IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

According to the schematic, as well as Candle's "in-progress" instructions, my pin assignments are correct.

Sorry candle - re-posting this snippet from your info:

\[b]Making connections for auxiliary header P5[/b]
This is essential for true XL/XE compatibility, as there are signals you need to tap in that are not present anywhere else in the system. These are:[list]
[*]pin #1 - HALT - nessesary for ANTIC extended memory access (so called CompyShop mode)
[*]pin #2 - IRQ - required by some PBI devices
[*]pin #3 & 4 - RD4 and RD5 - controlling cartridge port in XL/XE series (mandatory)
[*]pin #5 - RNMI - that becomes our RESET line (mandatory)
[*]pin #6 - RDY - another signal required only by some PBI devices
[/list]
Please see the picture for tapping points for all these signals.

Steve,

HALT is only on the board under the aluminum housing and required for CompyShop memory NOT the PBI devices..

Steve,

HALT is only on the board under the aluminum housing and required for CompyShop memory NOT the PBI devices..

Thanks to you and Atari Geezer for finding my error. Apologies to anyone that followed the incorrect guide. Please see http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/206900-incognito-production-installation/page__st__25#entry2669349 for the correct images.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this! One information is missing: In the explanation of using P6 for different LED and button for ATR change are pictures namend, but not shown. Found the pictures in: /atari/incognito/install

What I miss is the wiring for P6. Could you please add these infos?

Regards, Jurgen

Hi,

Thanks very much for this! One information is missing: In the explanation of using P6 for different LED and button for ATR change are pictures namend, but not shown. Found the pictures in: /atari/incognito/install

What I miss is the wiring for P6. Could you please add these infos?

Regards, Jurgen

I hope we can figure this out on Saturday and then I'll do the documentation. See you in Elmshorn. :)

They would have no more reason to hold his order than mine, less actually. Both orders were for 2 Incognito's, plus mine also had an LPT: Xilinx programmer.

Don't they sometimes randomly check packages rather than having a reason for it..?

Customs may work in strange ways.. I just found out one of the SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB devices I shipped to Czech Republic for example was held-up by their customs, yet another one I shipped to the very same country around the very same time seems to have gone without problems (or at least that's what i know about it)...

Edited by atari8warez

@jacobus

The device I mentioned above was shipped on November 24th 2012 and it just showed-up at the hands of the customs officers in Czech Republic recently. Having Xmas and the New Year may have slowed things further, so a bit more patience may be required around this time of the year.... don't give-up hope as yet but you may expect to pay some duties+taxes..

On a different note: A laptop battery I purchased from NJ (USA) reached me after 6 weeks making it's way from NJ to Belgium (Europe) first and then was shipped back to Canada from Belgium (I am still trying to figure out the economics of this :? ). Not exactly the same scenario as yours but the ebay seller in my case chose to use the crappy (and dirt cheap) shipping service called PostClubUSA instead of using regular USPS service (as originally advertised on his listing).

Needless to say he got a BIG NEG for feedback as I wasn't really amused when I've got older than I expected before I received my device :)

Edited by atari8warez

sometimes CN22 custom form fells off from the envelope, but i was using glue to help self-adhesive layer to stick to that envelope this time, but yes, sometimes things get very slow at the customs :(

what tracking service says?

Tracking says it left Poland on the 21st - and nothing more.