IGNORED

Who the hell is doing this?

PacManPlus

The thing is with this listing, that eBayers are causing the price to go up. Maybe the seller needed the money and didn't really want to get rid of it. They did something offensive in the eyes of this community, perhaps without knowing it would get so high, offend anyone, or get out of hand. I'd like to hear their side. Was there an understanding not to get rid of it before XM?

Generally, if I have to sell a homebrew because I don't need it, like it, or have to get some money together, I try to get what I paid out of it, and often times end up taking a hit (more often than not). Ask CPU he has seen me sell his stuff many times at a loss. The last few times I tried to sell something homebrew on eBay the listings got pulled. Those listings were even done in conjunction with and authorization of the builder. I'm not sure how or why the double standard works. Where good sellers can't sell their legit goods, and hozer repros go off without a hitch.

Certainly if Bob did people a special favor, they should have had the tact to at least put it on AA for what they paid, or at least get his blessing for the sale.

• Like 4

When I needed some money a while back I sold a homebrew that was still (and I believe still is) available at the AA store so I figured I'd get less than I paid. I got more than I paid for some reason. The oddest thing though - the buyer had two other copies of said game. :?

Edited by AtariLeaf

Bob,

Please don't let this discourage or get you down. You are a tremendous asset to the community. Unfortunately, in any community just like in real life there are dirt-bags and low-life people.

What you did for a few people and why is no one’s business. To take advantage of you or a situation like what that seller on e-bay is doing is disgraceful. I really wonder how people can sleep at night sometimes.

Thank you Bob again, for all your efforts and the fantastic things you continue to do for this hobby and community. Not everyone will appreciate it, but the (sometimes silent) majority does indeed.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys, but I'm sure Al can't ban a user just for selling something on eBay.

I'll tell you one thing though, I won't do *that* again.

The XM can't come out soon enough.

Bob

Since Al owns the site, he can ban whoever (whomever) he wants anytime he wants for whatever reason he wants. :)

I say we find the guy, then string him up by his eyelids and then beat him in the balls until he blinks!

Edited by Deteacher

Indeed the seller should be outted, but shouldn't the bidders be as well if they are regulars of AtariAge? I know it's not as easy to identify an eBay bidder, but like in the ColecoVision scene, I'm sure many of you are familiar with certain bidders shortened eBay name and feedback score that are displayed.

Edited by NIAD

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it was: http://www.atariage....21417-eightbit/

That seems to be the same person (according to this thread: http://www.atariage....ctions-on-ebay/).

Still, not massively keen on all the outrage in here, though... it's one thing being a bit pissed off because he's selling the game he bought (or someone traded with him, I don't know either way) but there's hardly a need for the anger and threats.

I suppose the best thing to take from this is if people don't want stuff like this being sold on, simply don't sell it to anyone who isn't a good friend or you don't trust 100%. That or only sell things openly to everyone and let them do what they like afterwards as is the norm. That way a lack of drama can be guaranteed.

• Like 1

That isn't it - I made a few of these stand-alones as a favor to a few people who were concerned about the XM not coming out and/or not getting an XM.

This was not a general release yet, and anyone I did make one for was told that it wasn't. He's trying to make a buck because it isn't out there yet.

To answer sh3-rg's post, I already stated that I won't ever do that again.

I *can't* release this game yet as it is mainly an XM game (because of the Pokey and HSC), and I haven't been able to test it on real hardware yet.

I was trying to be fair and not make stand-alones either until the XM version was out, but a few people PMmed me about it so I did it as a favor.

• Like 5

I don't get it? You are not allowed to sell homebrews if you don't want them anymore?

The concern here is less for the sale of a homebrew, and more the sale of a homebrew before it has even been released. Bob made a few carts early as favors for people, as Super Circus AtariAge won't be released until the XM comes out. So basically the concern is more that someone is profiting on that favor and homebrewer's goodwill rather than after a general release to the public; it just seems "bad form" to do something like that.

• Like 5

That isn't it - I made a few of these stand-alones as a favor to a few people who were concerned about the XM not coming out and/or not getting an XM.

This was not a general release yet, and anyone I did make one for was told that it wasn't. He's trying to make a buck because it isn't out there yet.

I *can't* release this game yet as it is mainly an XM game (because of the Pokey and HSC), and I haven't been able to test it on real hardware yet.

I was trying to be fair and not make stand-alones either until the XM version was out, but a few people PMmed me about it so I did it as a favor.

Hi Bob

:(Sad,that someone needs to do this

greetings Walter

• Like 1

Was it put to them that it cant be sold under any circumstances ??

Does it really have to be spelled out? Like I said I told the few people that I made the cart for that it wasn't a general release yet... and they *knew* that it was a favor. Common Sense should be a dictating factor here.

I'm seriously considering making the non-XM version available now only so they are not a rarity... and I will not be selling anything else to eightbit.

There was never any need for threats (banning or otherwise) of the kind. I just have to keep track of who I can trust.

Anyway, it's been done, I've learned my lesson, and when the next two that I'm working on are ready they will only be relased as a whole (assuming that anyone wants them).

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 6

Ah, that makes sense. I don't follow the 7800 scene very close and didn't know all the details. I thought I read something in this topic about it being available in the AA store currently, my bad :)

*edit - this is what I was talking about

Although whoever is bidding on that obviously doesn't realize that it can be bought from the AA store for less than the bid :ponder:

That lead me to believe they were just selling a regular/released homebrew which I see no harm in. The fact that it is unreleased and they knew that though is crappy :(

You can put one on Ebay yourself and explain it will be available in the AA store soon, he might get some retracted bids? Just an idea...

Does it really have to be spelled out? Like I said I told the few people that I made the cart for that it wasn't a general release yet... and they *knew* that it was a favor. Common Sense should be a dictating factor here.

I'm seriously considering making the non-XM version available now only so they are not a rarity... and I will not be selling anything else to eightbit.

There was never any need for threats (banning or otherwise) of the kind. I just have to keep track of who I can trust.

Anyway, it's been done, I've learned my lesson, and when the next two that I'm working on are ready they will only be relased as a whole (assuming that anyone wants them).

Thanks,

Bob

Everyone wants your games, don't let it bother you any further. If you have an eBay account, I honestly don't see how it could hurt to quick put a few up with a low start to drive his sale down. No one here will let them end for less than your typical asking price on the last day. It will nip his sale if any of the buyers search for other copies.

• Like 3

*edit - this is what I was talking about

Although whoever is bidding on that obviously doesn't realize that it can be bought from the AA store for less than the bid :ponder:

That lead me to believe they were just selling a regular/released homebrew which I see no harm in. The fact that it is unreleased and they knew that though is crappy :(

You can put one on Ebay yourself and explain it will be available in the AA store soon, he might get some retracted bids? Just an idea...

I was referring to the "Super Pac-Man" he had with that sentence. :)

Everyone wants your games, don't let it bother you any further. If you have an eBay account, I honestly don't see how it could hurt to quick put a few up with a low start to drive his sale down. No one here will let them end for less than your typical asking price on the last day. It will nip his sale if any of the buyers search for other copies.

Thanks, Ax.

Anyway, let's let this go (please). I was upset at first, but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't matter. Live and learn.

• Like 4

Anyway, let's let this go (please). I was upset at first, but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't matter. Live and learn.

So we don't get to solve a real-life mystery? Crap! Now we'll never know who the witch is!

So we don't get to solve a real-life mystery? Crap! Now we'll never know who the witch is!

Read this page again, it actually was answered. ;)

• Like 1

Read this page again, it actually was answered. ;)

The answer can be read backwards in a mirror, Encylopedia Brown!

• Like 2

I had just PMed PacmanPlus. I am so sorry. I did not mean any harm. He was very kind to send me some items when I was out of my house for the flood, but the 7800 did not function and I was never able to get it to function, so the games sat here unused. I still need a bed for my girls (that was lost in the flood too) and my wife suggested I try to sell some things around the house. I was not using the games, and figured that these would be better served elsewhere...and make some money for the bed of course. I did not realize this was an *unreleased* title. I am removing it now from ebay. I am very sorry for any trouble caused. I was not even aware of this thread, until I got a PM. Again, never meant any wrong doing...and anyone who knows me on here knows I mean that.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 3