IGNORED

What Genesis game are you playing right now?

MagitekAngel

Seemed a little choppy at first but the more I played it the more fluid it seemed.

It's a lot smoother if you overclock your Genesis. The music and sound effects get a little glitchy if you don't use a custom crystal though (which I'm not). I usually just turn off the music and put on the Road Rash 32-bit soundtrack or something.

The Sega CD version is the best Road Rash, you get the sweet soundtrack without the cardboard cutout graphics the 3DO had.

However what am I playing?

A rotation of Alien 3, Abrams Battle Tank and LHX Attack Chopper.

Edited by Torr
  • Like 2

The Sega CD version is the best Road Rash, you get the sweet soundtrack without the cardboard cutout graphics the 3DO had.

I do wish the 32-bit version played the soundtrack during the races like the Sega CD version does. I don't mind the cardboard graphics though, the 16-bit version still has them, just a lot less of them, and at lower resolution and colors.

I don't mind the 16-bit version, but I really like the 32-bit one. I usually play the Windows version, since the framerate is super smooth, even though some of the graphics aren't as good (the sky/backgrounds are different, and the shadows aren't translucent).

I do wish the 32-bit version played the soundtrack during the races like the Sega CD version does. I don't mind the cardboard graphics though, the 16-bit version still has them, just a lot less of them, and at lower resolution and colors.

I don't mind the 16-bit version, but I really like the 32-bit one. I usually play the Windows version, since the framerate is super smooth, even though some of the graphics aren't as good (the sky/backgrounds are different, and the shadows aren't translucent).

I popped the Sega CD version in last night, wasn't too impressed. I guess it runs a little smoother than the Genesis version, but barely. And on top of that, you have all the 32bit elements shoehorned in to a system that can't do the "art" justice. I'll stick with the 3DO version.

I'm with Torr on Road Rash for Sega CD. I've played the rest, Sega CD is the best. Doesn't hurt any that I'm completely obsessed with Soundgarden, and the rest of the soundtrack. When the game came out for SegaCD, I don't believe that SuperUnknown had yet been released. Hearing it while racing really makes all the difference in the world to me. And with Sega's 6-Button arcade pad, you've got the best controlling Road Rash, with the best soundtrack. Graphics a bit of a let down but as a whole package it is #1 in my book, no question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

was playing Mrs Pac-Man & Predator 2, but had to send my non-TMSS unit in for modding - a friend on NeoGAF (who RGB modded my NES!) is installing a region switch and since he had the parts, an overclock mod as well, figure the option would be neat. it's my most-played system so i can't wait till it's back!

I keep bouncing between Out of This World and Biohazard Battle. Opposite ends of the gameplay spectrum, but both very fun in their own right. They're both very difficult for me, I might be missing something. Maybe I'm using the wrong ship in biohazard battle (I like using the top right corner ship, and pick up the orange powerup that is heat sinking lazers.) Out of this World is hard as I not only have to figure out where to go and what to do, but if I fail I have to replay the previous section over and over. I am to the point where I break out of the cage, and try escaping while shooting and getting shot at by lazers. Both very fun, and challenging, so I hope to get through them before moving onto other genny games :)

Last month, I was on an After Burner kick, playing After Burner 2, After Burner Complete on the 32x, and After Burner III on the CD..

last night and today, I've been playing Out Run games!

played a bit of the original Out Run, some Out Run 2019, and Outrunners...

I really wish there was a better port of Outrunners... the Genesis game is decent at best..

WHY has Sega NEVER offered another port of Outrunners? Saturn? Dreamcast? PlayStation 2 Sega Ages series? unlockable in Out Run 2 or Out Run 2006: Coast to Coast? PSN/XBLA download? 3DS Sega 3D remakes? ........NO LOVE for Outrunners :(

Edited by Sonic R

I've been using my Menacer for the last hour or two actually.

Enjoying Ready, Aim, Tomatoes & Pest Control.

Thinking of trying T2: The Arcade Game after this. It's funny, the games programming must effect how well the receiver 'receives' information, because with the pack-in 6 Game Cartridge all the games work beautifully whether you use the sights, scope or accu-sight. T2 on the other hand, you can only play with the accu-sight on, and it is pretty jittery. I can beat the game, but destroying EVERYTHING in Cyberdyne, the helicopter stage, and hitting the T-1000 in each eye and then with the M-70 Grenade is pretty tricky due to the cross hair flicking around spraying shots willy nilly. Then I have Corpse Killer on the Sega CD... the shots just register anywhere and everywhere, It's crazy. It should not say Menacer Compatible on the back, because it is NOT.

Edited by Torr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find a good strategy for Mona & Lisa is to stand still. When one comes jumping at you move a little if necessary to avoid being hit, but you don't always have to... and hit them with your back-attack when they land, almost always guarantees a hit.