IGNORED

Atari History Book

R4ngerM4n

They've actually had those Wikipedia books there and in Google Books for a while. Trust me when I say there won't be a comparison. ;)

True but would people confuse the two before actually seeing them since the tiles are similar?

Allan

Legally, whoever did it doesn't have the right to use that as the title. That's the exact reason why we didn't, Atari Legal said we had to have the subtitle just as prominent so people didn't mistake it as an official Atari book.

Shut 'em down!

This guy is pretty interesting. He has about 2,000 titles with him listed as editor. Most of the subjects seem kind of random, maybe what he finds interesting at the time. Most of the titles are pretty specialized and wouldn't attract much wide-spread attention. On the days he does post titles up, there seems to be quite a number at a time; sometimes a couple dozen or more . Then there are days when he doesn't post. It must take him quite a while to collate all of that information, if he's doing so directly around the time he uploads, probably much of the day.

There seems to be an online shop that deals with books in mass, that has a copy of many of his works as "used" copies, unread.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'm thinking the book shop may be connected to family or friends, somehow and he might be Autistic or have some other disability and preoccupies his time this way, his family purchasing copies to support him. If he is neurotypical and just squatting on makeshift books, hoping for a bite...goodness.

Guess it could be a fictitious name, with several individuals involved. *shrug*

Edited by AtariNerd

• 2 weeks later...

LOL - same here

Amazon automatically put our pre-orders into shipping status, your order does not actually ship until the books are made available on July 27th and they begin to ship between then and August 1st, please disregard the Amazon automated email, thank you.

Oh well - at least my 3-piece roto-toms did actually ship :)

The e-book is color, but printed is black and white?

Printing is expensive and it is uncertain how many might be published; a few hundred, thousand, million. They have to presume certain scenarios with an eye to keeping costs to potential purchasers in-line. It's a bit dependant on word of mouth marketing, as the guys don't have gobs of cash to throw at this and take a modest approach about self-promotion. A few polite well-crafted submissions to Slashdot, Reddit, Engadget, or wherever interested Geeks reside, that don't sound like blatant ads, might help. Plus mentions on your FaceBook walls, Twitter Streams, etc. Of course, if you are an earlier purchaser and you find interest in what you have read, feel free to give an honest review on your website, blog, YouTube channel. They mentioned a possible color reprint, further down the line, but depending on how well this does and future demand, it could be pretty costly.

Not interested,

We don't trust curt anymore

Who is we? You and your many personalities? I see you have posted random replies across many of the topics and categories after signing up today... Or are you just trying to increase your post count quickly?

Not interested,

We don't trust curt anymore

Who is we? You and your many personalities? I see you have posted random replies across many of the topics and categories after signing up today... Or are you just trying to increase your post count quickly?

Wondering the same thing I get home from work and the threads I usually check out has this persons reply in all of them

• 1 month later...

Just got this:

HI,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, Createspace, with whom we've published our book through and is directly owned by Amazon has informed us of some formatting issues in the files we had uploaded to the Amazon service for the books. We've hired the Createspace Design services team to correct the issues, they tell us it is 48 hours to correct, and then we will submit back into their review system and they can then releaase back over onto Amazon, this will take 4 days or so to complete and we expect by Monday to have the issues cleared up.

We are very sorry about the delays and we will send everyone who ordered through out site separately an Atari History Bumpersticker for free when we release those in September, those are a $7.99 value that we will send to everyone free for your trouble, thanks again for your support and patience.

Please follow us on Facebook for more updates and information.

Syzygy Press

• 1 month later...