IGNORED

RedRaider's Vectrex pr0n

RedRaider

reserved .. Vectrex #3 (NISB-NOS)

Are you going to open it or leave it sealed?

I opened mine, I know, I just totally devalued it by opening it but I wanted to play it and I got a decent deal so I figured why not :)

I'm seriously considering buying another sealed unit, then opening the unit that has the less aesthetic box of the two.

• Like 1

With all your vectrex hoarding you better get a Japan model for the line up....

post-9102-0-16501800-1336398954_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-29838700-1336398966_thumb.jpg

How cool is that!!

I want one, but never found one at a decent price. I guess a guy used to bring them to the MGC (reasonable priced) but I never saw any... :(

Does the title screen on a Kousukusen say "Copyright Bandai XXXX" unlike the Us and Euro model that say "Copyright GCE/MB XXXX"

reserved .. Vectrex #3 (NISB-NOS)

Are you going to open it or leave it sealed?

I opened mine, I know, I just totally devalued it by opening it but I wanted to play it and I got a decent deal so I figured why not :)

I'm seriously considering buying another sealed unit, then opening the unit that has the less aesthetic box of the two.

I hear you man, I know I devalued mine CONSIDERABLY by opening it but it's sooooo nice to have a MINT system to play on, not a scratch or speck of dirt anywhere, screen is nice and bright too, very cool :)

Are nitromikee's console boxes moldy/mildewy? I bought a few new games from him last year, and they smelled that way. The staples were rusted on some of the manuals.

My console was great, maybe a bit of a "basement" smell but NO mold or water damage, smell might even just be the games, they were a mixed bag, some good, some bad, some REALLY bad, lol

He gave me a great deal though so I'm happy :)

• Like 1

I miss mine. I restored my controller but wish I'd known about the euro controllers. Everyone who has had one of these seems to have had better luck with them. I just had a multicart to. I will collect this again someday you have inspired me to do so someday! Last time was really just for gaming

Awesome collection man! How do you get your consoles so clean? Some look brand new!

Thank you for the compliment.

I guess I need to take some pics and create a thread, showing what I use to clean my consoles with, besides lots of elbow grease...

besides lots of elbow grease...

Thats really what it comes down to right...patience, attention to detail and elbow grease :)

You should get into restoring arcade machines, you would fit right in with that crew, the things those guys do are amazing!

I lack the patience myself but admire those that have it :)

That's funny you mention that, as I have decided that I must finally acquire a late 70's Atari Football Arcade Machine, which I want to look/operate like it just came off the assembly line. Also have a few people keeping their eyes peeled for a Lunar Lander machine too.

Patience, focus, effort = Big Reward !!!

That's funny you mention that, as I have decided that I must finally acquire a late 70's Atari Football Arcade Machine, which I want to look/operate like it just came off the assembly line. Also have a few people keeping their eyes peeled for a Lunar Lander machine too.

Patience, focus, effort = Big Reward !!!

The guys on KLOV would be right up your alley on arcade resto's

Here is one of my favorite restorers "phet" reconditioning a Pac Man

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=98433

Long read but man, it looks brand new when done, he has a whole room full of games that have had similar treatment :)

• 3 months later...

thats insane. nice collection :)

Thanks brother!

Hey Raider, you get your Warrior yet? Man, I can't wait to play it!! :)

Not yet, I'm jonsing as well....

no problem!

Hey, you guys should come throw down with us in the

VECTOR WARS II

http://www.retrocademagazine.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1332

It's pretty close now, some new guy "chainsaw" just racked up some pretty crazy scores though, going to have to practice tonight :)

thats insane. nice collection :)

Thanks brother!

Hey Raider, you get your Warrior yet? Man, I can't wait to play it!! :)

Not yet, I'm jonsing as well....

no problem!

Hey, you guys should come throw down with us in the

VECTOR WARS II

http://www.retrocade...php?f=23&t=1332

It's pretty close now, some new guy "chainsaw" just racked up some pretty crazy scores though, going to have to practice tonight :)

cool :D