IGNORED

The Stacks

Zoyx

• 2 months later...

Definitely. At the end of the day, we needed to service the contest and that worked out well.

Now we need to find the right time to make it a real game. I'm torn because both Kevin and I loved the experience, but would probably prefer making a new game from scratch. But since we are so close, it's tough to move on - people genuinely want it to evolve. Ugh.

And then there is the pesky day job which turns into all consuming work. Which, BTW, we play Medieval Mayhem at the office at least three times a week. icon_wink.gif

Bump..

Just curious if you will actually be revising this game, or making another one soon..

P.S. I am extremely disappointed I didn't find out about this until after the contest.. I needed the DeLorean..

• 4 months later...

And then there is the pesky day job which turns into all consuming work. Which, BTW, we play Medieval Mayhem at the office at least three times a week. icon_wink.gif

Hi Mike,

I would really like to own this game in cartridge form.

I am guessing at this point that there is not going to be an official release.

Would you grant permission for me to have a custom cart made?

I would really appreciate it if you would.

P.S. This is a label I'd use for it:

the_stacks-main_150dpi_zpsdf0b89b3.jpg

Hi Mike,

I would really like to own this game in cartridge form.

I am guessing at this point that there is not going to be an official release.

Would you grant permission for me to have a custom cart made?

I would really appreciate it if you would.

P.S. This is a label I'd use for it:

the_stacks-main_150dpi_zpsdf0b89b3.jpg

I still have plans to get the game finished and have an official release. I've already spent a fair amount of time on this project!

..Al

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I played this game a year or two ago, but too bad I wasn't aware of the contest at the time. I love the game and hope it still gets an official release. I remember seeing instructions for the game back when I first found out about it. It seems they're gone now that the contest is over... or I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone still have the instructions archived somewhere, or know where to find them?

I know I'm really late to the game on this, but I just found out there was an easter egg last night, so I had to find it for myself. I was successful in finding it and took this pic which led me to a website where the 2nd part of the contest had taken place. Of course, it's different content now, but it's still cool that it leads to an active website.

post-9364-0-46400400-1417309589_thumb.jpg

And to hold me over until the official release, (which is very hard to wait for), I had to make myself a cart mockup.

post-9364-0-81438100-1417309567_thumb.jpg

Oh, and now I have to read the book!

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

...another bump from someone patiently (and until now, silently) waiting for this cart to become a reality.

Oh, and a question. Is it possible to take the BIN file used to play the game on an emulator like Stella and program it onto a cart? If so, how would a newbie such as myself go about it in the least expensive way?

• 10 months later...

We are still working on it. It is maybe 95% done, but it still needs some polishing.

To that end, we are looking for some people who are willing to play the game on real hardware (using a Harmony Cart) to help test for bugs and to give us feedback on how to further improve the game. Please PM me if you are interested in helping.

..Al

• 2 months later...

So you have obtained permission from the original programmers to improve the game?

Yes, in fact Darrell Spice, Jr. and (especially) Thomas Jentzsch have put in a great deal of time and effort into the game, fixing some issues and making improvements in others. Plus, Rhindle the Red has created tons of new graphics for the game as well. We're at a point now where we need to bring in some additional playtesters to get feedback so we can further polish the game.

..Al

• Like 3

Yes, in fact Darrell Spice, Jr. and (especially) Thomas Jentzsch have put in a great deal of time and effort into the game, fixing some issues and making improvements in others. Plus, Rhindle the Red has created tons of new graphics for the game as well. We're at a point now where we need to bring in some additional playtesters to get feedback so we can further polish the game.

..Al

Awesome. Looking forward to it!

• 3 months later...

We are still working on it. It is maybe 95% done, but it still needs some polishing.

To that end, we are looking for some people who are willing to play the game on real hardware (using a Harmony Cart) to help test for bugs and to give us feedback on how to further improve the game. Please PM me if you are interested in helping.

..Al

Did this game ever get finished? I've been eagerly awaiting the chance to buy a cart for it for ages! (as well as add a rom to my collection)

Thanks! And yes it motivates, a bit.

But I am not freaking out about it in its current state. IMO the game is missing something. And that's the problem. So I am looking out for help.

Have you considered talking to the author? I'm sure he would love to give the game a little something extra, maybe as a reward for beating hard mode. Perhaps some bits of the first novel that got cut out because they didn't flow well, or maybe some info about the second novel/the first chapter or something.