IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

15 minutes ago, ClausB said:

Why stretched? Planets are round.

are you viewing this PAL RC XEX on an NTSC as that would account for it appearing stretched presumably?  When I view the above moon image on Altirra (Pal) it is perfectly round. :) 

17 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

are you viewing this PAL RC XEX on an NTSC as that would account for it appearing stretched presumably?  When I view the above moon image on Altirra (Pal) it is perfectly round. :) 

He's refering to image is a bit oval and should be more circle:

Atari8man_Traveler.png.8709f50e03d059c92db67fb9eeb74c3b.png.f52c6c6e6bc2d01b44897d65e6704915.png

The oval form is indeed more pronounced at the left side:

output.png-src.png.c628cb6407b7dff0d182c2afc4d9050d.png.a0626c7b16e7b6f678023e4be54da282.png

Edited by José Pereira
  • Thanks 1

PAL pixels are closer to square where NTSC are tall/skinny - so that image would be closer to round if switched to NTSC.

The likely cause assuming the original was round would be aspect ratio error when converting to a resolution suitable for RC.

6 minutes ago, Rybags said:

PAL pixels are closer to square where NTSC are tall/skinny - so that image would be closer to round if switched to NTSC.

The likely cause assuming the original was round would be aspect ratio error when converting to a resolution suitable for RC.

yes, if you have the image 1:1 ratio (160x) pixels seems maybe @Atari8man2004 streched it 2x? 

output.png-src.png.c628cb6407b7dff0d182c2afc4d9050d.png.a0626c7b16e7b6f678023e4be54da282.png.330a89c719d1921924d57b0c02aced65.png

This way seems now a bit oval also but vertically...

Edited by José Pereira

4 hours ago, José Pereira said:

yes, if you have the image 1:1 ratio (160x) pixels seems maybe @Atari8man2004 streched it 2x? 

output.png-src.png.c628cb6407b7dff0d182c2afc4d9050d.png.a0626c7b16e7b6f678023e4be54da282.png.330a89c719d1921924d57b0c02aced65.png

This way seems now a bit oval also but vertically...

The image is surreal making it fit on a 320x240 requires chopping  so the choice was to cut the astronaut in half or get everthing in the picture with a little strech I went with the later. It's a work in Progress and I posted the source.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ClausB said:

Nice and round!

I converted this image 5 or 6 times there was lots of problem with color bleeding and horizontal line with the first post.  Getting it to where it is now there still a little color bleeding but it's close enough and the ratio is good " little chopping was done "  so it's final I can now move to one of my other post that can use a bit more work.  

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

Fitting this image in a 4:3 crt ratio would req adding space to the horizontal this may make the bottom of the image to small to render the "astronaut" with rasta pixel size but I'm not sure it must be tested. The other is cropping the image cutting most of the astronaut away maybe only the head would remain but I'm also not sure and would need to be tested.

1.PNG

maybe.png

20 hours ago, José Pereira said:

He's refering to image is a bit oval and should be more circle:

Atari8man_Traveler.png.8709f50e03d059c92db67fb9eeb74c3b.png.f52c6c6e6bc2d01b44897d65e6704915.png

The oval form is indeed more pronounced at the left side:

output.png-src.png.c628cb6407b7dff0d182c2afc4d9050d.png.a0626c7b16e7b6f678023e4be54da282.png

It's fine, I thought Claus was referring to the moon image, not the traveller image. That will teach me to look at forums on a small mobile screen whilst commuting. ;) 

9 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

It's fine, I thought Claus was referring to the moon image, not the traveller image. That will teach me to look at forums on a small mobile screen whilst commuting. ;) 

We're all good here :)   I also get confused with messages and quotes.  The rescaling worked with little loss I was worried that rescaling would render the astronaut unrecognizable due to Raster pixel size but it worked.   The other image of the moon that I posted 5 or 6 months ago I was never happy with that image I went back into it like 5 times there were many issues with color bleeding and horizontal line but now i'm happy with it and it looks very good.  Gunstar posted some images of Wizards at the top of the page I have not done any wizards or mages and my do some in the near future. 

1org.png

Rescale.png

output.png-dst.png.6568e051a6186c7ab1db6d97a5e75e4c.png

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Mage

colors: 44

plus src

I have not ran this on my 8bit yet hope its ok.

Atari8man_Mage.png

output.png-src.png

Atari8man_Mage.xex 22.18 kB · 0 downloads

Some way to have better defined 3 or 4pixels wide red/punk face to see noose, top and around the to black eyes. Still looking amazing as is but right now the noose is just 2pixels wide with all around black... And the beard also would win ir Grays possível instead of blues but probably not possível due to the already maximum in-line number of colours?

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1