IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

2 minutes ago, tebe said:

the less you know the bolder the statements ;)

Would you dispute the fact that the majority of G2F images are not using a full display kernel to slam registers consuming 100% CPU time in the visible region?  A "simple" example can just have some DLIs for character set changes.  Is there something I am missing or have boldly misstated?

• Thanks 1

While I much prefer my 256 colour scrolling 320*480 VBXE version, that is cheating and not what this thread is about.

So here's the stock machine's 65 colour attempt (background was removed - there was no way it would convert with it in place)Redhead_Progress.thumb.jpg.064f770532bf9da26519af2dd7175f44.jpg.

Stephen_Redhead.thumb.png.4e5e02e1486430395e8d4dbb5b2cc43e.png

Stephen_Redhead.xex

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GravityWorm said:

Today i learned that there is a genre called: "Arcade - Boulder Dash"...
LOL 😅
image.thumb.png.2355bc8919f239842c59515234884dda.png

Yup, it's such a copied and distinct game type, it has become it's own genre. Makes sense really. Same as having a space invaders genre, or a lemmings genre if you think about it. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

81 Colours and a little display of the temps.  I have a triple fan water cooler on this thing.  I've never seen it go above 80C which to me is crazy hot, but as soon as the CPU load goes away, the temps fall very quickly.  A minute later I was almost back down to 60C and two minutes later 52C.

Flowers_Progress.thumb.jpg.9d283f3a57f785c23b04d70719de2473.jpg

Stephen_Flowers.thumb.png.bc77bb658a010dc1cf9013ca032cf669.png

Stephen_Flowers.xex

• Like 10

80 isn't a lot for a modern CPU.  Throttling is at 100 (95 I think for Ryzen?)

My 14 core i5-14600KF can hit 100 on air fairly quickly, I generally do encodes and RC type work with a conservative thread allocation.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rybags said:

80 isn't a lot for a modern CPU.  Throttling is at 100 (95 I think for Ryzen?)

My 14 core i5-14600KF can hit 100 on air fairly quickly, I generally do encodes and RC type work with a conservative thread allocation.

Wow - ok.  Admittedly, my last water cooled PC was from perhaps 18 years ago.  But - this is when air cooled would maybe hit 65C-75C, and my water cooled rig would never go more than 5C above ambient at 100% load.  I am not keeping up with the times it would seem!

These are on core sensor temps too - back in the Athlon XP/Pentium 4 days the reading was usually from a motherboard sensor in the middle of the CPU socket so would read somewhat lower than the actual CPU die would have been.

On 5/20/2024 at 1:15 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

At least Elektraglide is available with that titlescreen at Homesoft's webpage:

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?dl=035

For Donkey Kong he has a similar title, for DK Junior a different one:

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=D

Maybe some others too (I remember Moon Patrol with a Rasta titlescreen).

For all the rest, better call Saul, ahem, better call @nobody maybe he can add these titles to the games.

Yes, I know there is already a version of Elektraglide with a new title screen, but it's the US Gold version, English Software version here ;)
I haven't found a version of Donkey Kong with this title screen.

On 5/20/2024 at 11:04 PM, Atari8man2004 said:

What would be cool is a small app that would allow apending a raster image to a game xex file.   This would open up some realy awesome title screens for games that have no title screen and there are many of them.  :)

There is an application to add a Rasta image to a xex game file, but it does not work with some games.
It's Integrator ArSoft - Programmes (netstrefa.pl)

I found some xex games without title screen on my hard drive and Atarionline.pl.

I added my title screens conversions:

PAL versions 

Donkey Kong Junior (1983)(Nintendo)-PAL_PLUS.xexDonkey Kong (1983)(Nintendo)-PAL_PLUS.xexElektra Glide (1985)(English Software Company)[m MG]-PAL_PLUS.xexBasil the Great Mouse Detective (1987)(Gremlin Graphics)(GB)-PAL_PLUS.xexMoon Patrol (1982)(Atari)(US)[5200]_PAL_PLUS.xex

NTSC versions

Moon Patrol (1982)(Atari)(US)[5200]-NTSC_PLUS.xexBasil the Great Mouse Detective (1987)(Gremlin Graphics)(GB)_NTSC_PLUS.xexElektra Glide (1985)(English Software Company)[m MG]-NTSC_PLUS.xexDonkey Kong (1983)(Nintendo)-NTSC_PLUS.xexDonkey Kong Junior (1983)(Nintendo)-NTSC_PLUS.xex

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, StaxX28 said:

...but it does not work with some games.

That's because it's not made to work with RastaConverter executables: it's made to work with Graph2Font executables.

Integrator has always worked for me with Rasta executables.
And even if it doesn't work with the added game, the Rasta image still displays.
In this case, you must use another game file version (if available) for this to work. :)

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2024 at 12:41 AM, Stephen said:

81 Colours and a little display of the temps.  I have a triple fan water cooler on this thing.  I've never seen it go above 80C which to me is crazy hot, but as soon as the CPU load goes away, the temps fall very quickly.  A minute later I was almost back down to 60C and two minutes later 52C.

Flowers_Progress.thumb.jpg.9d283f3a57f785c23b04d70719de2473.jpg

Stephen_Flowers.thumb.png.bc77bb658a010dc1cf9013ca032cf669.png

Stephen_Flowers.xex 22.05 kB · 6 downloads

Niiiice conversion :)

• Thanks 1