I play Afterburner 2 a lot as I wait for it to finally reach my house. I can't wait to play it on the actual console because emulation on my tv doesn't maximize properly. That said, the whole 32X thing .. ugh, I don't know .. It has so very few worthwhile games to me. I love the idea of playing Afterburner II on that, but that is sadly it. CD is slightly more attractive (though I won't get into that for price reasons)

Haven't been playing Genesis lately, been playing Saturn instead =(

It has so very few worthwhile games to me.

I fixed it for you.

Also seems like it's pretty rare to find one with all of the parts required to use it.

Although, if I could stumble upon a complete one cheap enough, I wouldn't mind having one, since the Everdrive supports it.

CD is slightly more attractive (though I won't get into that for price reasons)

I think the Sega CD is pretty awesome, although they definitely missed a golden opportunity for the hardware to support more colors.

Lots of cool games, lots of weird, innovative games, a few expanded cartridge games, weird FMV games, and some computer ports (some okay, some not so okay). Also it has Desert Bus.

I play Afterburner 2 a lot as I wait for it to finally reach my house. I can't wait to play it on the actual console because emulation on my tv doesn't maximize properly. That said, the whole 32X thing .. ugh, I don't know .. It has so very few worthwhile games to me. I love the idea of playing Afterburner II on that, but that is sadly it. CD is slightly more attractive (though I won't get into that for price reasons)

I know you said in another thread you're primarily a Genesis gamer, but you should look into getting it for the Saturn, either as part of the Sega Ages collection (complete with Space Harrier and Outrun) or, if you want, the standalone Japanese release.

I sold my 32X not that long ago. I was wanting to keep it for just 5 games, before I realized how stupid that way. Sold it, my model 2 Genesis, and my Sega CD and instead got a component modded model 1. I can't say I miss those systems, although I do miss Sol Feace CD, as the cartridge version's sound is kind of irritating.

I looked into Saturn (fleeting but a general glance.. I realize it requires a very in-depth look to find all the timeless games..) and just didn't find much that pulled me in. It's mostly the early 3D polygon things that aren't for me, unfortunately. The real reason I'm focused on Genesis and nothing else is because of the somewhat balanced price, fairly timeless graphics, and generally good music when the sound chip isn't butchered by developers! It's hard to find well-made 2D graphics unappealing. Alisia Dragoon, Castlevania, Streets of Rage, Rocket Knight Adventures (!!! amazing game), Valis III, and more.. are all so nice to look at, and they seem more complete in their art style.

Also Mega Turrican. As in, I'm playing Mega Turrican right now in the hopes that I will buy the real thing someday. Time to unpause and get back into it.

There are a number of 2D games on the Saturn, such as Rayman, Astal, Bomberman, Magic Knight Rayearth, Albert Odyssey, Symphony of the Night (though I vastly prefer the PlayStation version, even though the Saturn version has an extra level or something), Clockwork Knight (though it is ugly), and of course plenty of fighters, and shooters if you're into that. I'm with you on 2D sprites > polygons any day.

I looked into Saturn (fleeting but a general glance.. I realize it requires a very in-depth look to find all the timeless games..)

Yeah, if you're looking to own the actual discs, Saturn might not be the best console; all the really great games for it are also the most expensive.

Road Rash II in Emulation... Sucks using the arrow keys and keyboard buttons. Still love kicking the sh** out of Lawson and P.E. #1.

Ironically the best controller I have ever had for older emulation stuff at the pc is an SNES controller. Only about 20$ :) Here's a link to one ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Buffalo-Nintendo-USB-PC-Gamepad-Joypad-Controller-Design-in-Japan-/321614330267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae1b5399b

It's a bit of getting used to the controls if mapping to the genesis, but hey it has all the same buttons technically, just in different places.

OH! And I should add, only this specific one is good. The one that has "buffalo" on it. Every other one is awful with a D-pad that, as usual, has an unseen self-destruct function.

Edited by WeWantWaffles

I have one of these, it works pretty decent so far: http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Genesis-PC-USB-Cable-Sega/dp/B0080RAT42/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1436820070&sr=8-5&keywords=genesis+usb

They have a separate one for Atari controllers, but I can't see why they wouldn't work with this one (haven't actually tested it yet).

It feels a little weird to play NES/SNES with a Genny six-button, for some reason.

I definitely would appreciate one of those! I might get one sometime for if I want to record from the pc .. (idk how to record off a tv exactly, even though that'd look amazing with my upscaler box)

Also I wish I had more time to finish Mega Turrican xD Got to the Alien part of the game, lost all my lives on the train section because I didn't know how to cross a certain gap until I had only 1 guy left. Bah!

...idk how to record off a tv exactly...

Video capture card.

I've seen cheap "VHS to USB" kits at the store, but I can't imagine they work as well as the real deal.

Also I wish I had more time to finish Mega Turrican xD

Quit your job and practice, practice, practice.

That's how I got into the top 20 on Crazy Taxi.

Edited by Asaki

You don't capture from the TV, you plug your Genesis straight into the back of your computer.

I have an old ATi TV tuner that looks like this. Yellow is the component-in, audio goes to the line-in on your sound card. I'm sure there are newer ones that are much better, you'd have to look around.

95047634-260x260-0-0_ATI+ATi+eHome+Theat

Last night and today I've been playing the heck out of Truxton. I finally found a copy in really nice condition at a local game store yesterday, and I can safely say that it was worth every penny of the $40 I paid for it. Very cool game with great graphics, music, and some seriously outstanding (and really challenging) gameplay! :D

• 3 months later...