IGNORED

Who's a definite on philly classic?

BeerGnome

Ugh, this would be so much easier if it wasn't wrestlemania weekend...I want to go for friday and saturday, and leave saturday night, problem being, 2 day passes are only for saturday and sunday. I could get away with just going saturday...but it'd still be a pain in the ass.

Anyhow, it looks as though I should be able to go ;p

Ugh, this would be so much easier if it wasn't wrestlemania weekend...I want to go for friday and saturday, and leave saturday night, problem being, 2 day passes are only for saturday and sunday. I could get away with just going saturday...but it'd still be a pain in the ass.

Actually that reminds me, I wanted to see if we could get a group together of AtariAge wrestling fans and all go to a sports bar Sunday night that would carry the show. I know you, Xot and I are all going to be at the Classic, so that would make at least three - counting my wife 4. That alone would be enough to get a table, order some good food and drinks, and have a good time - but in my view the more the merrier. :D

Actually that reminds me, I wanted to see if we could get a group together of AtariAge wrestling fans and all go to a sports bar Sunday night that would carry the show.  I know you, Xot and I are all going to be at the Classic, so that would make at least three - counting my wife 4.  That alone would be enough to get a table, order some good food and drinks, and have a good time - but in my view the more the merrier. :D

Save a seat for me. I know not of these sports bars that you speak of but sounds like a great time none-the-less.

Actually that reminds me, I wanted to see if we could get a group together of AtariAge wrestling fans and all go to a sports bar Sunday night that would carry the show. I know you, Xot and I are all going to be at the Classic, so that would make at least three - counting my wife 4. That alone would be enough to get a table, order some good food and drinks, and have a good time - but in my view the more the merrier. :D

I think we're going to be heading back Sunday night - which is too bad, 'cause there's at least one other rabid wrestling fan coming in my group. But, we'll see what happens then.

Booker better win back the Big Gold Belt.

Save a seat for me.  I know not of these sports bars that you speak of but sounds like a great time none-the-less.

You're in, Xot's out, and ubersaurus is unconfirmed - that still leaves a raiding party of at least four if uber's coming, also counting my wife. I'll have to scout around online and see which sports bars in Philly buy PPV, but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. :D

Save a seat for me.  I know not of these sports bars that you speak of but sounds like a great time none-the-less.

You're in, Xot's out, and ubersaurus is unconfirmed - that still leaves a raiding party of at least four if uber's coming, also counting my wife. I'll have to scout around online and see which sports bars in Philly buy PPV, but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out. :D

Well as long as I can getSunday night off from work (shouldn't bee too much of a prob) I think you can count the Chicky One and myself in for this lil WWE extravaganza, but we can talk me later. OR PM if you want

Well as long as I can getSunday night off from work (shouldn't bee too much of a prob) I think you can count the Chicky One and myself in for this lil WWE extravaganza, but we can talk me later. OR PM if you want

Rock on Shaun! Now this party's really getting hot. Since you're a Philly local, do you already know the best place to catch a wrestling PPV or do I still need to scout one out?

The best place to watch the PPV is in my basement.

And the only other place I know of we would have to book seats in advance. I can try making a few calls and seeing what is goin on in the Valley forge area, which is where it really is.

But I will look into this and report back in a few days, gotta go pretend to do some work now

The best place to watch the PPV is in my basement.

*laughs* Well that works too. Knowing my wife she'd actually be more comfortable watching it at somebody's house, and if we all chip in that's only a few bucks apiece to order. You don't mind accomodating a large group though do you? And if we have it at your place should we each BYOB and snacks?

And the only other place I know of we would have to book seats in advance. I can try making a few calls and seeing what is goin on in the Valley forge area, which is where it really is.  

But I will look into this and report back in a few days, gotta go pretend to do some work now

Wherever we go, I just hope nobody minds me screaming with happiness if Booker T somehow manages to wrest the title away from Hunter Horatio Hornswaggle. :D

Actually I dunno how well my house would work, seeing as how my basement isn't all that large. and the fact that I'm in Philly and at least a good 20 miles from the VF Convention Center. But I think if the gathering stays rather small we may be able to work out something. I'm also not sure about car-pooling and gettin everyone home.

As for BYOB we can work on that at a later time(tiny details).

So if we can work out a definate head count than I think I'll have a better idea of where we stand. Sound fair?

I won't be able to make it...I was plannin on my old man bein able to drive there (since he wanted to go to), but he started a new job which has him working 7 days a week, so I decided I'll save my money for cinci and the cge.

This does have an upside...I can make my friend's wrestlemania party, as well as the MCWA taping...I have to drop my world title to Sean "sonic boom" Muciek, as well as take part in the endurance match.

Actually I dunno how well my house would work, seeing as how my basement isn't all that large. and the fact that I'm in Philly and at least a good 20 miles from the VF Convention Center. But I think if the gathering stays rather small we may be able to work out something. I'm also not sure about car-pooling and gettin everyone home.

As for BYOB we can work on that at a later time(tiny details).

So if we can work out a definate head count than I think I'll have a better idea of where we stand. Sound fair?

So with ubersaurus dropping out, it's now looking like this: z28in82, SS, Chickybaby, Xot, MegaManFan and wife. A party of 6. If there are more than that I agree, we might want to go somewhere larger than your basement and/or closer to the Convention Center and hotel(s). We'll have to see who else is up to see Wrestlemania during the con. :D

Maybe Imissed something, which is very possible, but I thought Xot said he was bailin before 'Mania started? Anyway I'm sure we will figure out something

Indeed. Any word on local bars in or near the convention center and hotels that would have it yet? My wife brought up a good point - if Wrestlemania starts at 8 EST, it probably won't be over until after 11 EST and I'm sure more of us than just her and I will have a flight to catch the next morning; which means it's at least easier if we're close to home base to get 40 winks at our hotel rooms but doesn't strictly rule out the small basement scenario. :)

sorry guys I haven't had a chance yet. but since we are stayin close I'll have to do some more VF intensive searchin

Staying local is not a necessity really, just might be more convenient for all parties; which is why I mentioned it. Lemme know what you find. :D

• 2 weeks later...