IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

4 hours ago, Mauro Rodriguez said:

Take That F.. VIC II !!

I take it that's a general reaction, very belated opinion, to the entire thread, and not that you think it was the Lorikeets image, and possibly Thatched Cottage, that was finally the one(s) that showed that darned VIC II? :rolling::thumbsup:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 1

A Farewell to Kings. 77 colors.

FarewelltoKings.png

From the cover of the Rush album 'A Farewell to Kings.'

GS_FarewelltoKings.xex

I'm only posting this next image here because the two images are a pair, covers from two consecutive Rush albums that are a pair in themselves as a two-part song is spread across the end of one and the beginning of the next album. I keep getting the sprite clashing error in it though, and just fixing it isn't enough as there are areas not resolving correctly because of it (mainly the man's legs). I'm posting this one anyway, but I am redoing it again to to hopefully better results and no error.

Hemispheres. 53 colors.

Hemispheres1.png

From the Rush album Hemispheres.

GS_Hemispheres.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 6

On 9/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, GravityWorm said:

it would be top 3 for me, but I do not like the sky...

I agree, the sky does not fit the rest of the image at all. So I decided to prepare an alternative version where the sky is completely flat.

It is worth to mention that I didn't run the conversion again. Instead of that I modified the previous result of conversion by editing the MIC, PMG data and raster program by hand. It took me couple of hours to do it but I think that the final result is quite good taking into account that I do not have such skills like RastaConverter has.

output.png.9a7d749497ef9acdf9b7aeb79d81af55.png

amarok_lorikeets_v2.xex

• Like 20

5 hours ago, amarok said:

I agree, the sky does not fit the rest of the image at all. So I decided to prepare an alternative version where the sky is completely flat.

It is worth to mention that I didn't run the conversion again. Instead of that I modified the previous result of conversion by editing the MIC, PMG data and raster program by hand. It took me couple of hours to do it but I think that the final result is quite good taking into account that I do not have such skills like RastaConverter has

I like your final result with the sanitised background.

Sounds like a lot of work though. What I do in such situations is save my current conversion. Then I find the output png file and clean that up to what I want it to be.

Then I feed that back into Rastaconverter again and it will get a result much, much quicker than the first time around.

If you have the foresight beforehand, you can use background removal tools online. I don't see why we should waste colour changes for a background that nobody is interested in, keep it for the main focus of the image.

Some see it as cheating, but I just want the best quality image possible, however it is achieved as I am not in a competition with anyone else, only myself. 

Lovely image by the way, one of the best on here.

• Like 3

I think that we all can agree that RastaConverter is an unique and a powerful tool.
It gives us the ability to create images at such a high technical level that was unimaginable in the 1980s.

For me, working with RC is a constant challenge to break the limits of the capabilities of Atari 8-bit computers.
On the other hand it gives me a chance to bring some eye-catching and aestetic content to the computer from my childhood.

Today I would like to show you something that I have been working on for a long time.

output.png.590a50eb9874713f73190e785596ce2e.png

At first I spend some time for searching for good looking nature-oriented photos.
After that I performed rough adjustment and conversion of every image which met my expectations.
In the next step I cropped the most interesting parts from each picture and combined them into the mosaic.
Then I performed some conversion attempts using RastaConverter and picked up the most satisfying result.
At the end I fixed raster program to remove artifacts caused by self-overlapping players and voilà!

The image contains 53 unique colors. I hope you like it.

amarok_nature.xex

Edited by amarok
  • Like 22

Been a while since I posted one.  I was reminded that I hadn't yet benchmarked Rasta Convertor on my new rig.  I made a second attempt at an image.  It managed 4 million iterations in about 77 minutes which isn't too shabby.  I saw some peaks of 166,000 iterations per second, this conversion averaged 87,218 per second.    PAL palette since my daily drivers are.

467591361_Scarlette_4million.thumb.png.3aa943c3e63f13491f963089ed0bd570.png

Altirra screen cap.  There's one damn white line that needs repaired low in the image.

cap.thumb.png.c99c18ae23d5d95ea20ebad5c73c6327.png

Stephen_Scarlette_SecondConversion.xex

• Like 2